Pipe actication with the new rivatuner!!?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Gamergod, Aug 5, 2004.

1. r2d2d3d4d5

r2d2d3d4d5 Guest

I'm pretty sure that all NUs are supposed to have 5 vertex shaders.

2. boodi

boodi Guest

what is the 6800NU brand name for having better probabilities ofor enabling 16 pipelines and have the card working ?

3. rebirthofham

rebirthofham Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 oc 400/875
    i don't think it goes by brand. if u read the 30 pages of info before (lol) u would see that it has nothing to do with brands.

4. boodi

boodi Guest

so you have to take the plunge ?

5. Seph82

Seph82 Guest

when the new rivatuner will be released? :3eyes:

6. Forgiven

Forgiven Guest

Come on guys...he (unwinder) just said he found out more information therefore making it a little longer. Getting extra vertex pipes would be another awesome boon. Better yet it would also be nice to know which cards have less than they should. This is worth the wait. I suppose you could always order from newegg.com and use their 30 day policy which you are only responsibile for return shipping.

NO BALLS NO BLUE CHIPS

7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    well i tell ya's if my *6800* has anything less than it should. stuff will hit the fan i tell ya. i can do over 10,000 in 3dmark03, but i only get 51,000 in aquamark ! that right there i thought was a little odd ! :mad: i SHOULD be getting more in Aquamark shouldnt i ?

8. Vik1dk

Vik1dk Guest

I get 10128 3d03 and 57xxx aquamark
    But theres a strange thing(i think), without AA anything over 347 mhz core gives me "spots" in 03(white/red/blue in proxycon), in intro/loadingscreen in BFV(blue), same for D3(red).
    Turning 2xAA on and its 340 thats max before probs starts(small amount ingame allso) but @ 4 x AA and over i can run 400+mhz with anything i throw after it :3eyes: and i tryed drivers from 61.77 to 66.00 all the same

9. Cybercat

Cybercat Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
    I got 56,357 on my Leadtek 6800, at 420/920 (if I remember correctly) using Forceware 61.77 and DX9.0c installed. My CPU however is clocked 100MHz lower than yours (FSB at 220). And it seems your RAM (although running 20MHz slower) has better timings than mine. So either you didn't have your software configured efficiently (more likely), or you may well have a lesser card than you once thought.

Personally I'm a bit enraged that they could ship 6800s with 8 pipelines, and possibly more than 1 vertex shader disabled (all 6800NUs are supposed to have 5) for the same price as in-spec ones, and no difference in name. If 6800GTs have anything disabled....well wouldn't that be interesting.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  10. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Y'all have to keep in mind that Aquamark is somewhat cpu reliant. Thats why your 3dm03 scores will be good, but you might feel your AQM3 score might be off.

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Aquamark score is no big deal really. benchies dont me $hit at the end of the day. its in-game performance that really counts ;) and i have that ! nothing i cant run at 4xaa 8xaf :) i was just curious when i read that maybe the 6800's have some dissabled pipes their not spose too :( thought maybe thats why my aqua score wasnt up to par ... guess i'll find out when the new riva tuner comes out. right ?

Edit: 500th post woo hoo. LOL ;)

12. Cybercat

Cybercat Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
    Yes indeed, which is what makes it even more odd that I scored higher than him, because that would mean that his graphics card tested all the more slower.

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    currently i have my 2500mobile @ 2.2 11x200 (summer heat) but if i remember right my score wasn't much better when i had it at 2500mhz. go figure. not that it really matters. cause my game performance is EXCELLENT .... and my 3dmak03 score isa little above 10,000. so that indicates to me that its all good ;) what do you score in 3dmark03 with *your* leadtek ?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  14. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    Re: Non ultra 6800's have 1 or more disbaled vertex processors?

Alexey, I hate to spoil you the thrill of discovery but this was old news. ( 1 month old).
    If you check back in this thread I posted a quick sumary of 6600GT and 6800 already mentioning this.
    Credit for this goes to Beyond3D team and nvnews tester that prooved their findings. I can dig up the original thread if you want, but I don't think it's necesarry.

Now, enabling this 6th vertex is great news and I think all 6800 owners will thank you.

15. Forgiven

Forgiven Guest

give me a link Kakaru2 to where someone has posted how to do the unlocking of pipes...unless you are just blowin smoke.

16. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    The news about unlocking the vertex processors is very NEW! No one in the past suggested it could be done. But the news about the 6800 having 5 vertex processors was discussed before in the link below:

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13644&highlight=vertex

Keep up the excellent work, Unwinder. Unlocking the vertex processors is a fantastic discovery!!

17. Forgiven

Forgiven Guest

The news is not new about the pipes but there isn't ANYONE who has done it as far as I know with the small exception of Unwinder.

18. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    Learn to read, I specifically said that enabling it is great news, but the fact it was disabled was no news at all.

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Kakaru2

First of all let's keep this thread clean of any flaming.

To you this might be 'old' news, if you can call a few weeks old that is. Secondly, not everyone is constantly visiting beyond3D or basically any other thread from other forums. So for a lot of people this is news.

Your comment there honestly is adding nothing to the discussion here. Alex just discovered it, he wanted to share it and he's doing a lot of positive stuff with it in Rivatuner from detection towards en/disabling VP's to strapping them on/off.

He recently discovered it, so what ?

Right now even I have been successful in en and disabling VP's with a new beta Rivatuner. That is what the discussion is all about, wether it's already a few weeks old info that you noticed is not at all relevant to me or this discussion at all.

You'll hopefully agree with me that ANY discussion on this topic in whatever timeframe is an interesting one. If you have more specific info then share it and perhaps that'll help him solve many more puzzles or give him new ideas for the ever evolving Rivatuner.

20. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    Hilbert, I'm only saying that posting the news like it was posted creates confusion. It made the people think Guru3D first reported this. Look how it was mentioned on warp2search and probably on other sites as well.
    This is my only concern. I don't want to see guru3d, a site which published my articles, remember, dragged into a scandal of "credit" for the discovery.
    Now, Alexey is doing a tremendous work, like he always did. I supported him from the very beginning of RivaTuner. If one can enable that 6th pipeline he is the only one.
    I understand his excitement of discovering the missing pipeline, and since he was in vacation at that time why he doesn't know about Beyond3d.
    But, it's our job as journalists to know all these technical details. And to give credit to those that find it first. Just like we'll giive to alexey when he'll be the first to unlock it.