Please help me upgrade on my next PC build!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by GenerationGXX, Aug 12, 2007.

1. GenerationGXX

GenerationGXX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    Look at my current PC build
    <-
    ....wow, that is one crappy hardware :(

so I decided to prepare to get my new computer parts and list down on things I need most :)

CPU: Q6600 G-0 steppings (HOPEFULLY)

GPU: 8800GTS or GTX depending on price i get on the day i buy them (Should I Wait for 9800GTX since its comming end of this year?

Mobo: A P35 motherboard please help me choose a good reliable P35 motherboard at www.ncix.com because its a realy hard choice X_X

RAM: I am not sure which pair of rams I need to get to get one of the best performance, I guess 2gb of ram should work fine, but im not sure which one :(
    6400? not sure, but its gotta be a fast one so please help me choose at
    www.ncix.com !!

PSU: Do I really need a new powersupply? I am not sure but if it is needed then I guess i can get a new one!

Well thats basically it, please help me improve this list with your professional knowledge of hardware :)

thanks!

2. Pat the Cat

Pat the Cat Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 6800 Ultra 425/1120
    Not much to add really - you've done pretty much all the work.

As for memory - choose from the following according to your pocket. Doubtful you'll be able to detect the difference without a benchmark.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=105

Be aware that PC2-6400 isn't the fastest possible BUT you had best check mobo compatability. (Same as fitting any sort of memory first - see what the mobo manufacturer recommends/slates).

Your PSU should be fine. I can't guarantee this but in theory your new rig should use a little less juice than the old one.