Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Chillin, Oct 5, 2012.

1. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    They haven't banned me yet. Betcha $10 they never will. Especially after they linked to my screenshots on twitter.

2. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Meh. I fail to see why using SweetFX would even be worth the risk. The game looks good enough as is.

3. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Well it didn't cost me any money. NO risk. I don't think the game is THAT great anyway so it's actually not worth it to me to play without it :) I just hop on from time to time when I don't feel the urge to play anything else.

Other people might be more concerned with their accounts. To them, I'd probably not recommend using it :)

4. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    SoE will not say to everyone "hey guys, use any injector you want!"
    They will take a side with majority of forum users and say "ohhhh nooo, it is soooo NOT allowed. You see that guy over there in that corner - he got killed by a guy using SweetFX and now he is crying. So no, no SweetFX because he will cancel his sub..."

notice how DICE managed this problem, users loved it so DICE loved it as well.
    SoE solution - users complain so they forbid it.

Anyway, back to game with my cheat turned on.
    :banana:My Green in Greener Than Yours. It Makes My Bullets Better :banana:

5. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Greens greener. Nights... nightier. Contrast contrastier :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    I can do the same thing by tweaking my driver brightness/contrast/vibrance right in nvcp. Only difference is the change in settings don't show in screenshots. Whee...

7. Spin

Spin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2gb
    I'm bummed. I was really starting to get into PS2 but last night I ran into a couple of players who seemed like they were without a doubt aimbotting. After a few encounters with these players, I decided to google the state of cheating in PS2 and I was dismayed to see endless lists of hacks and hack videos.

The last competitive FPS I played was APB:Reloaded and it was completely overrun with this garbage. I really am not willing to deal with cheating in an FPS anymore.

Anyone else noticing a lot of bots in PS2 or is it just me and my server/timezone/faction? (Helios, usually in the wee hours 3am or so/Republic).

8. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    It's normal i guess which is a bad thing but nevertheless i really love that game, yesterday @ Mani Bio lab a whole Platoon was killed by a single level 1 infiltrator with unlimited ammo and stealth + god mode, man that was depressing even when all of us reported that guy he still farmed us. I guess at least 50% are hackers in some way i see very much people using the MAX exploit which is bit frustrating but i then just grab the heavy and noobtube them out of there hiding spot, base whatever :banana:

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    That's the big problem with free 2 play games, cheaters over run them I also saw that happen in APB and many other free games. Hardware bans are a must imo and they must act quick.

10. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570

Bro-tip:

Use the chat slash command /report playername to report a player for suspicious activity. Game masters will then investigate the player.

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Slash_Commands#Other

11. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Tweaking your color settings in the control panel gives you added sharpness, bloom, HDR and SMAA? There a.... tutorial video on that somewhere?

12. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    HDR is not something you can add as a post process, fyi.

13. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    There's Gamemasters on each server usually, report the guy and they'll take a look.

14. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Narcissistic much? I never said anything about sharpness, bloom, or pseudo-hdr.

NVCP FXAA works just fine with me, especially with downsampling. Plus my monitor has a sharpness setting. Do your homework, research the components you buy, and you'll be plenty happy without having to use third party injectors that'll get you banned.

15. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    instead of downsampling you could change the Renderquality in the Userconfig.ini too from 1.000000 up to 99999.000000 great for users who can't downsample that easy

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=1.400000
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

16. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Indeed. SoE really should give us the option to increase the render quality passed 100% in game. Honestly though, I'd still prefer downsampling, especially if they gave us the ability to scale the UI. While increasing the render quality does help sharpness and decreases aliasing, FXAA still only renders at the displayed resolution rather than the downsampled resolution.

17. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    i get your point, but i can't really downsample, actually i can but then text has this sort of ghosting which annoys me pretty much :puke2: and the renderquality thing works, i'm happy with 1.4 if i go higher my fps on my 680 drops like a stone, guess due to the fact the 680 is heavy memory bandwidth limited.

18. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    What kind of frame rates are you seeing with 1.4? Regardless if I'm at 1.5 render quality or 2880x1620 (150% increase from 1920x1080), I'm getting between 40-50fps with the game maxed at the TR Indar warp gate.

19. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    takes some time to check just saw i have to download the 2.7gb patch :p but afaik they were about 80-120 in heavy fights they are about 40-60 but i mostly play on low as well, only textures on ultra and shadows on medium, when playing more serious these (awesome looking) special effects are just in the way.

20. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Ah ok. That sounds pretty reasonable. You can probably bump just about everything up to high/ultra, save for graphics quality, and be able to maintain those frames. It seems that the post process effects that are enabled on high graphics quality seriously chew into frame rates. Going from high to medium almost doubles FPS, and only reduces bloom, blur, and AO.