Photos and specifications of AMD 'Picasso' Ryzen 3 3200G Leaked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    chispy likes this.
  2. LEEc337

LEEc337 Member Guru

GPU:
    Team Green 960
    No chiplets for this then... Still can't wait to see these running as much as the high end stuffs :D

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I though it gonna have Navi gpu.

4. LEEc337

LEEc337 Member Guru

GPU:
    Team Green 960
    Me too, it could still be in there though... Time will tell, 4c/4t doesn't fit with the chiplet design so this is new and can still include a little navi lovin

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Although Zen+ based and not Zen2 arch = means better overclockability , nonetheless good news.

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    When was it suspected that Zen+ APUs would have Navi?

I've heard of rumors that Zen 2 APUs will have Navi, but we won't see those until next year with the 4000 series.

APUs and laptop processors are always once process behind.

airbud7 likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its actually a bit bothering that amd are using last gen on their apu's while using next gen part numbering.

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Agreed. When i stated this in another thread people said it didn't matter. I very much disagree.

airbud7 likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I say they're too accustomed to being bent over by intel.

10. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I believe the reason for using last get on the APU's has alot to do with the igpu being used and yields they have to balance everything to offer a compelling product and price points that allows them to make money. And as for the CPU difference between 14nm and 12nm is practically nonexistent the only thing that really changed was the memory support which if I remember correctly they where able to already implement onto the APU's befor they launched. Oh and I have a 1600 and 2600 and my experience tells me there is extremely small differences.

11. Cooe

Cooe Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury X 4GB
    This is largely a post of absolute freaking nonsense, that tells me either you're lying about owning a 2600 & 1600, or have utterly failed in a most epic fashion in your testing & comparing them.

On just a pure fabrication process level, the transition from 14nm to 12nm boosted the maximum possible clock-speed by 300-350MHz (4GHz to 4.35GHz for mainstream Ryzen, & 4.1 to 4.4GHz for HEDT), and the maximum possible overclock by just as much (3.8 - 4.1GHz for 14nm to 4.1 to 4.4GHz for 12nm [w/ the far ends being uncommon extremes ofc; though do note how a "golden chip" OC on 14nm 1st Gen at 4.025 - 4.1GHz, is now a craptastic silicon lottery fail on 12nm 2nd Gen]).

And the transition from Zen to Zen+ brought equally great, if not even more important changes via, first & foremost a single-thread IPC bump of 3% thanks to reduced cache & memory latencies across the board (which can have a much larger impact in latency sensitive workloads like high framerate, CPU-bound gaming, than the general 3% IPC improvement would suggest).
    And perhaps just as important is the introduction of the totally revamped "Precision Boost 2" clock boosting algorithm which is such a MASSIVE improvement over the OG Precision Boost on 14nm Zen that it simply cannot be understated. Performance in mid-thread count workloads when running w/o a manual all-core OC (which disables PB/PB2) is TREMENDOUSLY improved on 2nd Gen, to the point of being absolutely starkly night & day. And the introduction of "Precision Boost Overdrive" w/ 2nd Gen as well, allows one to "overclock" one's CPU past stock settings/performance WITHOUT disabling this incredibly smart boosting algorithm & losing all of the significant benefits that come with it.

You might not have noticed that I didn't even MENTION the improved IMC & thus memory support, just like you didn't notice a difference between the R5 1600 & 2600; but trying to pretend that means you can state there isn't one (or at least one that's notable) is simply freaking absurd.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019