1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 276E8VJSB UHD 10-bit IPS Monitor announced at 299 EUR

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 19, 2018.

1. RogeRR

RogeRR New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Speaking of latest technology - it looks like a newer revision of the ca. 3 year old (!) panel of the LG 27UD58-B (both using LG-Philips LCDs)...
    Only difference i can make out is the brightness is higher on announced Philips, and older LG has FreeSync (40-60Hz).

Lowest price for the latter is currently €279. (Plus there is a version of it with adjustable stand with pivot available - for a bit more).
    Therefore i would not call it a great deal price/perf. wise. But the slim bezel on Phil admittably has a more modern and sexy look... ;)

Unfortunately the only relatively affordable option i could find with 4K HDR & 120+ Hz is the ViewSonic VP2785-4K, prices starting around €1000.
    (If someone is already spoiled with a size of 32" or more - like me - would have to pay 2300++ for similar specifications)
    So the tech seems a bit too expensive for most gamer - and most professionals do not really care about gaming specs for a monitor...
    Could you settle for WQHD/"2K"? The MSI Optix AG32CQ or Acer ED3 ED323QURA or ViewSonic VX3258-2KC would be a good choice for you then
    (all these start from around €400).

2. RogeRR

RogeRR New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Oops... with "If someone is already spoiled with a size of 32" or more" i meant MONITOR size of course...:oops:
    Before someone start asking about it :D

3. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    I have the MG279Q, I won't change it until it dies unless some sort of revolution occurs. 32" looks more pixelated and is 75hz enough? Running 60hz on the MG279Q is a bad experience.

4. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    HDR 400 is the bare minimum req for any tv or monitor nowadays. Who buys these with low luminance now like this 350 cd/m?

Silva likes this.

5. Silva

Silva Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    The news actually got me hipped until I read your comment.
    60hz has to die, fast! We need 100hz as the standard.

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Aww is someones elitist attitude hurt? So sorry.