Phenom II X6 1055T and 1090T review

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. main_shoby

main_shoby Maha Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Qnix 2710 96Hz
    :D INSANE :D:D:D:D im soooo excited about this product.. im gonna get one asap and throw this Lagend X2 555 (B55) in my mom's pc :D or would get 890FX board :/

3. psybersoma

psybersoma Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1850
    if it wasn't for Bill Me Later I wouldn't be participating in this X6 craze.....

even though I'm living in the poverty bracket with no job at the moment due to this ****ty economy... I figure I'm going to be just as irresponsible with money as all those f**king banks that got trillions in bailouts.. It's all paper backed by paper backed by paper anyways...

Once this economy finally collapses, we'll all be poor...but at least I'll have an X6 1090T to play with...

got mine from Newegg.....

4. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Selling my 965 right now to get the black edition

5. DeadLine

DeadLine Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    Got mine 1055t just 30 min ago, gonna install and test it now.

6. chris

chris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX460
    sweet:banana:

7. gurusan

gurusan Master Guru

GPU:
    5850 @ 1000MHz
    Nice...that 1055T is a straight bargain!

8. AshCation

AshCation Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX580
    Man I need wait 1-2 months to 1090T arrive in my country and you guys can buy in the same day , aaa I hate my country.

I was expecting more of this new AMD X6 btw.

9. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I disagree with you Hilbert. There is no difference whatsoever between the CPU's you've tested when it comes to gaming, unless you mean at the lower end of resolutions. If that's the case then none of them matter as no CPU can provide enough power at 1280x1024 or lower. At the end of the day AMD have created an excellent CPU at excellent prices.

However, these CPU's are irrelevant when it comes to gaming and are only good for heavy threaded tasks, such as scientific calculations and servers. Also I'd like to remind you that the current record is held by AMD hexacore powered Cray super computer, meaning that whoever ordered it saw more reason to go with more cores than logical threads.

I was going to say that these CPU's are irrelevant for us, gamers, but for those prices I'm not so sure anymore, and if I were to build a new PC for myself I'd definitely get a 1090T.

10. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Now this is tempting. Really don't want to pay 300+ for a cpu (intel)

11. FTD.2004

FTD.2004 New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 8500GT
    WOWWWWWWWWWW AMD kick ass with this new procesor :D

i use a q6600 for now buth i'm very tempting to pass on AMD especially something that I use daily, processing ... many tasks, they see the results here with Q6600 value of one third of which is my CPU :((( only thing I expect to defend a mb with SATA ports 8,9,10 :D I 6x HDD and 1x DVD-RW SATA hard so I gotta to.

Q6600 + MSI P45 NEO2 FR + 6xHDD + 4GB DDR2+8500 GT

Here, in the romania, Asus Crosshair Formula IV costs 200 euros, a little expensive for a motherboard with 7x SATA.
    But if you wait and you wait :D sure I buy the CPU, and I take directly X6 :D

12. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
    Phenom II X6 1035T release date?

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    they're both available here; very cheap for a 6core imo..

1090T BE= 319€

1055T = 218€

14. DeadLine

DeadLine Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    paid 180 euro for the 1055t here well only 40 euro cause i sold the 965 for a nice price.

15. Dual Core

Dual Core Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 2x4890 24"1080p
    A very sweet processor, if only mine struggled playing games then i would update straight away, its a bargain.

16. Dual Core

Dual Core Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 2x4890 24"1080p
  17. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I'm kinda disappointed :pirate:... I've had my X4 955 for a year now and I thought now was the time to upgrade and get a boost in games, so I swapped the GTX280's for GTX470's and was planning on upgrading the CPU also.:3eyes:

But if "the deal" or "the benefit" of 1090T is only by overclocking it, then I have a hard time justifying to myself to purchase one. I don't overclock - did once but not anymore.
    I just want solid good reliable performance out of the box without having to nervously sit and watch temperatures rising and do hours and hours of stability tests just to find it makes Prime95 for 24hrs, but when loading up FSX the whole thing crashes.:bang:

Regarding the whole debate of utilizing multi-cores in games I think the statement that Legitreviews made pretty much sums up the essential - the game developers need to to optimize !

.."Not every testing scenario showed the benefits of having six-cores and twelve threads, though. For example, in gaming we saw a little performance boost here and there, but nothing significant at the resolutions we actually play games on. Crank up the image quality and the screen resolution and you'll be limited by the graphics card way before the flagship processor of either company. The game developers need to stop porting games over from consoles and walking away from them! PC users deserve some solid code that takes advantage of 8 or more threads. It was an eye opener to see some of our gaming benchmarks only putting our processor under 20% load during testing!.."
    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1289/21/

*Sigh* - I want a six-core just because then "I haz six cor'z", but I don't gain anything from it when my major work is mostly on Photopshop CS4 and gaming.
    I don't know... I should wait for something faster. Perhaps their new Quad-core line-up.:O

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  18. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    You've made laugh ^^

Enjoy those extra 2 cores :p

19. DeadLine

DeadLine Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    Screenshot of mine 1055

[​IMG]

20. Octavean

Octavean Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    I know someone who got in on a deal and bought an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T for ~$213. Great price! There is a lot to like about these new 6 core chips from AMD although I don't like everything about them they are clearly great chips.

My issue is that I have a Microcenter nearby and can buy a Core i7 930 or Core i7 860 for ~$200 and the only Phenom II X6 I would want at the moment would be the 1090T at about ~$300. Couple that with the price of 890FX boards and it would be more expensive to go with the Phenom II X6 1090T then the Core i7 930 / 860.

Then there is the issue of gaming performance,......

Don't get me wrong though, I definitely want a Phenom II X6 1090T to play with,......