Taskbar is gone windows 11

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Karzeh, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Karzeh

Karzeh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB
    Hello Guru3d The Great and Professional Admins and Members
    First of all excuse me if this is wrong section to ask for help but im new here and I do not usually register on sites in general so please i hope you just understand my situation and my language :oops: Because I also can't speak English fluently .. ♥

Yesterday I noticed that some programs and services on my laptop are using my Gtx 1650 illogically !! and they caused overheating cpu and gpu plus both throttle so i decided to use a program called ThrottleStop it helped me with some games like Dota2 become very smooth and high fps
    but other games like Call of duty warzone become worst than ever too much lag and fps drops its literally unplayable . but this is not what im asking help for let us back to my problem
    the Services that used my integrated card are :

dax api.exe its connected with my sound card (dolby or Realtek not sure but i did remove both)

startmenuexperiencehost.exe (this is my problem) I didn't know it was related to the taskbar until i did remove it too :S

minisearchhost.exe nothing wrong "for now" when i did remove this one

Widgets.exe

Game DVR and broadcast (im Not sure how to literally write the last 2 services but they are connected with xbox services and i felt my laptop is breathing again especially after these)

i tried to install Open Shell but still cant use the taskbar fully look how is it look

image_2021-10-19_201208.png

cant see any opened tap on the taskbar such as my browser or explorer or clock and date or battery icon , and right click on taskbar also is not working
    and the windows 10 context menu is back again ( i think its a good thing :D)
    but i need my taskbar work again :( i tried to use troubleshoot and windows update but it did not help maybe because i did remove the whole folders of Services that i mentioned after i gave myself access to full control of C:\Windows\SystemApps then i started my stupid idea even after my laptop become much faster and snappier i cant live without the taskbar so please help i dont want to reinstall my windows 11 or use recovery from iso i have so many settings that i cant remember how i done them so please help me i know that u can guru3d ♥

2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Have you tried using System Restore?

or use powershell with this command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Karzeh likes this.
  3. Karzeh

Karzeh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB
    i appreciate your reply sir

check this out please ♥
    Untitled.png
    nothing changed :(

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Try uninstalling OpenShell.

Karzeh likes this.

5. Karzeh

Karzeh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB
    thanks again for your time sir
    i did try to uninstall open shell but no still nothing cant access anything at the taskbar instead of the icons on the right nvidia and some other personal programs 242253190_228624535907537_4729617268941155362_n.jpg

but i did try to make a new local account and taskbar as u can see is back and everything is work but startmenu "windows logo" and search box are not working :(

22222.jpg
    33333.jpg

is there anyway to copy this taskbar to my old local account ? i dont want to stay in the new account please :(
    if yes it can be please tell me how maybe after that reinstalling open shell will do the job

6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Open Task Manager, then the Process tab.
    Kill explorer.exe

then click on Run and type explorer.exe

Karzeh likes this.
  7. Karzeh

Karzeh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB
    once more thank you again for reply Sir
    i hope we can fix that :(

i tired to kill explorer.exe in the both account
    the first "old" account after doing that on some of my programs like nvidia are gone from taskbar and look at my opera GX shortcut it become like this weird ! but the the browser is working anyway still the same problem cant use taskbar
    41.jpg

then i did it again on the new local account tried to kill explorer.exe and run it with admin privilege but look what showed up again !!!!
    another new weird services i havent start any of them are using my gpu :( look :
    42.jpg

so i did sign out and i did turned off the new local account and went back again to the main local account check this out :(
    41-2.jpg

another weird services are using the gpu.(cortana.exe and egde browser are deleted and disabled on this account how is that even possible to auto start again!! time.exe is not exist as u can see there is no time or date on the taskbar )
    sir please help me i have no one that i can ask for help and i dont trust other sites,
    guru3d fixed my all old laptops problems so i hope this one will be fixed too :(

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Those services are from edge browser, Cortana (search service) and nVidia services.

Karzeh likes this.
  9. Karzeh

Karzeh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB
    yea i know sir but as i said (cortana.exe and egde browser are deleted and disabled on this account how is that even possible to auto start again!! time.exe is not exist as u can see there is no time or date on the taskbar ) i dont know about the rest

10. Karzeh

Karzeh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB
    but the question is why do they are using the gpu !

11. Karzeh

Karzeh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB
    if is it normal using the gpu by these services then why the nvidia gpu why not the intel uhd gpu ?

the windows is 11 insider official and i ruined it i know :(

12. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Looking at that picture of task manager, Edge and Cortana are installed and running.
    They are probably using the GPU to accelerate the UI. To do transparencies, transitions effects, etc.

Karzeh likes this.
  13. Karzeh

Karzeh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB
    This is a reasonable thx good to know
    but what about my taskbar ?
    do you have any other ideas plz sir i just want it too look like the second local new account
    its ok with me if the startmenu will not work i can replace it with openshell menu
    but i need the clock and settings and the icons of the apps to appears on taskbar while im using them i hope u can understand me "(

14. Karzeh

Karzeh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB
    i did run sfc /scannow and everything back to normal again but as you can see sir services are using the gpu again
    and i think that is the other services like gamebar presence writer and the rest services that i mentioned before will use the gpu again soon as i start a game or something related with the services so the performance of my gpu will be less again :(

thanks for help anyway i think u can archive the post now

Guru3d is the best ♥

Attached Files:

15. Karzeh

Karzeh Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 4GB