Play Crysis DX10 Very High with AntiAliasing 16xQ !!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bakalu, Jan 29, 2008.

1. bakalu

bakalu Active Member

System :

Mainboard Asus Strike II Chipset nVIDIA 780i SLI.
    Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4GHz (400MHz*10).
    Ram 2x1GB Corsair.
    3x Zotac 8800GTX 3-Way SLI.
    PSU Cooler Master 1250W.
    Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit
    Dell 19" Wide

Benchmark at resolution 1280*1024 4AA

[​IMG]

Play at resolution 1440*900 4AA + Pinto - Ultra High Quality Custom Config V1.3 Final

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Benchmark at resolution 1280*1024 AA 16xQ

[​IMG]

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Even triple SLI can't handle the game, it's funny how buggy and ****ty is crysis anyone that bought PC for that game is idiot.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    With saying that it is a future generation game. This argument has been discussed many time but I am pissed off at how they said it would run on a single 7800gtx at high settings.

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    lol??

looks like its handling the game pretty well to me.....

5. USFORCES

USFORCES Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780 SLI @ 2560x1600
    Nice setup, it's to bad that Crysis takes a crap on that system, You think a system like that you would be getting 60FPS at 1680x1050.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  6. Ourasi

Ourasi Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Anyone who thinks 25fps is "handling the game" or "smooth" needs to put a lid on it.
    3xGTX/Ultra and still this game runs like crap, rubbish..

7. Tomtomz

Tomtomz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 260 216 729/1458/1250
    It doesn't "run like crap." With 4xAA, the average FPS is 33, which is respectable considering Crysis's streaming textures system makes even that seem smooth.

Plus, that was with 3 GTX's. With 3 Ultras, 16xQ should be on the north side of 30 fps.

8. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Then you need to play the game to realise 30 fps is smooth!!!

And playing with 16 x aa is just stupid anyway.

9. bakalu

bakalu Active Member

Sorry my english. You right, i can play Crysis with 4AA 1440*900 smooth. I think, i can play Crysis at resolution 1920*1200 noAA, but i don't have 28" monitor.

10. Ourasi

Ourasi Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Played it, and no, 30fps sux. No matter what crap they add to hide the low fps, it still sux. I'm happy for you if 30fps is something you think is smooth, but I don't, it sux hairy balls with cravy on top...
    If you look at first run, he gets 33fps@1280x1024 4xAA, god that is horrible, Crysis might look fine picture by pickture, but I won't play it picture by picture. Crysis sux, period...

11. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Man the foliage looks crap. Like someone did it with the spray can on paint. I never noticed it till now. And now I can't stop noticing it. :(

12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    I bet that in heavy action the system failes to reproduce 25FPS, i'm sorry but paying for 3 best card in row paired with lot of proccessing power and memory it's hell lot of money and u even don't get 1\10 of it's power, shame shame if u call 25-30FPS smooth for that setup you must living under rock, i want to see at least 1600^1200 with 8XAA+32\16XAF on highest settings 60-80FPS solid with no slowdown, cause u pay that amount of money, peh my X1950GT is great card for me no need ever to buy the best X3, that's pure money waste with no profit.

13. Thiefyo

Thiefyo Member

GPU:
    Gigabye Gtx 760 2G OC
    ffs i got a e6750 3Gigz asus 8800gts 512 & i can play crysis on very high offcourse vista aa4x af16x at 25/35fps so why 3 or 2 8800gtx for 33 fps wtf? fffs.. waste of money

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    I agree with most here, thats absolutely terrible, in fact i would say that 3 cards is bringing 0 benefit over 2. Also i get 33FPS in XP with the very high @ 1280x1024, no AA with the .cfg thats going around and its absolutely horrible. Even playing Bioshock on my old 7800GTX with 30 FPS feels better than Crysis at 33FPS, theres just some horrible feeling of movement

For me the game is ruined due to low FPS and even sticking everything on medium it only gets 44FPS and looks utter trash

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Second that and adding that that game does not worth any upgrade, mediocre game at best so i feel really sorry about all people that bought hardware for it.

16. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    It really does make me wimper that 3 of the worlds best GFX cards, are still brought to thier knees on this game.

Even with all the CPU/GPU power it still runs like sh!t, i have the game and i play all v.high except shaders @ 1440x900 and i get 23~40FPS all the time.
    So it makes me think that 3GTX's are just not being used. nV really should take the time out to think about how the drivers for tri SLi work coz at the mo they seem to be a total joke.

Oh and as for it running on a 7800GTX on high that is true you can do that, all be it at 1024x768 or 800x600 but it does play.

And yeah the game is a joke, and ruined by low FPS. . .im glad ive had some use out of my GTX, and i didnt just buy it 4 crysis like so many people did :(

17. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    You couldnt direct me to this modded .cfg im curious if it does actually make a diff?

18. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    30 fps is acceptable, not smooth. Go buy a dictionary dude.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    That's why they put option to lower quality settings... Is it so wrong to release a game that has graphics options for future cards? Many scene in that game has over 2000000 polygons. I bet that other games don't come even close to that.

20. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Sorry, dont have it here on my work PC, it makes a huge difference as its the Vista Very High setting on XP and running in DX9, the only difference i could see between them after using the DX10 cfg file on XP was that the volumetric clouds and smoke has the usual DX9 chunks in it( hard to explain, but in DX9 on any game with smoke you can see the polygons of the smoke if it interacts with any other polygons )

You should be able to get it working from here http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_13.html

Its definately not worth an upgrade in any shape or form, i just got my 8800GT just before Crysis, but it was mainly to play Unreal 3 engine games at high settings and hope it might be ok'ish in Crysis.

Crysis isint a bad game, i just think its completely ruined by visuals that serve no purpose whatsoever, i mean all the different shapes of trees is fine, having dynamic shadows for all the trees and leaves is fine if the damn thing ran at 40FPS at least on the highest end card. Any game looks absolute crap on 1280x1024 on a native 1680x1050 screen, but it looks super crap if you cant enable AA and get consistent FPS and the max FPS being low and the min FPS being low
    There are some really cool bits in Crysis ( like going through it without using hardly any weapons and just using the suit ), but with all the bugs and the last 1/3 or the game being total pants it ruins the experience. I think the suit is underused and totally unbalanced, theres no feeling of being vulnerable when youre hiding when invisible( not like hiding in MGS or Splinter Cell ) and the story is total trash, even the nigh on non-existent story from Predator is better, and it rips a lot from that movie( one of my all time fav movies btw, so not slagging Predator ).
    The Physics is completely underused too, when i went through the game i didnt use it once( i.e. i didnt try and topple huts to kill the guys inside )

Im sure it will come into its own in a few years, but ( and i know its not a sandbox ) CoD4 for me looks a million times better, the normal mapping on walls combined with the shadows and light streaming across walls and objects just looks stunning, and i can run it at 1920x1080 with all settings maxed and get 50-60FPS with vsynch on( 60FPS mostly )

Crytek tried to do too much, who cares if a rig can run it no problem maxed out in 2 years time, will anyone actually play it then?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008