Photorealistic Crysis With Real Lifesis Mod

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I'm having a problem. After running the installer (it is the correct direcotry, I have checked a few times), the files are never in the "Game/Levels" folder. Where the hell did they go?

Also, if I already have an autoexec, how can I have both?

EDIT:

Solved. Except the two autoconfigs. Can I just copy and paste the lines into the correct headings of the other?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Well, I can guarantee you that it looks like this (at least on my PC):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The blurriness can (as I wrote in the instructions) be changed by the command "depthoffield", for example.

Besides that this mod does NOT change the textures, "just" the whole atmospheric lighting and the configuration itself.

In case you are looking for better textures for Crysis, try this mod:

Crysis - Rygel High Texture Mod (2.1 GB)
    http://www.fileplanet.com/194825/190000/fileinfo/Crysis---Rygel-High-Texture-Mod

You can of course create your own custom config. I'd just try the one from the installer first and see how that goes. Since it's quite demanding, though, just use yours and change a few settings to match the other one until it fits your needs. :)

3. Risco

Risco Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650M
    Cybermancer, what config are you using :|

4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    He, he. :nerd:

I'm still tweaking it to find the perfect one, since the included one does strain my system quite a bit, tbh.

5. Risco

Risco Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650M
    A bit lol, I just cant be bothered with 2 cards :p

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    This game is so gorgeous now, I love it! :)

Those screenshots don't really do it any justice, since it looks a lot nicer in motion and without having to compress screenshots into jpegs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Right now with everything on very high @ 1920 x 1200 and using a custom config to tweak a few settings, I'm getting between 30 and 60 fps. 30 is the absolute minimum though.)

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Go on then, post us your config >_>

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Now imagine how nice that stuff would look if it were done with raytracing. Go go technology go!! We won't see any signs of raytracing for at least half a decade it seems.

9. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Are there any worth while mods for Warhead?

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009

11. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
  12. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Do you use any mods Cyber? Apart from this one, obviously :rolleyes:

13. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Christ, 2.1GB. That thing had best be ****ing mental!

I have a horrible feeling this mod plus that mod plus my machine is going to equal some epic screaming.

It may even require me overclocking my card. That's a first!

EDIT:
    I notice the page linked mentions that the mod is for Warhead. Does it still work with normal Crysis?

15. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Nah. They just mention the other hi-res texture mod Rygel made for Warhead. The link I posted above is definitely for Crysis. Just make sure to download the file "crysis_texture_update_pack.zip".

16. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    How far you think I get get with the 4670? I could easily take a break from the game between each frame load.

That mod does make me kind of want the game. Too bad I can run in high quality. That's making me not buy the game because the game play is...meh...

17. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Well I can tell you the rig you see here is averaging 6-7 FPS with that Real Lifesis mod. ;( I went from all High 20-24 FPS to 6-7 with that mod. I'm downloading the texture pack now to see how that looks. How is the performance affected with the texture pack Cybermancer?

Time to finish my new build with 4850 CF. ;)

18. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
  19. georaldc

georaldc Guest

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    Downloaded this when it was released a few weeks back. Don't you guys find the depth of field too excessive? The one I downloaded had extreme blur at only like a couple of feet away.

Hopefully, by the time my GTX 275 gets here (today or tomorrow), I could get the game running at some good settings at 1680x1050. My old old 8800 just couldn't take that res lol

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Welll, tbh now that I tried the hi-res texture pack, I'm not so sure if I actually want to keep it. There's no doubt that certain or most textures are indeed better looking, but sometimes they just don't really match each other or don't really fit right next to each other. I guess, you have to take a look for yourself to see what I mean. I, personally, deleted them again, since I think that a good config is a lot more worth.
    Iirc, it didn't influence my fps too much. Maybe by 1 or 2 fps, but then again I should have enough of memory to handle the bigger textures...
    That one is a modified version of Cuban-Ultima-Doom-Arch-Assassin47-Taowolf-Sword's custom config, even further modified by our own forum member Gembel, which you can download here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=292828

I modified it only by adding the command "r_multigpu = 1" in order fix problems with my SLI setup and two other tweaks which I already forgot, tbh. LOL

Imo, it's by far the fastest one of the three I'm playing with, but imo it doesn't necessarily look the best with the Real Lifesis mod. But everybody's taste is a little bit different. :)
    You can use "depthoffield 1" or "depthoffield 0" in the console, in order to reduce or completely turn the blur effect off.