Please help me overclock

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Eggs N Eggs, Sep 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Leave this idiot alone. He may have tried to "prove" my knowledge is far inferior than his, but he's just trolling about the forum.
    And yes, he's not contributing to the cause.

BTW I have 16 years on the subjet and I don't bragg about.

2. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    "This forum gets far too prejudiced sometimes when considering PSUs.

There are many companies that make PSUs that are at least adequate, and of those a good percentage are actually good.

Not all good PSUs are made by Seasonic or CWT or Delta (the major suppliers of Antec and Corsair and XFX).

Superflower is a PSU maker that is COMPETING with Seasonic in quality, for instance. They should be past the trial stage now... they have been making good PSUs for well over a year, but don't have a big presence in the US. That's just one example. There are other good manufacturers like ATNG or Enhance. Even Sirfa who supplies OCZ and others.

I just wanted to bring up Rosewill today. They have been selling some good PSUs for a couple years, along with some poor ones. However, the quality of their PSUs have been improving constantly.

I'm just going to point to 3 reviews here:

Rosewill Green Series 630 W (RG630-S12) Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/881
    "Golden Award" Gabe can be a bit generous sometimes but this is a great PSU for the price. If this unit is good all the lower wattage versions are fine as well. The 700W version I am not sure of, and don't normally recommend it.

Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B @jonnyguru
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=60 [...]
    The 750W version is good, but note the 850W version is only adequate.

Rosewill Lightning 1300W @ jonnyguru
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=258 [...]
    A great new Super Flower unit that is just a bit expensive, but has pretty lights

I'm just getting tired of explaining myself every time I recommend a Rosewill PSU. Are all Rosewill PSUs good? Probably not, although I have heard educated opinions that even the "Stallion" or RV series are adequate if not pushed too hard."

It gets to my nerves when some ******* comes trying to shove up their "knowledge" while proving nothing but also being so square minded that they cannot accept the don't know it all. I have refuted computer engineers on many subjects and proved myself right. University Titles are not always everything. I also study hardware, I read reviews and test it @ home and I think what I'm going to say before I actually say it. And when I'm wrong, I accept it, embrace it, and move forward.

Now, STFU. Or contribute to the OP's cause. A good "technician" knows how to express himself before different kinds of clients.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Wrong.

The OEM is the company that originally made the PSU, that's why they are called Original Equipment Manufacturer.
    Example; AcBel is OEM for many high end Cooler Master units.

Wrong again.

Rosewill used to be crap, however in recent years they have switched manufacturers and their quality has improved. Maybe you should do some homework.
    I find that very hard to believe....

4. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    :) thanks for the support Pill Monster xD

Oh, and BTW, the OP is looking to assemble a budget build, which means there will be small power consuption and heat. Any relatively good PSU will suffice for that setup I showed him.

5. Area 51

Area 51 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 580 /SLI
    Clowns

Nice load of long winded spew from you both and you continue to show just how ignorant you are.If you think Rosewill is good then buy it, that leaves alot better PSU's for the rest of us.I can tell from what you are both running that your real brain surgeons .

"Rosewill used to be crap, however in recent years they have switched manufacturers and their quality has improved. Maybe you should do some homework."

They;re quality has improved from crap to shiney crap enough too fool you go to HardOCP and check out some real PSU's before you go advising other to buy what you think is improved.

"I research hardware on a daily basis and have for 20 years as an electronic and A+ systems tech .
    I find that very hard to believe....

Again you show your ignorance and I could care less as to what you believe ,its obvious your a moron you believe Rosewill makes quality PSU's.

"It gets to my nerves when some ******* comes trying to shove up their "knowledge" while proving nothing but also being so square minded that they cannot accept the don't know it all. I have refuted computer engineers on many subjects and proved myself right. University Titles are not always everything. I also study hardware, I read reviews and test it @ home and I think what I'm going to say before I actually say it. And when I'm wrong, I accept it, embrace it, and move forward."

Now, STFU. Or contribute to the OP's cause. A good "technician" knows how to express himself before different kinds of clients.

As for you dimwit your the one who started mouthing it up:wanker: not me, its obvious your threatened by anyone elses opinion but your own,you better keep studying hardware cause you have no clue.So its you who should STFU moron before recommending crap to someone who doesnt know squat, like yourself .You wanna think your smart and buy crap thats fine but dont recommend it to others fool.There I expressed myself,so its nice too see you can tell when your wrong ,now embrace it and move forward DUDE:infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity:

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    wow this thread got trolled hard. Props!

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Any more of that attitude and I'll be recommending you take a nice holiday from the forum.

And nowhere did I say Rosewill are quality PSU's - I said their quality has improved...big difference.

Btw there's nothing wrong with my hardware...I only use quality components thank you very much.

8. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Well, I just went to search for Rosewill PSU tests on HardOCP. They only tested one Rosewill PSU. Test was made on Monday , February 16, 2009. And they tested only an entry-level 500w PSU.
    So... whats new and usefull in this? Can you draw any conclusion from One test on one entry level PSU made 3 years ago? We just told you they are selling better products now.

I believe HardOCP is no measuring point, you need to go to other hardware testing websites too, you know? Diversity, points of view... they seem to be phrases inexistent in your dictionary.

BTW, nobody said Rosewill made great quality PSUs, I just said that for the price, and his current needs and money to spend, it was perfectly suitable.

Also, and something none here was contemplating, is that the OP is a 15 yr old boy that has no job and is trying to get the best bang for his buck, even if that means getting a mediocre PSU so he can get a few more FPS in a game by putting that wasted money on a better GPU. So any USD that can be saved is appreciated. Not everyone has access to "top quality hardware" and that something you'd know if you lived outside that bubble you call brain.

Oh, and I don't feel threatened nor by knowledge not by your PSU chart, neither by you. I absorb all the knowledge I can because knowledge is power. I was just saying that you shouldn't pop on a non-computer savvy a chart full of PSU brands and OEMs without any further explanation, pretending a clear understanding of your point.

You should know that though I may get angry it is not because of your constant provoking and square-mindedness, but because there's so many stupid people in the world that we are destined to fail and become extinct as a race of this planet. And you just reminded me that.

So yes, I'm sorry for the insults, I'm not an impolite person. But I must remark I don't regret saying them.

9. Eggs N Eggs

Eggs N Eggs Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6450 2GBDDR3
    All your post are belong to us. +1

10. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Hehehee ^^

[​IMG]