[POLL] Call of Duty: Black Ops Stuttering Issue

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deltatux, Nov 11, 2010.

?

Do you suffer from the infamous stuttering problem?

1. Yes

52.3%
  2. No

47.7%
  1. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I've got rid of the stutter in MP but not sure which command done it or if it is dependant on the server?

I have changed snaps to 30, rate to 25000, enabling the multithreading and forced the came to run renderahead 1 (flipquesize 1).

Also disabled blur and dof as the game looks better without IMO.

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    hm about that odd cpu freq, looks like it doesn't matter

check this in cod waw (MPcfg)

sys_configSum "121571059"
    seta sys_configureGHz "0.0154005"
    seta sys_gpu "NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250"
    seta sys_sysMB "1024

and this sysMB i changed it to 4096 in Cod bo and it used up to 2400 instead of 1300, but now im not sure to put it back or not, since its 1024 in cod waw too and i dot have any slowdowns there..

3. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

H! Mates...

Today Installed new Call of Duty Black ops Patch, I played some levels , Stutter is Now less ,But Another problem rised Sound Stutters, Sound Distortion is Increasing by level i think when i played first level it was less, Nw Its making me mad, Cannot Blame Creative , I have no Sound Problems on Other Games Have Played Dirt II... No Problems at all, and then i tried this patch on XP, It was Great after First Scene on Cuba System Just Restarted itself with Sound Infinite Loop...... When i checked the "config" file after patching they didn't change anything all Values is default as first one, So There is someway other way there r doing Fixes , No Tweaks here...

4. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

I think this stutter triggers mainly affects to Intel CPU's My Friend has AMD Athlon XII @ 2.9GHz Processor ,he has no stutter or lag.... Intel C2Duo is more powerful than AMD X2 then why this game more stressing to Intel Processors....

5. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    Game played 100% fine since Nov. 9th but all my friends have been complaining.

6. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    Same here.:bang:

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    i found a possible fix for ingame video stutter and audio skipping..

its this line
    seta r_debugLineWidth "0" its 1 by default
    (found near seta r_clipCodec "MJPEG" seta r_clipFPS "24...)

at 0 it eliminated that video/sounds skipping lag while loading the game,..

except now it looked like it stretches videos a bit, maybe just a little idk they look stretched in the first place, but at least now it made it smooth and it loads faster too :)

8. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i had stuterring, but after patch and edit config, runs fine now

9. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    with the patch it works fine on windows xp 32bit...same crappy stutter on windows 7 though(audio cutouts too)

all settings max..8x AA

10. Barton C++

Barton C++ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    for no apparent reason, huge stutter with bro's rig, E8400@3.9GHz, 4GB, GTX260 192SP, SSD@Raid0, Win 7 x64. Updated to 260.99, LAN drivers, Intel Chipset drivers... still huge stutter.

read forums, no cfg tweaks, but vsync on, textures Extra and it was pretty enjoyable..few of the hitches every now and then, and pretty big one every map start.

On my rig: last hour I had 100% perfect play, felt smooth as L4D, while fps is capped @ 90fps (prolly goes 50-90, gpus do poor job in SLI, even with com_maxfps 300 (single card tho plays 98% gpu usage)

Weird game to tweak... dunno really what helps.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010

11. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I noted that most of the stuttering issue appears on a dual core and less so on more cores.

deltatux

12. Barton C++

Barton C++ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    my 2nd rig with cheap Pentium E6500@3.93GHz (dual core) , 4GB RAM, Crossfire HD4850 512MB: no stutter at all, but poor gpu usage...~50%, means a single card would do same job. FPS isn't what it should be (probably 80-100fps)

Best experience is with 1680x1050, 2xAA, vsync ON (thank god the 1920x1080 monitor has perfect pic on 1680x1050 rez also ! cheap BenQ 2222'something')

well... seems neither camp has the multi gpu profile done... bah.. what has happened to all new games ? made only to make us buy NEW IMPROVED hardware ???

edit ///

My best tip: erase the config_mp.cfg, start OP which generates a new, and set rez, AA etc..leave vsync ON and textures EXTRA..no fiddling with com_maxfps 'nnn' ...and in few weeks, maybe SLI/crossfire profiles come...

13. rickss69

rickss69 Member

GPU:
    Asus 5870
    Much improved since first release. Here is my latest tweaks in settings from the original 60fps cap...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    one more thing, in cod4 mw1 i had to enable multigpu or i would get micro stutter, in cod5 waw i had to disable it or it would run allot worse with lots of smoke..

maybe its the same as with cod4 mw1, im gonna test a bit more now..

and i noticed that Cod Bo uses allooooot more physics, like swinging lights/lamps with dynamic lightning/shadows, more interactive objects and particles, smoke... in cod4 or cod5 there was almost none,. my guess would be that this puts more stress on cpu + poor coding = at least a fast triple core.

15. jimmy123

jimmy123 Active Member

GPU:
    9600gt
    If i play on the Combat training with my friends i don't lag one bit, if i play on the server browser matches i do get a bit of lag.
    I can't play on the ranked matches, comes up with server full.
    Havn't played the single player yet but i imagine it will be ok.

16. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    well the initial stuttering and crap ruined it for me but i have completed the game anyway. Unable to play MP. Seriously i don't know how to get back to the zombie stage.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    any FIX for me pls iam gonna really start to cry for this game :(..all my friends play this and it looks like iam the only 1 with problems :(

EDIT: FCK ME~!

And now when i try to start the game STEAM says: Preparing...i never hated a game like this in my life..

18. xangelofhavocx

xangelofhavocx Member

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB
    I played through the single player with full settings, 2xAA, and 5916x1080 resolution and the entire experience was smooth as butter. Haven't tried the mp though.