POLL: Did you get a Founders Edition RTX3080?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Stormyandcold, Sep 21, 2020.

?

Did you get a Founders Edition RTX3080?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2020.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

66.7%
  3. No, I went 3rd party.

33.3%
  1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Quick poll to see how many of us actually managed to successfully order/receive the Founders Edition direct from Nvidia.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Paper launch cuz' of GDDR6X (mass production was launched ~ Mid. August) so not a big surprise for me :cool:

I go for TUF or GB Master when avaible.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Going for the MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio, because i want a quiet system.

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 3080
    Since you can get VRAM temps over 100C on reference, which I don't like, I'm going to 3rd party cooler option.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's telling that Amazon here in the UK are still not lising the RTX 3080 (searching for it shows lots of, now overpriced, 2080 Tis!). I cannot see any evidence that any UK retailers had stock and I've just checked EBuyer, Scan, Aria, Overclockers, Novatech etc and they are showing no stock. At best, you can pre-order one it seems although EBuyer are showing their cards as being available 30th November!!!

This is without a doubt a paper launch for most people. I suspect that NVIDIA and the card partners have not been able to manufacture enough stock for the official 17th September launch and that most of the stock actually went out to reviewers. That's what it looks to me. The few cards that people have been able to buy seem to in the US and Canada.

Pretty horrendous launch in my opinion. NVIDIA wanted the hype before AMD's card were unveiled and I don't think they cared whether there was enough stock or not. The right thing would have been to have delayed the launch until October when they had more stock but, my guess, is they were worried about what AMD would announce/reveal so they went ahead and launched without ample stock.

Not too bothered really as I will get one eventually, even if it is not until next year, and the longer I wait the better it will be in terms of choice because AMD's new cards may possibly become an option for me, who knows?

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti + Xtreme III
    Preordered an Asus ROG Strix OC. Initial time to deliver was end of Sept but there is zero information on Ebuyer to say what is happening.
    Apart from the message added to the order saying thanks for the order and they will keep me abreast of what is happening, lol.
    None have been reviewed yet either.