POLL: BF3 all you hoped for?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Tequila, Sep 30, 2011.

?

BF3: Buy or No Buy

1. Have you cancelled your preorder? Or are no longer purchasing BF3?

37 vote(s)
    34.9%
  2. BF3 ROCKS I BUI IT NOWZ

69 vote(s)
    65.1%
  1. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    What's funny is I always AVOID using the "cheater" guns as I call them. You're right, there seems to always be one or two weapons that are ridiculously overpowered in any FPS when it's released, and in most cases things get balanced with a patch or three. I'd rather educate (embarrass!) the enemy with a weaker, harder to use weapon than just add to the kill count with a "cheater" gun! :biggun:

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    No cheater gun, really. People always said AWP was a noob weapon in CS 1.6, but it was far to epic if you used it right, but you'd flat out fail if you sucked, it took skill.

People whom cry noob tube, or noob weapon, or any of that ilk, are the real noobs.

Listen, unless the weapon is somehow incredible OP and cheap, like infinite ammo, 100% accuracy, instant death, and auto-corrects it's course, then it's not. :p

Even with the 40MM, you had to angle it right to hit someone, and if you did it to close, it simply wouldn't explode. I rarely ever died by the 40MM launcher, but I killed tons with it.

You develop tactics, you see, for certain weapons. People seemingly want 100% balance or something. If we did that, every Team would have the same weapons, they'd all do the same damage, same accuracy, ect. Then it'd just kinda be boring.

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well i never played much of the previous titles so its all quite new...and i like it.

although i still prefer red orchestra2 just because i prefer the weapons used and some of the effects are pretty grisly.

not saying that bf3 isnt atmospheric but ro2 i think nips it for realism.

4. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Not a buy for me unless somehow the single player has a good campaign mode or something. Ran ok on my rig, had it on high settings and it was giving me a steady 40+ FPS. Nothing fantastic or new to the feel of it. Same FPS game as most other FPS games. I will pick it up in the bargin bin, if I even ever do.

5. Tequila

Tequila Master Guru

GPU:
    2xRTX3090 (nvLink)
    1) You evidently didn't play CS around the 1.4 1.5 era where an awp could be used to wipe out an entire team with next to no real effort for someone with skill (i.e. skill meaning they have basic hand-eye co-ordination) - hence it was nerf'ed

2) You say about skill and that lamer cheater weapons dont exist but your wrong. A 40mm cannon with explosive upgrade in BF BC2 which has a blast radious of 200ft (Yes.. I'm fibbing a bit here) that the assault class can sit near a box that continually fills up their ammo? Bull****.

3) If you thought COD was bad for scroll-firing, pick up a G17C Supressed - I can easily take down 7 people in a corridor with one clip . . .

I will get the game, but later, when it's more reasonably priced and patched.

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Good luck with that ;)

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    hehe. hey when are you and the gang (mods) joining up with the guru platoon?

8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    I haven't decided whether to buy it yet!

Skyrim, Rage, BF3, all released around the same time. Decisions, decisions...

Though it is payday today, so maybe...

9. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Nope. I didnt tried the beta. But i know that it will be like BC2 on 'roids. Since BC2 didnt get to me at all, i dun think i'd like it.

I think that i enjoyed way more playing against bots with Battlefield 2 than playing BC2 lol (the thing of not having a proper broadband when i was 14 hahaha)

So in my list is Rage and Skyrim sometime in the future unless BF3 gets really interesting after launch for some reason.

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I think the 4 player co-op experience for the campaign will be kinda worth it. I mean honestly, how many 4 player co-op games that allow you to play a story, does the PC Have? Not many, most PC CO-op games make you play kinda set missions or time trials or just endless waves of enemies, or like mini-games.

This should be exciting to play an honest story-driven co-op game...haven't seen one of those, in well, ever.

11. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Not impressed with the Beta so far, feels like a step back from BFBC2 in almost everyway IMO. And the whole browser/origin thing is pants.

Movement feels clunky, seems to be input lag no matter the FPS (and no vsync, duh). Prone sucks and I now know why they got rid of it in BFBC2. Tbh if they made BFBC2 with better graphics, bigger maps and more player slots I would have been over the moon, as it is they have messed with far too much. It feels far more console even though they said PC was lead platform.

I'm satisfied with RO2 for my MP FPS fix for now, I will probably get BF3 down the line but deffo not a release day buy. Looking forward to RAGE more if anything.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  12. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]

:biggun:

13. n0b0dy

n0b0dy Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6950 2GB
    Where is the option for " I dunno gotta play a map with vehicles first to make a final decision"....

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 ti 2075/7800
    I have some concerns. Mainly the web browser and how the game will run on a 64player map, but at the end of the day Battlefield offers what no other game can.
    If you enjoy large scale warfare multiplayer there's no other choice. CoD is just a fancy CS.

15. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Quite obvious you are not a true BF fan. BF3 is not a step back from BC2. Where did you come up with this nonsense? You obviously have a mouse issue. That or something is not working right in your config. That or your using wrong settings because the movments do not feel clunky. They are not set up right, right now because in this Beta they did not allow mouse key bindings. Why I have no clue. I guess they wanted to test just keyboard first.

As for RO2, great game! Now that they have patched all the serious issues up the game is a pleasure to play! My frames are amazing in the game as well. They got the VIOP working properly now so the game plays a million times better with mature players using voice.

16. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    im not impressed, i was expecting it to be similar to bc2 since its been shown in the videos to be similar. but it feels like bc2.5 and its not a bad thing. i really like bc2 but i was expecting much more from a true battlefiled. visually it doesnt look anybetter than bc2 atleast in dx10 mode i play at. and sounds are a copy paste from bc2 with the addition of a few nice bullet impacts effects.

im definitly going to buy this one. and enjoy it.
    i missed out on bc2 for a long time becuase i was too much into COD at that time but after the COD got boring i went into bc2 and couldnt beleive i wasnt playing it over COD. thistime around im all for BF3 and COD can stay at the store.

i dont like the web thing but hoping its not like that on final version.

17. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Well, I feel exactly like him and Im a big BF fan, This beta feels like a console game emulated, BC2 feels much more strong and balanced, its just missing prone and maybe those new movements for crossing obstacles but apart from that it feels that BF3 is a step closer to consoles than never before.

18. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I`m opting for the console version purely because of the origin bloatware. Origin could be the ship that sinks this game.

19. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    It is because Beta has no mouse key bindings. Also it is beta not final. I fail to see how it feels like a console. This is absurd...

20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    For me it finally feels like a battlefield game, bc2 felt like a arcade version and its movement and gun mechanics felt stiff and conquest didn't feel like the maps were suited to it.

Can't figure out why people compare it to bc2, so much more detail in this bc2 looks quite bland the destruction is awesome and everything feels much smoother.

64 conquest felt great on caspian borders, I got the same buzz I got from first playing bf2 on my little 6600gt lol, massive map so much to do and see with battles in the air ground and close infantry.