Please help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DF-1, Aug 3, 2014.

1. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    edit:

I've been trying to mess around for 2 hours now, I uninstalled the driver in safe mode by Hardware Devices menu and driver sweeper. each time I do the PC boots fine in non-safe mode. But once I install any driver (I tried a few) it just does the same thing again. I'm completely stuck and I have no idea what to do at this point. Please help

-----------
    Hi guys, I have a problem.

to make a long story short, I installed NVidias new driver and it does NOT like my system.

I went to safe mode (which worked 100%) uninstalled the driver, re-booted up 100% fine.

but when it booted up it installed the latest NVidia driver again which is the problem, it wanted to restart so I let it and the problem came back.

what can I do? My PC is completely unusable.

it gets to the windows password login screen, I enter my pw, then just gives me a full screen of a random color and I have to force power it down w/ the button.

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Can you be a little more specific? What problems are you experiencing?

3. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX
    Well for one thing you have a 580 so I'd highly recommenced using an older Nvidia driver. I had serious issues with my 560ti and anything past the 322.xx drivers.

4. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    Typing from a phone sadly. The problem I have is I boot up my pc. It gets to windows log in just fine (I have a password). After I enter the password things go bad. I just get a full screen of a random color. Like black or blue and nothing is really responding.

I haven't updated my specs. This is with a GTX 780 galaxy

5. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    IMHO the last couple or so drivers have been crap - I've seen a slight performance hit and my 4K monitor gets syncing issues playing Crysis (yes I still play it!).

I think you should go for 335.23 as they were the best for me.

6. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    I mean, nothing is working. I've tried things as back as 320 driver release. even the one I had installed, that was working perfectly fine for 2+ months is now just not working at all.

any driver that is Nvidia is not working. windows 7 launch drivers are okay, and Generic display driver works, but no NVidia drivers.

-----------------------

Here's a video of what's happening.
    http://youtu.be/H2euq45XLxo

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  7. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    Alright, so I had a spare hard drive that i formatted and installed win7 on.

I installed the 337.88 driver and played serious sam 3 BFE, so everything seems to be OK hardware wise.

I guess something is screwed up on my main hard drive/ssd then? I have over 3TB of stuff on there... I really don't want to wipe everything off and start from scratch but I don't know what to do. I rather fix it.

Any help would be immensley appreciated

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    If its windows8 you can try refresh without losing any personal data in mydocuments folder.