[POLL] Call of Duty: Black Ops Stuttering Issue

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deltatux, Nov 11, 2010.

?

Do you suffer from the infamous stuttering problem?

1. Yes

52.3%
  2. No

47.7%
  1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    ok i changed the cfg files from 1 core to multi core. Disable xfire in additon to setting priority to high and the settings i mentioned earlier in CCC in additional to a pretty high OC and this time round i managed to play thru almost 2 stages before i decided to call it a day. Unfortunately the game hung when i saved and wanted to go to main menu. I understand there's quite a long animation of bombs and explosions before you can reach the main menu. For me this is a very big significant improvment over my earlier gameplay since i died countless times while playing thru those 2 stages so i probably played maybe like 2 hrs of gaming without any MS or game hanging during gameplay perhaps a slight slow down during intense gameplay.

Overall i would say it kind of resolves the problems for me.

2. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    It looks like to me a lot of dual core users are having issues more than quad core gamers.

deltatux

3. Chunin

Chunin Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    The game is unplayable on any settings on my pc. Even if i get 50+ fps on lower settings it still runs crappy because it has some weird lag ever few seconds and huge random fps drops. Ive only played the single player campaign. Guess ill stick with the x360 version for the time being and replay it again on the pc when they get around to fixing it...

4. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    installed as patchcame out last night , game runs smooth as butter but mp is laggy crap , wtf is going on dedicated servers with lag after mw2 debacle:bang:

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    @signex: God, that screenshot looks sh!te. About time they update the engine to fix the fog & transparency issues. Look at the foggy hills and the palmtree leaves, thats just plain buggy. Games in 2000 looked like that. :p

6. Chunin

Chunin Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Actually what you said, deltatux, is about accurate, i played it at my friends place yesterday, he has quad amd and an 9800gtx and the game runs flawlessly hovering at around 70 fps.

7. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    wow even with such an old gpu the game runs fine for him guess it's just like gta4 cpu intensive game.

8. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX

Yes it was. games awsome! Nothing special on the graphic side but the replay factor is great, like all the different styles of MP.

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Just got the game, in singleplayer first level at the bar getting dip to 50 fps at the door. WTF and it looks like a turd. 30% GPU usage. Sometimes I can turn around and it dips to 30 fps before jumping back to 50-60.

What have they done to the once amazing optimized Q3 engine to make it run like a dog. My rig should be able to run 300 fps locked on this pos.

Overclocking my card from 700/1000 to 900/1200 and NO difference in FPS.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    already patched ?

also you can try this:

seta r_multiGpu "0" use1 since u have dualgpu..
    seta r_multithreaded_device "1"
    seta sys_configureGHz "3.624" put in your freq.
    seta sys_sysMB "4096" i used 4gb it was 1024 at default.

and same here it stutters at first, but its ok later on.. although these odd 50ish drops kinda suck yea..

11. AshCation

AshCation Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX580
    Works perfect here max setting 1080P.

But its a illegal copy of the game , I dont know if its count. (Some Scene Releases Group fixes some problems the game have , before the company do)

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Never seen it download any patch but it is on steam so I imagine it must be up to date?

Already tried mltigpu and multithread to 1 which made no difference, will try the others see if they help.

13. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    Not in SP, but in MP I had one or two stutters, but they quickly went. I should update my GFX drivers, I haven't done that for about 6 months, oops!

14. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Tried the others but no difference.

I tried the MP and I get locked 60 fps with vsync there. Just getting poor performance in SP.

In one scene where I was getting 45fps I did some testing.

x16 AA = 45fps
    AA OFF = 30 fps
    x16 AA back on = 45fps
    WTF

15. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Ya, I heard that turning on even 2X AA fixes the framerates which I was like o_O?

deltatux

16. troyus

troyus Member

GPU:
    5970 @ 950/1150
    that was my thread over there u linked too :)

17. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i have the stuttering too..

18. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I think for my case it is due to my cpu and the fact that the settings were too high for my cpu.

I lowered it from x16 to x8 for AA and it didn't hang for a long time, of course with the additional settings that i added in.

Btw i hear MLAA makes the game look like 4xAA with 0AA performance is this correct?

This game can go up to 16xAA so 4xAA doesn't seem to good.

Finally completed the game anyway.

The last few stages look way better than the 1st few stages though or maybe it's just me.

19. dukhia

dukhia New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Guess what, getting 45fps with 16X AA and full gfx on my midrange GPU :p:, the graphics are really outdated :D

20. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    really there should be two polls , 1 about in game stutters , the other the mp server lag

i dont get any stutters game at 1920 x 1200 4aa ss but suffer from erratic pings on mp when the servers so called have really low pings , some rounds are worse than others