1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 276E8VJSB UHD 10-bit IPS Monitor announced at 299 EUR

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Jesus, I wish companies f**ked off with the 60Hz nonsense already.

Silva, Kaleid and RavenMaster like this.
  3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm sorry you're an elitist who thinks all products should revolve around you.

alanm and Margalus like this.
  4. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Good enough for photo/video production.
    Could be a bit hard to swallow fact, but gamers are less than 1% in monitor market.

So, I wonder how far this panel to be HDR certified.

jura11 likes this.

5. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Gee, what a wonderful screen for only €299, and with such a slim bezel...:eek:

6. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 2080 FE
    Come on guys, make the jump to 4K 120hz. After using 120/144hz monitors for the last 4 years, there’s no way in hell I’d ever give up that smoothness and go back to 60hz.

Silva likes this.
  7. aless83

aless83 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte r9 280x
    Yeah, the same happens to me. Since I've got my new 500hp sportscar, I really cannot understand how people can live with a 150 hp VW Golf ...
    Some people don't have the money to spend or don't actually need the things you need...

8. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Troll more, you'll get somewhere.
    Unfortunately for smartasses like the two of you, my ignore list has almost unlimited capacity.

Silva and sverek like this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    That plus G or Free sync would be quite a nice upgrade for the next monitor, HDR well depends entirely on what's available and pricing as usual ha ha.
    Actually hitting 120 FPS though well the other computer hardware is probably not going to be able to deliver performance on that level which I guess is where the sync hardware stuff comes into play.
    (Suppose you'd still benefit from 120hz over 60hz but this might make it smoother when it starts dropping down to lower framerate figures.)

Display Port and HDMI updated a bit further wouldn't hurt either to keep things nice and uncompressed, haven't checked but I guess since there's no GPU's out with 2.1 support there's also no TV's or monitors out using this standard just yet, maybe for next year. (And for Display Port I think you can hit around 96hz or so without dropping anything but I have to check to be sure for 10-bit and 3840x2160 but I think that was it for the DP1.4 specs.)

Will be interesting to see if the existing tech and panel types will ever be phased out but I suppose price and performance means there's room for all sorts of models depending on what the user wants and is comfortable with spending far as pricing is concerned. 2019 should see new things from both AMD and NVIDIA so maybe that could see a start for HDMI 2.1 at least and I guess it depends on what the next Playstation and XBox consoles will be whenever they are unveiled.
    (Far as gaming is concerned at least.)

10. Evildead666

Evildead666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega64EKWB 240PP12V
    8bit + FRC .
    Doesn't that mean the colours will be cack ?

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    It's better than 6-bit + FRC for 8 bit at least although maybe that's finally on the way out, true 10-bit panels also cost a bit although I suppose it's come down in cost a bit so maybe it's not quite as bad anymore.

12. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    can't ignore likes :D

13. Margalus

Margalus Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    You are correct. All companies should cater only to your desire by making only the one type of product that you like regardless of what the majority may want or be able to buy.

Aura89 likes this.
  14. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    The price looked fantastic until it was clear that it was just a 60hz panel. 120/144Hz is more important than 10bit/HDR

Silva likes this.
  15. Evildead666

Evildead666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega64EKWB 240PP12V
    Thats what i was thinking of.

16. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    I just did that, switched from a MG279Q 144Hz IPS 1440p monitor to a AOC 32" 75Hz IPS 1440p, bigger is better :)

alanm likes this.
  17. dragonlord

dragonlord Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    Yeah, this 8bit+FRC gimmick is NOT true 10 bit and not worth your time or money. If you know you actually need 10 bit, DON'T buy this monitor for professional work.

Silva likes this.
  18. GlennB

GlennB Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Also 350 cd/m will just be barely enough for HDR in a pitch dark room, too many people are already thinking an HDR sticker will provide HDR...

warlord likes this.
  19. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    hmmmm, The 10-bit display delivers rich colour depth as well, with 1.074 billion colours and 12-bit internal processing for smooth gradations and detail.

looks at details:
    10-bit display for bright, beautiful colours (8bit+FRC) yeah right, a true 10 bit display..

i hate this marketing Bull__hit...

Dragam1337 likes this.
  20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    Just play it safe, no need to over do it to point where Hilbert needs extra server just to calculate posts which you can see.
    Those guys are kind of right as much as you are.