1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Read: Faulty F5 BIOS Update For Ryzen Gigabyte X370 motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 4, 2017.

1. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    DECIDING
    So they made a mistake. Wow - do not buy gigabyte :D

Used them for yrs, no probs, but with skylake, 3 asus boards went on me, same as for ryzen, asus died on me then could not get a giga at the time. For the same price giga's b350 out shines asus crap!

So its what has let you down, that stays in mind :eek:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  2. Wasif Abbas

Wasif Abbas New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 8
    They have only updated x370 K7 and 5 bios updates replaced with the one on the 1st September the rest are the same as released on 18 august. Can anyone confirm if the rest of the motherboard bios are safe to update.

3. Hayachan

Hayachan Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx970 G1
    Used to have Gigabyte X58 ds3 with 2600k cpu,
    It was running like crap with an unknown issue for a year until switched to Asus made a hell lot of different in a better way, Never bought Gigabyte again eversince.

4. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    sometime voltage spikes is because of Turbo Boost + Load Line Calibration setting, turbo boost clocks needs higher voltages and LLC adds a little more, this could result in 1.5v even if stock settings uses 1.325-1.375v

grettings

5. tunaphish6

tunaphish6 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Just about every manufacturer will have their good boards and their bad. Just about every person will have their 'favorite' brand that usually ends up being the first good board that they bought, until they eventually get burned on a board and switch to a new favorite. Personally, Asus used to be a favorite until they got popular, and then I started noticing they started cutting corners on their boards, to the point where I could have sworn my ROG Gene V board was built by another manufacturer. For awhile, I switched to Gigabyte until their software support went to crap. MSI was always known for their graphics cards. And Asrock, for awhile, was considered low-end--now people can't stop ranting and raving about their Taichi, which I swear is just good viral marketing.

Bottomline, when buying a motherboard, you have to shop smart--you can't always just fall back on a go-to brand.

6. Frances

Frances Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti
    Sorry to nitpick but X58 is LGA1366 and the 2600k is LGA1155. I know because I still use one for my main rig. Perhaps it was a different CPU?