Pink Hue Issue with new drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah, i even tried installing the 10.9 CCC on the off chance that it would fix it, but alas no :(

2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Driver Sweeper or TWL Cleaner. I think they'll do.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    TWL crap cleaner in safe mode will fix it but I went back to 10.9 though. I'm beginning to wonder if the issue is more pronounced with Cat 10.10 than with Cat 10.10a?

4. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    Hello... All...

Today i dwnloaded 10.10a drivers, Removed old 10.10 drivers because of Tint[Pink] color issues, Cleaned all Files with Drive Sweeper in Safe Mode and and Cleaned all Registry via CCleaner and Manually Deleted some Registry Keys "Wow64node" ATI Keys and Manually deleted ATI Folders and finally Installed 10.10a drivers restarted system , Checked ATI Control Center Tint[Pink] Color issues Gone, I have Changed Hue,Brightness, Contrast it appears fine no Pink color issues with 10.10a Hotfix Drivers, and My WIndows Experience Index back to 7.3 1.10 drivers it was 7.2 [Leave it who cares tat]... [​IMG]
    Those who are experiencing pink issues download a Fresh driver from AMD site[10.10a] and CLean all the old files and Manually Delete registry Files Please....

But i could not found "ATI/AMD's new Morphological Anti-aliasing" Option where is tat Option i think it will not support for ATI 5750 Series cards... Anyway i should test some games don't knw hw it performs.....

5. XxOsurfer3xX

XxOsurfer3xX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 580 Windforce
    For me using 6500 K(this was the default on 10.9s) temperature instead of the default 6600K on 10.10s worked, the colors are fine...

6. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Well i've got the pink tint issue..

Even after proper removal of old drivers first
    (unistall,safeboot & drivercleaner.net and driversweeper,reboot and regcleaner,reboot reinstall and rerun WAT)

No probs untill I change the colour saturation (as i like about 120% of digital vibrance) as soon as I apply this - bam pink tint.

It is countered for me by increasing the colour temp to around 7200k (from its defualt of 6500k)

So all those bangin on about not removing old drivers first......i can't see its that tbh

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It isn't any of that, its the actual 10.10 driver, as you could go back to the 10.8's, then just install the 10.9's over the top, and you wouldn't get the pink tinge, could do it with any drivers before the .10's, so if it was because you are not doing a driver sweep, a reg cleaner, this that and the other after every other driver before the 10.10's you've installed, then how come you havn't been getting the pink tinge all the time, exactly.:)

With a temperature of around 7200k, you'll have changed the pink tinge for a blue one, the only fix is to leave all the settings at default, but if your like me, and don't use the defaults (i.e you like a bit more Saturation etc...), then you have to roll back to a previous driver.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Might be monitor specific, played around with everything regarding colors and can't reconstruct the issue.

9. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    What was the "previous set" that you used?

10. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Mine looks blueish over 7200k. 7200k and it looks fine to my crappy eyes on my cheapo BenQ. Certainly not worth rolling back a driver for imo.

Lets hope they sort it out though in the next set.

Did somebody mention that the 10.10 betas didn't have this problem ??

11. jamiee

jamiee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified
    Same pink tinge problem here.

Tried both 10.10 and 10.10a with same results (Uninstalled/cleaned previous drivers each time).

All of the above tricks mentioned above seem to work.
    But this does look to be a driver bug that AMD needs to correct.

12. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Until you try to adjust any color control setting whatsoever. If you do, the pink is back. If you just leave the settings at factory defaults, it's fine.

Color control is broken. Fix your drivers AMD.

13. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    Yea sorry in above thread i told it was fixed for me , actually i din't change the colors , AMD Plz FIXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

14. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Should be fixed in the 10.11's.

From Spyre.

16. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    I think we need rflair on the case.

17. att_user

att_user Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5870 2 GB
    Catalyst 11.10 is out and i still have this pink hue issue when i tick the EDID checkbox. Will this EVER get fixed?

18. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I understand your frustration when using EDID. I don't use EDID and I assume most others don't. One thing I did notice with EDID when it was working is that the colors were always off. So I stop using it well before the pink tint became a problem.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Could you not just grab the driver on its own from the Individual Downloads section, and use that with an older CCC, that doesn't have the pink hue when EDID is selected (unless its the actual driver that causes the problem).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  20. The Creator

The Creator Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X
    The issue is caused by driver not by CCC. The last Catalyst without the issue was 10.9 (just before 6000 series).

I still have the pink hue issue with my old 5870 on DELL U2311H and my new 6990 on DELL 3008WFP. The Guru3D forum theme is pink if I check EDID option. Without EDID option the color theme of the forums is normal - blue.

I think AMD will never fix this issue introduced in Catalyst 10.10. :bang:

(Sorry for my bad English, I am not a native English speaker)