Please help me find a resolve to this problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ..VeNoM.., Jan 3, 2011.

1. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Hi peeps, My first post here but have visited a lot over the years. I have problems with my GTX 260's, I have 2 of them from XFX and they are both 216 core black editions. However, one of the cards is the 666mhz version (older chip size?) and the newer one is 680mhz (smaller chip size?).

My first problem is when playing Bad Company 2 or Medal of Honor online I get a lot of screen flickering. If i enable vsync the whole screen flickers and not just a line of flicker you would get with vsync off.

My next problem is with MechWarrior Living Legends. The big problem I have is when entering the hanger areas I get a lot of what looks like shadows flickers in the mech bay areas. Also distant mountains seem to flicker too. I have tried this game in both DX10 and DX9 which results in the same issue.

If I remember correctly when playing MWLL back when driver version 191 was out I had no issues. However I rolled back the drivers to 191 and tried playing Medal of honor but the game was very jumpy and didnt have any SLI profile so I removed 191 and currently use the latest 260.99 driver.

Also I tend to get a lot of driver crashes. I get the message of something like.. Your display display driver had stopped responding but has been recovered. This happens often.

Please help :bang:

I'm sorry if I have not provided enough info but please feel free to ask for anything I have missed out here.

Regards,

Todd

2. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Try using Rivatuner to up the speed of the slower card to that of the faster one

It should clock the faster one down in SLI reality afaik ... but maybe that is causing the flickering

I would tune them up to be running at the same speed / voltage

(Not sure if MSI Afterburner works for nVidia cards, but might be easier than Rivatuner)

3. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    I have used EVGA Precision to set the clocks. I have set them at the lowest of the both cards and also tried them at the highest of the both cards. Both resulted in the same issue's. I have since put the settings back to default.

I have been in touch with XFX support but I am still waiting for a response.

I am hoping it is as simple as a driver fault and that i'm not the only experiencing these issues.

Thanks.

4. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Do you get the same problem with only 1 card ?

Try them individually and see which one is causing the problems, if none, it could just be SLI / Driver

5. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    try turning your AA down to 4x and default multisampling

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Put your cards on stock and put everything in the game down to low setting just to see if it works....

Did you uninstall/install your driver correctly using drive sweeper?

7. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Thanks guys for your help... I am little busy stress testing at the moment but I will try the cards seperatly and also try reducing the clock speeds... anyone got the defaults for GTX 260 - 216 Core? I would google it myself but I guess I'm too lazy ;)

8. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    The reference clock for the card is 576 MHz,
    The shader domain clock for the card is 1242 MHz,
    The memory clock for the card is 999 MHz (x2 effective)

9. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Just tried both GPU's seperate and in MWLL I was not getting the flickering problem which was experienced in SLI. I will now try the cards back in SLI but reduce the clocks to standard and report back.

10. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    reduced settings to default whilst in SLI and tested. Still the same flickering as before. The game runs really nice with 1 GPU but I want to run SLI. I'll have a look at the settings for my GPU's in the control panel, right now it's set to default values.

11. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Further update. I have changed the graphic settings in MWLL and it appears to be related to the shader setting. Anything higher than 'Low' setting for shaders results in the graphic flickers. All other settings are on High (DX9 max).

What could cause shader issues in SLI only and not in single GPU mode?

12. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Poor SLI driver support

No Profiles installed for that game (Not sure what they are called for nVidia, for ATI they are the CAPs (Catalyst Application Profiles)

Least you now know its not the cards

You tried another SLI cable ?

13. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    I have 2 SLI bridges.. I have tried both with the same results :'(

I have changed settings in nvidia control panel with no luck. What rendering mode should i use? I have set on nvidia recommended.