Poll: help me pick one from these

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by AsiJu, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Which one of these would you take?

Poll closed Nov 24, 2020.
  1. Code Vein

2.8%
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

19.4%
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2

33.3%
  4. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

8.3%
  5. The Outer Worlds

11.1%
  6. Hellpoint

2.8%
  7. Mortal Shell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

16.7%
  9. Watch Dogs Legion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. stop wasting my time you twat!

5.6%
  1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Hi,

from the list (poll) if you had to choose just one, which one would you take?

Different games and genres so just simply pick one for whatever reason you feel like :)
    Just one!

Feel free to give your reasoning below but not mandatory.

Naturally I'm readily interested in all of the above and aware of the genres etc. You'll notice a majority of Soulslikes but that's more a coincidence than anything else.
    Above list was compiled from my Steam wishlist, basically.

Thank you!

Edit: poll closed and game chosen (RDR2)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Sekiro from that list, it's not the big open world "AAA" type gaming service (With extra padding on the side please! Next to the unfinished barely implemented content.) seen time and time again for a few years now and while apparently Activision and From didn't have the best working translation (And some odd translation wonkiness.) it overall ended up being really good although it's not quite Souls like as it based around a stealthier approach with some variations.

Great boss battles too but they're a bit experimental and finding what works and how your play style measures up.

Code Vein - I'm more of a God Eater fan but it wasn't too terrible trying to be something close to that with Souls elements mixed in plus it's own take on a few similar elements from these.
    Watch_Dogs Legion - Waiting on further patches, second game so far was the superior experience too.
    Valhalla - Still early on uncovering the map and taking the fast travel points so not far enough into the main game although I have explored some of the side arcs and stuff it's more of Origins and Odyssey plus some tweaks really.
    Jedi Fallen Order - Backlogged waiting on patches that might not happen but it seems the PC version held up alright or maybe the hardware just powers through many of the console issues. (Also weird cosmetic only unlocks, crafting system cut content?)
    Outer Worlds - First area was fun then it really went downhill and I never finished the game myself, tech issues too but nothing too severe.
    Red Dead Redemption 2 - Backlogged similar to GTA V will revisit in a year and see how it's going but I hear it's doing pretty well after some fixes resolving what the added content update broke or altered.

Don't know enough to comment about Hellpoint or Mortal Shell here, seen them but haven't done enough reading up or looking into how they might be.

Clearing Valhalla at the moment but it's going to be a 80+ hour playthrough at least though less water and sailing taking up a lot of that unlike Odyssey before you can fast travel hop around the place.
    Thus Sekiro as a more focused experience which should hopefully be fun but it's not exactly a Souls game it's trying it's own thing and it can be very frustrating more so than Demons Souls, Dark Souls (1 to 3) or Bloodborne were.
    (Some people struggled for hours with some of the bosses before overcoming them not just 2 - 3 but 4 - 10 so yeah that's a possibility.)

AsiJu likes this.
  3. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    It was a close one for me tbh. It's either RDR2 or Valhalla, depending on the setting you find more appealing. They're both great openworld games with a realistic story and setting and both will keep you busy at least until Cyberpunk is out. ;)

AsiJu likes this.
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I go with hell point, because its like dark souls only with sci fi theme. I had a lot of fun with it.

AsiJu likes this.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    RDR2, my favourite game of all time. I'd probably pick Valhalla 2nd, I haven't played it yet but it's ready and waiting for me to pass my driving test (need to focus on theory study this month not losing myself in a new game!).

DocStr4ngelove, cerebus23 and AsiJu like this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Still to get into the outer worlds but it's on the list, rdr2 for me!

Grimbarian, AsiJu and cerebus23 like this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    cyberpunk in a few weeks maybe.

AsiJu likes this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    I've lost a lot of the hype i was feeling for that game. I dunno if it's cause i know i've no holidays till January?

AsiJu likes this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Ahh, here's the thing... everyone brace yourselves for this one

*takes a deep breath*

I'm likely gonna skip Cyberpunk.

Wait, wait! Put the pitchforks down!

Reason is simple: I can't handle a deep RPG with (surely) a vast open world right now. The mere thought is exhausting.

I can always buy it later. And more than likely will.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i been skipping most cp videos but a few here and there that 45 min one at gamecom i think was the last i watched.

my hypes pretty tapped down in general cp i looking forward to the most in gamining however already got bg3. and star citizen is sc ;p.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    OP don’t get hellpoint. It’s not a good game neither is mortal shell. If you want to go for souls like def get sekiro.
    Other than that I voted for rdr2.

AsiJu likes this.
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    How did the game go downhill in your opinion and why did you drop it?

Curious as that game might have a combo of features I like without "too much" of anything based on what I know of it.

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yes outer worlds started decently but I didn’t finish it either. Can confirm what he said. I got bored with it rather quickly.

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    1. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
    2. Red Dead Redemption 2
    3. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

AsiJu likes this.
  15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Red Dead 2 for sure.

Grimbarian and AsiJu like this.

16. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Took me a minute to figure out whether you said Outer Worlds or Outer Wilds and remember which one was which lol.

Personally Sekiro wins by a mile but you might also consider Outer Wilds instead of Outer Worlds :)

AsiJu and cerebus23 like this.
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    sekiro like any souls game takes getting into it. and replaying for all the lore.

rdr and ass creed are more general fun for all.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I'm a big Souls fan so not a problem :)

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Looks like we have winner. ;) now get your cowboy boots and a long winter coat - you'll need that.

I still remember those wind sounds gave me a chilling down my spine. As always with R* intros.

AsiJu likes this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeah though the gap has actually narrowed by a little.

I'll let the poll run until the weekend (it doesn't close anyway) and decide then.

The last option also seems to have gained a bit of support so that can't be ruled out either :p