Pneumata new demo on UE 5.1 (horror game) FPS. Awesome game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnknownWonder, Sep 28, 2023.

1. UnknownWonder

UnknownWonder Member Guru

GPU:
    6950xt
    This game / demo is actually pretty good and it does run well for being on unreal engine 5.
    Its a horror game btw and this is a new demo in the sewer area.

Steam Page here to Pneumata

I recommend giving it a try.

90 FPS average with a 5800x3d, 6900xt, 32gb ram, nvme at High 1440p. That is great for ue5.

2. UnknownWonder

GPU:
    6950xt
    The only time I notice the fps dips is when you hit wood boards with a weapon or hit bugs and they explode.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What do you mean 5-8% on the 7900xt? Rdna3 is getting alot of boost lately. Its up to 26% faster than 6900xt.

4. UnknownWonder

GPU:
    6950xt
    My 6900xt is overclocked to stockish 6950xt performance wise, not high overclocked water cooling model 6950xt's.

I am giving pretty close rough numbers. My 6900xt is on par with 6950 xt's in real world gaming.

If you look below that 5-8% I show stock 6900xt at another (negative) - 5%. So if you do that math I have it pretty close which would be 10-18% faster.

Meaning I have it as a stock 7900xt is roughly 10-18% faster than a stock 6900xt. That is more than fair results.

I have never seen it 26%, if it was it was probably a 1 off game that had Hardware Ray Tracing I am just guessing.

On non ray tracing games I have seen it closer to 10% or 15% talking stock vs stock.

It's really not a huge bump in performance from a 6950xt to 7900xt. If it was 26% across the board with every single game, I would have already upgraded by now.

Which game are you talking about, I would like to see the results, I am just curious?

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Like you mentioned 7900xt is alot faster in currect gen games which include RT. That include UE4 and UE5 games like the Pneumata you posted here. Every adrenalin driver update is about rdna3 i would expect performance is improved and it is.

6. Conan The Barbarian

Conan The Barbarian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Ugh, this game needs a lot of work. Performance sucks and it doesn't even look that good.

7. Hulk12

Hulk12 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 :D
    But... no any hardware RT support... :confused:

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ofc they do don be silly.

9. UnknownWonder

GPU:
    6950xt
    lol, I thought it ran pretty good and looked pretty good.

It looks better than immortals of aveum.

It depends on your setup and settings.

What is your setup and what settings did you run it at?

10. UnknownWonder

GPU:
    6950xt
    It probably has Software based lumen like ray tracing. A lot of recent ue5 games don't have Hardware RT and use a Software lumen RT. The software based RT runs better on AMD gpus anyway, so I don't mind lol. I never use Hardware RT.

11. UnknownWonder

GPU:
    6950xt
    I like that dude and his videos, but I have seen times where his results were quite a bit off vs other channels like Hardware Unboxed.

I think what is happening, he doesn't list or show the exact specs of each GPU and he also doesn't show the graphics settings menu on each gpu before running each test. Some are Reference models that don't run as good, and some are aib partner gpus that have mild or heavy oc from the factory.

This can cause conflicting results and also confuse people over the internet.

If you look in the comments several people are saying the same thing about some of the results of the 6950xt and other gpus vs other channels results.

I've seen that video before as well and commented on this awhile back btw and commented again recently.

I noticed my "6950xt" gets within 5-8 fps of his 7900xt results on several of those games tested at 1440p ultra without RT. (even when that video was posted I compared)

I believe the 6950xt is probably a reference model and the 7900xt is an aib oc model. We have no way of knowing as he never lists each gpu specifically.

Reference models have lower clock speeds than aib partners that are almost always overclocked with many different levels. I wonder if some of the gpus are reference models and the 7900xt was a mild / heavily oc model. Drivers can matter too and also SAM ON / OFF if it accidentally got turned off on some models and was left on with others.

The 6950xt reference models don't run the greatest if you just plug them in, get the drivers and run them.
    The OC models on 6900xt / 6950xt can run 5-10% faster vs the reference versions. The water cooled versions can do more than 10% and you manually oc it more and push a lot more power to the gpu.
    The 7900 series can oc even more than the 6900 series if you know what you are doing too, so that is a plus for the 7900 series.

It's really easy to make mistakes when you are benchmarking numerous different gpus and games, especially when you have a full time job doing something else then come home to piddle with computers.

I always go to 3 sources when comparing. Just like if you buy something I always look at the price in 2 or 3 places. If you get in an accident to fix your car, always get 3 quotes from 3 different places lol. That's a good way to explain it.