Pipe actication with the new rivatuner!!?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Gamergod, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Gainward GTX460 GS 2GB
    loool, so you guys really think, he will release a new RT a few days after he is back from vacation?! That would mean, that you EXPECTED him to work on RT through the whole vacation? Lol, you guys have no RESPECT. Or does anybody of YOU continue to work during holidays??? :rolleyes:

2. Desmondo

Desmondo Member

GPU:
    InnoVision 6800GT PCI-E
    Respect for the maker of RivaTuner! The only thing I don't understand is they "annonced" that it is possible to activate the 4 extra pipe from software/script. And now we are waiting and waiting for it... The "impatience" is accaptable I thik bacause all the 6800Nu users are eager to try this "mod".

3. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Gainward GTX460 GS 2GB
    Desmondo, you're a clever guy, ain't you? :)
    You really can't think of the reason, why things are always announced much earlier in forums like this? It's coz they want us to come here every day and check it, this makes more clicks for their website! It's the only thing they expect from us- to come here and tell others to come here. So it's worth waiting- this holds guru3d alive. :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  4. Desmondo

Desmondo Member

GPU:
    InnoVision 6800GT PCI-E
    True;) You are right. I'll wait then (this is all I can do:D ) I hope it's going to work. Hope is still there:cool:

5. Eliminator

Eliminator Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280/Dell 2405FPW
    well the softmod is already done so i that think thats a main feature which is done and should be ready for testing soon

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Patience. Please don't be so excited about this feature. Probably, it will not work on all 6800 boards. I've developed it on Leadtek A400 TDH and there are no problems when switching between 8/12/16-pipe modes on my test rig. There are also no problems in switching 16-pipe GF6800 Ultra to 12/8-pipe mode on Digit-Life's test boards. However, there were already two graphics cards (ASUS and Galaxy 6800, both reports from the same beta tester), which don't react on pipeline configuration register reprogramming performed by RT. So if it is not the tester's fault, then pipeline count seem to be hardwired on some boards. We don't know yet if it is per-vendor or per-GPU based. So beta testing continues and we've cheching new boards/brands and investigating this question deeper.
    So if you can/wish assist with testing - let me know. Take a note, that I'm talking about experienced RT users, which used NVstrap before. I need the people I can trust, not newbies who just wish to leak new version.

7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    you used a leadtek. well i just happen to have one of those ! oh man i'm pumped now !!!! and if you would like to test it on another leadtek. get hold of me and we'll see if more than one will work with the 16 pipe mod. if that works for you ....

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ot: but what exactly will the extra 4 pipes do for a 6800 ? better fill rate ?

9. Desmondo

Desmondo Member

GPU:
    InnoVision 6800GT PCI-E
    I'm writing here, because your pm box is full:D

Hi Unwinder!

I'd like to be among the "beta testers" I'm not a n00b to RivaTuner and I used softQuadro scripts before (On my Ti4200 and 5900XT).

I personaly own an XpertVison GeForce 6800 TD 128MB. It overclocks pretty well too. 400/900;) This board is a full reference design and the only difference is the sticker in the middle of the fan... I'd like to test if the extra 4 pipes are functional or broken. It would be an honour to participate in the testing of the script.

Best regards,
    Desmondo (Bal√°zs Kupeczki) from Hungary:)

PS: My "official" e-mail adress is: kupeczki@vnet.hu
    You can send your reply in pm too (I'm not at home right now, can't check my mail:p :D ) THX

10. Unwinder

Desmondo

Thanks for your with to help. Can you please just start RT with "rr1540" command line parameter and post the result (i.e. type "RivaTuner.exe /rr1540" in the command line) then post the results displayed by RivaTuner in the message box? The same applies to all users testers wishing to help.This info will be really helpful for the first beta testers selection stage. .

11. Desmondo

Desmondo Member

GPU:
    InnoVision 6800GT PCI-E
    I'm gonna be home tomorrow afternoon, after work (I'll be at my girlfreind's house today:D ) This is why I can only post/participate the command line result tomorrow:(

Here I just installed it and it says: Reg:00001540:00000000:D This should be different if I run it on my own comp (or isn't it?)

12. Unwinder

Thanx, I'm waiting for it. Yep, NV40 must contain different value in this register.

13. Desmondo

Desmondo Member

GPU:
    InnoVision 6800GT PCI-E
    OK!;) Gonna be back tomorrow afternoon to post it:) (OMG I can't wait, but I promised to my girlfriend to go to her:D )

14. dr.snuggles

dr.snuggles Guest

I have a Inno3D GeForce 6800 standard.. non ultra...

This is what i get:
    [​IMG]

I wanna take the opportunity to ask you guys what you idle/load temps are with your GF6800s... I get about 63 degrees idle and the load temp peaks at about 75 degrees... and i think that too high!!.. what do you guys get??

15. Desmondo

Desmondo Member

GPU:
    InnoVision 6800GT PCI-E
    I "managed" to go home first (before going to my girlfriend):D I'm going to post it soon (in 2 hours)! THX

16. shaolin95

shaolin95 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX480 / XFX GTS250
    So isnt not a ONE brand only thing as reported early by some users.. I better wait and see.
    ONE question, how is the formula to calculate the top speed of video card memory. For instance I was reading that a 2.8ns is rated at 350MHZ (700MHZ) but I cant recall the formula at all.
    Regards

17. JulienD

JulienD Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800NU
    Unwinder,

This is what i get starting rivatuner with /rr1540

[​IMG]

Let me know if i can do anything else to help. My card is an eVGA 6800NU.

J.

18. Desmondo

Desmondo Member

GPU:
    InnoVision 6800GT PCI-E
    Here is my reg entry: :cool:

[​IMG]

This I think should be really good:)

PS:Sry for the link, but I didn't reg any of the free "image servers" and the forum on XtremeSystems allows me to attach pictures;))

THX

19. Desmondo

Desmondo Member

GPU:
    InnoVision 6800GT PCI-E
    A smaller image;)

[​IMG]

I have to go now, see you tomorrow!;)

20. Reidhardt

Reidhardt Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT 256mb
    [​IMG]

Just posting this in any chance it can help. eVGA 6800 standard.