1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help a newb Softmod BFG6800GT to Quadro 4000...

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by loafer87gt, Mar 13, 2005.

1. loafer87gt

loafer87gt Member

Hey guys, great forum you got here! As of yesterday I am now the proud owner of a BFG6800GT AGP video card. Previously I was running an Softmodded 9800Pro => X2 FireGL and I am now finding running 3DSMAX using the default Nvidia OpenGL driver very slow. I was hoping you guys could help me out with a few questions before I make the plunge.

First off, what is the latest driver that the SoftQuadro patchscript works on? Being new to Nvidia, I am not sure if they have a seperate Forceware driver for their Quadro cards or if they use the same driver set as the regular GeForce cards. Currently I am running the WHQL 71.84 drivers.

Secondly, does running the softmod patch script let you install the Nvidia Maxtreme 3DSMax driver? Is this available on Nvidia's website?

Lastly, could someone direct me to a post that contains an idiot proof step by step guide to the patching procedure? I am sure there is already one posted here in the forum, but for the life of me I have been unable to find it.

Thanks in advance! Keep up the good work Unwinder!

2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    I refuse to help you since if you are too blind/lazy to read the stickies and the oh so obvious threads with names like "How to make a 6800 > Quadro 4000fx", you will be too blind/lazy to read my post anyway...:p

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  3. loafer87gt

loafer87gt Member

OK, I'm a little more clear now on the process. What I was finding confusing was that I thought that Rivatuner was an actual driverset ala the SoftFireGL drivers. As such, I was confused as to which driver set it was based on. After reading through some further posts though, I now realize that it is a patcher for drivers and the 71.84 I am using do appear to be supported. From digging around Nvidia site is does also appear that the QUadro cards use the same Forceware drivers as the plain jane GF cards.

One thing I am still unable to find, however, is a Max7 compatible version of MaxTreme. Does anyone know if this is still a work in progress, or do I dare try and install the Max6 display driver for Max 7?

Also, is necessary step to enable the NV workstation app tab in the control panel, or is this automatically enabled when the softpatch is done?

4. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You can freely use the Maxtreme for Max6 with Max7. It apeears to work fine.

5. loafer87gt

loafer87gt Member

Thanks Alec - Me and my seeing eye dog appreciate your reply :)

6. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Glad to see your eyesight is back to normal... :thumbup: :p