PIII question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Guest, Jan 27, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was wondering if it is normal for my P3 to idle at like 15 degrees C, and when I play a game and alt-tab back to check the heat with my hardware monitor it has gone up to 67 degrees C. Still hasnt reached the threshold but that is a real big difference, it is a P3 733, with a Gold Orb Fan

2. Pretty okay, however .. 15 degrees is REALLY low.

3. lolysys

lolysys Guest

Gaming puts stress on the processor so the temp will go up... Just add another fan or keep ur room really cool.... Keep pc away from window(sun) and such...Keep a fan on in the room.

4. jammin7

jammin7 Guest

I ran a PII 450 at close to 140F (fail-rate is app 160F) and right now my Athelon 1.1ghz runs at 129F stable 24/7.<P>A cpu can take alot, until you reach break-point then it's gone. An Athelon without any cooling/heatsink/thermal - bare cpu will fry in app 1.2 seconds. You'll never even get to post. <P>As long as it stays within specs, it isn't that much of a worry. In the summer (my computer/studio etc room is 24x20 L-shaped, and is on second floor. The other room (main room) has skylights and also house is on corner - gets East-Direct South-and-West sun.<P>In the summer I have to run a 12000 btu in this room or my computer will say good-bye.<P>You have to consider all factors when it comes to heat (in the Winter its fine) but in the Summer?