Pipe actication with the new rivatuner!!?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Gamergod, Aug 5, 2004.

1. necroscope

necroscope Member

GPU:
    MSI 6800 128MB
    Can someone explain mine? At work and don't have time to figure it out... Thx.

00001540:0001370b

2. allbon

allbon Guest

Link of the news.
    http://news.filebox.ru/hardware/news19171/
    In russian, but you can understand the screenshots(the last one is important), pool of 4 pairs=Octad, pair=dyad on them.

The important part in the text is the 5 last lines (2 pairs out = RT wont help, damon's case ; 1 pair out = RT will enable it, qafa's case), you can try www.translate.ru to translate them if you dont understand.

In your case, Necroscope,
    7 = 1 + 2 + 4 so you have 3 Dyads OK in Octad0
    b = 1 + 2 + 8 and 3 more Dyads OK in Octad1

6 Dyads are OK, not 7, so according to the news, RT wont help you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2004
  3. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    oh and btw...by what has been said by allbon, some of the NU's (as mine does , it seems :cool: ) have only one pair deactivated right??but doesn't that imply that then i have a card with 14 pipelines? or am i just being dumb?

4. allbon

allbon Guest

That's how it works (written in my prev. post) :

All 6800 have 8 pairs of pipes, some of them deactivated (1 or 2 pair for 6800NU, none for 6800GT & U) if only one pair is deactivated, another one is always disabled by software (so you lose 4 pipes)

And Kill3r is absolutely right (next post), you need at least one F in your code.

5. Kill3r

Kill3r Guest

That means that you need at least one F in your Code. Because there is no other way to get all four 1,2,4,8 hex-numbers( or whatever that is) Am I right?

My code is 0001370e X=7=1,2,4 y=e=2,4,8 3+3=6 ****....

6. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    ok....i think i got the idea...but then...what i have to pray for, is that my last pair (deactivated) is not spoiled, so that when RT turns the last 4 on, i won't be getting artifacts, since the 8 pairs are fine. right?

7. folky

folky Guest

0001370b

7 = 1+2+4 --> 3 pairs
    11=1+2+8 --> 3 pairs
    ------------------------------
    6 pairs OK => RT won't help for activating the other pipes.

Well I hope others will have more luck and thx allbon for the extra info.

8. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    [off-topic] folky és da madeira?hehe nice...sou de torres vedras...onde é q arranjaste a tua sparkle? pelos vistos tou com sorte...a ver se os pipes desactivados tao bons...isso é q era :D [/offtopic]

9. damon

damon Guest

I agree. If you have one pair disable and one deactivated by software, then RT can only get you one pair back, right. This would give you 14 active pipes and not 16; or am I missing something?

10. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    hmmm...from what i understood, there are two possible scenarios: 1- u have a card with 2 pairs deactivated, end of story; 2- u have a card with one pair deactivated, and the other is forced to turn "off" as well (don't understand why). hence, when u turn the software deactivated one "ON", the other goes "ON" as well (beware, if this last one is not "good", it will probably cause artefacts). greets

EDIT: been dwelling on what i said here, and now i'm not sure this is true. can someone please correct/agree with what i said?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004

11. allbon

allbon Guest

14 pipes cards dont exist.

1 Dyad hard-off (according to code)-> another 1 Dyad is soft-off automaticaly : you lose 2 Dyads, ie 4 pipes

then with RT :
    1 Dyad soft-on -> the hard-off Dyad is autmaticaly turned on too : RT actually activates 1 Dyad, but you win a bonus one, so a total of 4 pipes.

Look at this screenshot :
    [​IMG] (courtesy of Andrey Vorobiev)

the code is in the top 0000370f, and the Octad1 Dyad3 pair is turned off.
    And look in the middle how F and 7 are calculated with the values in the Bit Field

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2004
  12. nunchucka

nunchucka Master Guru

GPU:
    X1800XTPE
    has to have an F at least i see now.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  13. allbon

allbon Guest

If there's one thing you must know, it s here :
    Only these combinations will give you 4 more pipes :

In your code 0000##Y#X
    if (X,Y) =
    (f,7)
    (f,b)
    (f,d)
    (f,e)

(7,f)
    (b,f)
    (d,f)
    (e,f)

14. AH786

AH786 Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 4850 512
    hmm. my code is

00011f0b

so theoretically allbon my card should should be able to be softmodded to give the extra 4 pipes?

is there anything that could stop it from being softmodded? eg, were the pipes disabled my nvidia due to them being not fully working.

15. Darren_Hodgson

Darren_Hodgson Master Guru

GPU:
    256MB PNY Verto GeForce 6800GT graphics
    Hmmm, this is all getting a bit too 'geeky' for me but my card returns a value of 00011f0e, which means a final value of 7 (if I understood it correctly) so I presume my card could possibly be softmodded to 16 pipelines?

I'm not holding my breath or anything, but it would be nice to know if it works...

16. Dr_Online

Dr_Online Guest

I'm not sure I understand. Why are the four last numbers in your list of working numbers simply reversed from the first four?

I have 00012f0e, does that mean it may work?

17. Herr Lisch

Herr Lisch Member

GPU:
    power color x800 pro
    if someone could be so kind and give me an explanation about getting the code lines u are talking about? I really don' t know how getting them sorry. I've tried dos comline.and the comline you get over start (usually to enter the reg). But i am always getting errors when i try to. I'd really be thankful for someone explaining me in a few quick steps how to get this information bout my 6800. Thanks a lot.

greets from germany :)

18. Dr_Online

Dr_Online Guest

Simply click start>run
    then enter cmd and run it.
    then go to the folder with rivatuner.exe and type
    rivatuner.exe /rr1540

19. AH786

AH786 Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 4850 512
    make sure you are logged in as admin.

20. Herr Lisch

Herr Lisch Member

GPU:
    power color x800 pro
    ok so i've managed to access the D: "line" in the dos command line. But I cannot enter rivatuner (D:\programs\rivatuner.exe) is where i've installed to. Pleease navigate me and thx for that. When I type D:\programs i get kicked back to D:
    Big noob asking here thx for your helping. ;)