Playstation 4 Neo Arrives End September

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 13, 2016.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Guys y'all do realize that the xbox one thumbsticks fir the ds4 perfect.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The sticks themselves haven't bothered me much but I don't like the quality of the coating and buttons on the controller. The plastic used throughout feels very cheap compared to the 360 or One controller. While playing, the left trigger becomes clicky, it my understanding that it is not uncommon. The touchpad is barely every used and the battery is awful. I rarely turn on the ps4 now in part because of the controller. If it were possible to use my xb1 controller on it, I would in a heartbeat.

3. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB
    Maybe I'm wrong but now I just see a system that can handle 1080p@60hz better.

4. Maxxron

Maxxron Member

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970 Golden
    Hopefully this also allows for 1080p in Remote Play.

5. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    If the devs dont patch the game to take advantage of the new hardware then yes.

6. DavidGX

DavidGX Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Fury X
    I'm going to be so disappointed in the gaming community if this thing sells well...

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Additionally, beginning in October, every PS4 game will be required to ship with a “Base Mode” for the original PS4 and a “NEO Mode” for the new model. Furthermore, games launched in late September will require a day one patch to add a NEO Mode, NEO-ready games can launch before the system itself is available, and previous released titles can be upgraded via a patch with NEO features. Despite the October requirement for games, Sony didn’t mention a release window for NEO in their documents.

By running PS4 games in NEO Mode, developers will be able to use the extra memory and hardware upgrades to offer higher and more stable frame-rates, improved graphics fidelity, and additional graphics features when players are using a 1080p TV. Sony writes in their documents that games in NEO Mode must meet or exceed the frame-rate of the game on the original PS4 model.

As previously reported, the NEO and original PS4 will exist alongside each other, and both systems will use the same PlayStation Store, connect to the same online communities, and offer the same user experience. On top of this, there will be no NEO-exclusive games, Sony won’t allow developers to separate players based on the model, and both models must support the same peripherals.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  8. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Can't wait for E3!

9. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    they should totally have upgradable gpus and cpus and memory...and...wait a second...

10. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    More like the original PS4 is an iPhone 6 and the PS4 Neo is the iPhone 6S.

11. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

New console will be pretty nice. I want the ds4 upgraded as well. The controller is perfect and better then xbone's this generation just need say an elite build quality.

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Could it be that i´m the only feeling really stupid for buying a PS4 recently only to ear a month later that they are going to release a more powerfull version of it?

I can´t shake the feeling i´ve been raped silly by Sony...

13. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    There were already rumors of a hardware refresh several months back. :/

14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    If there is no some sort of "upgrade program", like a big discount for PS4 owners in exchange of their old console when buying a Neo an important part of customer base will be very upset.

Same in the MS side...their "upgraded" Xbox One (and a half) is also coming.

i hope this is the start of the end of consoles: no more exclusives in One, all first party are coming to PC and 3rd party are already multi and no more long live cycle (+5 years).

Very little amount of exclusives in PS4 and paid net connection on both that is a bad joke for the service they provide.

It's time for PC gamers to be free of console limitations in gaming ports.

PS: Not a PC master race fanboy here: I own a PS4, a Xbox 360, a PS3 and a whole collection of prehistoric gaming devices. :D

15. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Why are so many people but hurt over this it's the same thing as buying a gpu and having a new one out in a few months. And I very much doubt this is even going to cost the same as the old one so u still saved money over buying the neo.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Because console gamers are used to have +5 years of closed hardware ecosystem.

That was one of the main advantages of consoles: no need to upgrade each 2 years like phones or GPUs in PCs.

That gave them a low hardware ownership cost across 5 years.

This low hardware ownership cost is broke with a 2 years cycle and the paid internet gaming (paid twice: one for the console maker, one for ISP).

Put on top of that the loss of exclusives games and the still very high games cost compared to PC (no Steam there...) and you get a nice coffin for consoles.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    sammarbella pointed it out. Consoles are a "safe haven" away from PC upgrades. I still hear "PC gamers have to upgrade hardware every 6 months to stay relevant". That's one of the reasons they are so popular.

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I wonder how much people will keep paying for the couch plug-and-play convenience.

19. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    The CPU will be 14nm. Will they really use the same old Jaguar design?

Hoping for ZEN+POLARIS.

20. qqryq

qqryq Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGeForceGTX970 OC