Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSparil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    ...and you're already playing on easy..!

No wonder with almost only ranged units, thats too much, especially for this fight. Only 1 Paladin. If you dont want to get constantly into trouble, you need to switch at least one for a figher. Or if you "need" to play with almost ranged Units, get a Barbarian for front line as Tank.

I had no problems what so ever on medium with roederick or others. Im in almost 30hours, rank 7 atm. Also use your environment to your advantge (e.g. door entrance, position 2 fighters, attack from range behind, etc.) Also if you get more experienced in the game, know your speels and game mechanics, etc. its getting even better. :D

(dont give to much move orders when targeted by the enemy, you will get a free hit from them every time)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yep filling that last spot is a dilemma. Thinking about getting a barb and levelling him in mechanics for traps...rogues are good though. The rangers bear isnt bad as a secondary tank plus the damage from range is very usefull.

Bit annoying u have to get wounds on a monk to use his abilities.

Got a question. You dont get xp from killing say one monster? It's done after u kill a certain amount..

Or maybe am not noticing it. Will test next time i kill something..

oh and am pretty sure your chars in the stronghold do lvl up as well..

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    u sir...is amazing. thanx u :D how were r installing this?

4. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Really excellent work :thumbup:
    Perhaps you could try "0x42C00005", "0x42C06405" or "0x02C80005" for SLI?
    I don't own the game, so this is just an educated guess really.

It would also be great, if you could post this information in the 3DCenter SLI thread:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=509912

5. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    Copy them and rename them "male_human_r_lg" for the large one and "male_human_r_sm" for the small one. change the letter R to what ever letters are not being used in the folder just make sure the large and small version of the same picture share the same letter, do the same for female just replace male with female in the picture name and make sure its in the female folder.

Where to place:

\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player\male

\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player\female

If you are starting a new game you do not need to replace any existing pictures in the folders, but if you want them to apply to a game already in progress you need to overwrite the portrait you want to replace just make sure you back up the original first so you can revert back to it at any time.

If you ever want to make your own, just crop pictures so they are 210 pixels wide x 330 pixels tall and save as a PNG, for the small face close up picture it is 76 pixels wide x 96 pixels tall.

I just use MS Paint, crop the portion of the picture you want, resize so it is close to the right dimensions and trim if needed, then crop out the face and do another resize to shrink it and drop it closer to the small picture and trim down if needed. Seems to work good that way and only take a couple minutes at most.

6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    The games looks pretty cool. I'll probably wait til a sale. I wonder if they have an Easter sale. It might not be on sale for a while tho. I'd rather pick it up for $29.99.. U digg?

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    thank u . you r the man!

8. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    i actually have plenty of tanks in that group, paladin is primary tank, but my Druid makes a good off tank, and hes not ranged at least how i have him set up since his heals are all close range aoe around the caster he is better in the fight with the paladin, and he has bear form to add to his tank ability, as well as the monk makes a good off tank.

Currently my female priest is also set up for melee with a shield also so she can drop her aoe heal circles on the party she usually sits behind the monk/duide/paladin but i keep her set up for melee if something gets around them she can engage and keep them from going after the wizard also has nice +3 boots of speed so she is really fast on the battlefield, while Durance is more ranged priest, my only real pure ranged dps is my wizard, tho she is struggling a bit to deal damage atm since i am killing lvl 9 groups while only being lvl 5/6 i still plan to replace durance with maybe a ranger or some other ranged dps but i want to keep him around since he has an active quest, just dont know how long i need to keep him in the party for or if that quest is even worth it.

9. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    How do you get to Twin Elms? Stonewall gorge looks like its the way to get there on the map, but you can't go through the water.

10. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    can anyone help me with this simple question:

how do I unstack/split items? I have 5 potions, I want to have 5x1 not 1x5 :)

I tried alt/ctrl/shift drag combos but cant get thing to unstack :/

thanks.

11. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Love this game!

I don't understand why they said the GFX suck it has great art design.

I like this better than Divinity Original Sin.

Think it looks better too.

Very deep RPG here....Much love for the PC!

12. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I liked divinity more, but it lacks an interesting story. This game in divinity's engine with companion AI... oh well maybe if this makes enough money for them we'll get something like that.

13. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    While playing, I saw similarities... :)

[​IMG]

14. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Well tried the game out at friends house and both me and him came to conclusion it sucks and just a baldurs gate wanna be. After about 1 1/2 hours simply typed this into game:

`iroll20s
    addexperiencetolevel 12
    craftingdebug
    giveplayermoney 9999999
    god

and when entering areas who cares about keys etc just type:

unlockall

whola 2 hours later completed the lame game and sure glad I did not spend money on it. Don't think my friend did either lol

anyways not my cup of tea game and felt like it was simply a 15 year old game not even as good as baldurs gate 2.

15. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    You haven't played/experienced the game at all, this is just more nonsense posting from yourself. You were proven wrong with your first ridiculous statement so now you're claiming you not only played it but finished it in under 3.5 hours?

So lets assume you really did play it, you're claiming it was a bad title after that gigantic aforementioned playtime. Meaning you skipped pretty much all of the text/lore/story segments of an RPG, after cheating to give yourself max stats and god-mode. You went in wanting to dislike it and went out of your way to not actually play or experience any part of it.

Thanks for reaffirming my opinion that you're a troll.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015

16. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    yelsewshane - your trolling in this section has not gone unnoticed. I suggest you stick to the hardware sections of these forums from now on if you wish to remain a member here.

17. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Not trolling if you learn to read correctly we both gave it a honest go for about 1 1/2 hours. My and his opinion is the game sucks and just a wanna be and not as good 15 year old game called baldurs gate. Thus we simply typed in some cheats in the console and went thru the game quickly so see if possible anything cought our eye. Sadly nothing did was a total bore for me and my friend. I can have a opinion just as you can have a opinion guy! You are the troll not me. You like it great, I don't and thought it sucks and that is my opinion of the game. Know this troll just because someone does not agree with what you think does not mean you are right and they are wrong.

18. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Actually, screw it. I've looked over your post history and it says it all really.

19. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Good call on the ban, he's been doing this sort of thing for years.

Anyhow, I managed to get a few more hours in last night with the game. Decided to focus on a twin-weapon fighter as my main, although I'm going to reroll a Druid for a second play through I think. The Fighter is working out pretty well so far, although I've only got a couple of levels behind my belt. Thoroughly enjoying the game so far, the art direction is fantastic and while there are imperfections I'm finding very little to genuinely fault.

PS: When you get to the first town and see that tree, pretty dark but very awesome.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    And he's GONE! Good. Thanks.