Please Please Support Asus 5870 V2 Voltage Unlock

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Plug2k, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    I know this card has a voltage chip and voltage monitoring chip
    give me any info you need and i can get the info back to you within minutes.

please i love this tool but unfortunately your latest beta version doesnt seem to unlock the voltage settings or montoring.

this is the card im talking about also this card has a much better powersupply and draw protection compaired to the reference designs.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

2. Bozmo

Bozmo New Member

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870 v2 1GB
    In 1.6, in profile/VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_03461043&REV_00&BUS_1&DEV_0&FN_0.cfg
    I added

[Settings]
    uP6208_Detection = 1

And now I can edit my volt for this card, only up from 1.1-1.3, cannot go beyond that. =/

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Things changed with 2.0.0. Considering that we support multiple VRM instances for triple-voltage control cards now, entry name for v2.0.0 and newer should be VDDC_uP6208_Detection instead of uP6208_Detection.

4. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    and how would someone go about adding those commands to the latest 2.0 beta 6 ? does that include hardware voltage monitoring aswell ?

5. Unwinder

by combining two previously given replies

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    [Settings]
    VDDC_uP6208_Detection=1

doesnt seem to work adding that to the : VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_03461043&REV_00&BUS_1&DEV _0&FN_0.cfg file

also adding it to the main : MSIafterburner.cfg file, unless im doing something wrong :arhhh lol

7. Bozmo

Bozmo New Member

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870 v2 1GB
    Yea.. that did not work for me as well.

Hope someone will look into it. I'm using 1.6 now.

8. Unwinder

Entry name is not the only thing changed in 2.0.0. Full format of hardware database VRM detection override entry is:

<VRM_Target>_<VRM_Name>_Detection = <VRM_I2C_Address_filter>

So for uP6208 controlling VDDC and residing at I2C address 46h it should look like:

VDDC_uP6208_Detection = 46h

9. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:

that command worked ;) ohh yeah :D
    if you could add those commands to the next build that would be great so we dont have to add these commands manualy again also the hardware monitoring GPU voltage had to be enabled manualy aswell lol :D

10. Unwinder

Sorry, but we won't add any non-reference non-MSI product entries to the hardware database. The database also includes safe limits independently for each product supported by Afterburner, and MSI takes many factors as PCB elements quality / cooling system quality and so on. It makes no sense for the company to do the same job and testing for competitor's hardware.
    So if you want to unlock it for unsupported hardware using the way described above - no problem, do it at your own risk and with minimum allowed voltage tweaking limits.

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    yeah thats what i was going to ask is there a command to unlock more voltage or even memory voltage with these v2 cards as they where released the same time as the matrix cards and they allow gpu and memory voltage adjustments.

though for now more voltage would be nice. only goes as high as 1.3v