Pipe actication with the new rivatuner!!?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Gamergod, Aug 5, 2004.

1. AH786

AH786 Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 4850 512
    easiest way for you is to goto windows explorer. goto c program files\rivatuner. right click on rivatuner direcotry and click open command window here.

or you can use

cd program files\rivatuner to get into it from the Command prompt.

2. JulienD

JulienD Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800NU
    what's with the e's ?

00013e0e basically the same as 00013707??

j

3. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    put it simply, since "program files" is longer than the 8 characters allowed in "dos" mode for files/folders, it gets abbreviated. when in D: root, just type cd progra~1 (yes with the ~) and you're in :D
    greetz

4. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    yeap...since E=14 hex its 2+4+8=3 plus 2+4+8=3 so 3+3=6...
    no RT soft mod :(

5. Herr Lisch

Herr Lisch Member

GPU:
    power color x800 pro
    doesnt't work for me. sure it's my fault. any other ways?

6. Darren_Hodgson

Darren_Hodgson Master Guru

GPU:
    256MB PNY Verto GeForce 6800GT graphics
    Click on Start -> Run...

Assuming you've installed RivaTuner to D:\Programs (and not D:\Program Files), type the following into the Run... box and press Return:

D:\Programs\RivaTuner\RivaTuner.exe /rr1540

A box should appear in the centre of the screen with the details you need!

7. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    oh man i'm sleeping :bang: :bang: ...u said the dir was d:\programs\rivatuner?? lol....then u just had to type "cd programs" -> "cd rivatuner" -> "rivatuner /rr1540"

8. Herr Lisch

Herr Lisch Member

GPU:
    power color x800 pro
    well thanx to you guys for the quick hints and help :)

I've sadly got 0001370b so no upgrading for me i guess :(

9. nunchucka

nunchucka Master Guru

GPU:
    X1800XTPE
    "?:\?\RivaTuner\RivaTuner.exe" /rr1540

copy the above in the cmd line and change where the "?" are to the "drive letter and path to your install folder.

mine looks like this:

"D:\!System Programs\RivaTuner\RivaTuner.exe" /rr1540

[​IMG]

10. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    hmmmm...i'm getting really curious about this "does" and "does not" work probability. unwinder said it doesn't have any relation with brands. ok. but it is strange the chips come from nvidia so randomly. just check this out: i bought mine in a shop which doesn't sell THAT much cards....a guy bought another sparkle 6800NU a couple days after me...prolly he bought the next one (after mine, at least it was the same shipment for sure), and i get 00011f0d and he gets 0001370b...weird no?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2004

11. Herr Lisch

Herr Lisch Member

GPU:
    power color x800 pro
    thanks nunchuka@all the others .got it to work now. really nice beeing welcomed with ur help.

Cheers!

ps: (so theres no chance of having enabled the extra pipes with 0001307b for example?)

12. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    from the info given in the link provided by allbon.... no, rivatuner won't work on that card, since it has 2 pairs deactivated.

13. damon

damon Guest

o.k. looks like most of us won't be able to mod the last 4 pipes to life.

given the latest explanation from allban, i did a quick review of this thread and have found that roughly only 18% of the cards that people have posted about have an "f" for value x or y in the reg code. if this sample is consistent with the total number of gf6800nu cards out there, then i'd say that you have a little less that a 1 in 5 chance of getting a card that is moddable to 16 pipes. unwinder, can you confirm?

now i don't feel so bad now about having a card that i can't activate the other 4 pipes on. i'm just going to get my arctic cooling nv5 cooler and oc more if I want more speed. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2004
  14. OlharaK

OlharaK Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GF4Ti4400
    Hey! anyone knows if this works on my GF4Ti:D

15. H4O

H4O Guest

@ OlharaK
    No, but it works on a Voodoo 2 ;-)

16. OlharaK

OlharaK Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GF4Ti4400
    Meh:( Too bad for me then:cry:

17. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    It will be interesting if someone with a 6800LE can report the results with

rivatuner.exe /rr1540

Those cards have probably a good chance of becoming at least 6800 Non-Ultras since there are more (2 more pairs) pipeline combinations to work with... (4 standard working pairs + 4 "probable candidates") ;)

18. thoper

thoper Member

GPU:
    MSI 6800nu 128
    but, how exactly one "hard off" dyad choose which good dyad to deactivate?

why if two dyad is deactivated noone of them deactivate "good dyads"?

what about the 6800le?

in the worst case (for me) if this is true, can you at least choose which good dyad to deactivate? then you can choose the worst of them and have better OC?

i guees i got no luck this time...... 13707

SORRY about my bad english!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2004
  19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Reg 00001540 : 0001370b

guess i'm out of the game too ! that really sux. was hoping it would work, but from what ive just read my card isn't a candidate. correct me if i'm wrong. :confused:

20. XanderF

XanderF Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 3850 512mb
    Well, keep in mind, all the cards that CAN'T be activated through RivaTuner *could* still try the BIOS flash.

We just need a better way to undo it if that goes wrong.

However....I wouldn't count on it. RivaTuner is apparently counting on an nVidia driver gaffe. Graphics cards come with pipes in quads (increments of 4). Apparently, nVidia pairs these in 2-pipe 'dyads'.

Since the 6800nu only needs 3 quads/6 diads, and all nv40 cards come with 4 quads/8 diads ON them....if it doesn't test out with all 8 dyads okay, it kicks you all the way down to 6. The one (or two) that failed the test are 'physically' disabled, and the remaining dyads needed to take it down to 12 pipes are disabled in software.

The nVidia driver bug is that turning the one disabled in software BACK on apparently circumvents the 'physical' disabling on the other dyad.

The problem with the cards that have no 'f' is that TWO dyads are 'physicaly' disabled, not just one. The odds that something got shut off that shouldn't have is low enough with just one dyad (2 of the pipes), but the odds of TWO dyads on the card being disabled when nothing was wrong with either of them?

So, the thing is, even those WITH 'f's in either position have a card that had one or more pipes fail nVidia's hardware tester and be hardware-disabled. Which means even though they are the only ones even possible for the RivaTuner mod, they may well all artifact. The ones with no 'f's have at least 3 pipes fail nVidia's hardware tester (or, perhaps, at least 2 - one for each dyad, I suppose) and possibly up to 4 pipes having failed.

Even if those cards COULD work with the mod....you wouldn't want them to.