Photoshop HDR

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Witcher, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Witcher

Witcher Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel
    Hello

I am new to photoshop and want to convert some photos in HDR. Can any one guide me or tell me good site, from where I can learn to create HDR images from my photos. Also, tell me good softwares or plugins needed for HDR. I already have photoshop cs5 installed.

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
  3. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I never used anything else but photoshop. It's pretty easy, just set your AEB brackets ( exposure compensation) to -1, 0 +1 and take shots. The more different exposures you have the better. Then in CS5 go to File>Automate>HDR and load all your shots in there...

4. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    After repeatedly banging my head against HDR in Lightroom+CS3 I believed that it was just me being too stupid to make HDR work. Then I tried Photomatix Pro (the link finchwizard gave), and it worked as a charm.

Save yourself some hassle, and a plentyful of manual work, and get photomatix. It's well worth the price (and compared to the price of the Creative Suite or components of it, it's ridiculously cheap).

//Svein

5. Witcher

Witcher Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel
    Thanks mates.

I will try photomatix trial today and if I find it easy and useful then I will surely buy it.

6. stealthmaker

stealthmaker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor ATI 5770 1GB
  7. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I also have CS5, wicked program with endless options, and dam addictive.

Once you master CS5, you will NOT get out your chair, brilliant program with way too many options, more than you will ever need.

I'd say it's highly recommended, apart from the £600 price tag, lol

8. _Franky_

_Franky_ Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX670 Twin Frozr OC
    I took a 3D animation class a while ago and I am currently working as a freelance 3d artist. The way I was taught to get HDR images was with a mirror finish sphere, a decent camera and the hdr shop software. It's been a while since I have gone through the process though.