Phenom II X6 1055T and 1090T review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Apr 27, 2010.

1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    So on games that dont take advantage of its 6 cores, this will roughly be rivals to which intel processor? i7 750? 860? 920?

2. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    It's on sale right now on newegg :D

3. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    need to plan expenses to get myself the BE edition.

4. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Great review. Hilbert! Thanks for this. :thumbup:

5. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    amazingly low tempatures there and for a 6 core unit too.

Just wow, if I was still on my Q6600 I'd be upgrading to this.

6. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    good review Hilbert.

AMD still kick pretty well, X6 are just perfect CPU's for today performance or even more. Nice job AMD and keep goin':thumbup:

What dissapoints me right now is that the Gigabyte flag ship motherboard GA MA 790FXT-UD5P still do not support X6 CPU's:bang: and if they will not solve this issue a.s.a.p. this will be my last Gigabyte board..

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  7. loneknives

loneknives Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy gtx 670 GC
  8. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    for what it's worth that isn't the flagship mobo anymore and mine just got a bios update 2 days ago for 6 cores.

9. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Another fail of a cpu review, no minimum frame benches....when the minimum frames are the thing most affected by cpu performance....riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

10. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 1060 6gb
    Hilbert could you put Crossfire HD5870 or GTX480 for Bad Company 2 tests ? (and all other games too)

It would show better differences between CPUs , HD5870 alone is just too slow to show

benefits from Quads, and Six Cores.

Imo. Creating heavy CPU bottleneck via huge GPU processing power is the best way to show CPU scaling in games.

5870 Crossfire is absolute minimum if you want to benchmark such powerfull CPU in games.

Also i would be interested in minimum frame rate as it is affected by CPU performance.

As for the CPU alone , it seems that i5 750 beats it in all games and also , its cheaper.

Something is wrong - with AMD that is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thank You :)

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sorry mate, no time for that right now, I might do an update later on though.

But, and I mentioned this in the conclusion, for gaming you are just better off with Intel Core processors, but only in the uber high-end that is. So sure, with Multi-GPU gaming the difference will become much more apparant, very likely even with a Core i5 750. Multi-media etc however the tide would turn quickly.

12. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Amazing for the price, i only just got an X4 and couldnt be happier with it, got a nice performance increase from what i had before, AMD is a much better mid-range choice than the i5/7's.

13. gurusan

gurusan Master Guru

GPU:
    5850 @ 1000MHz
    Great review...however claiming 100% stability from a few benchmarks and 5 minutes of prime95 is a fairly grave mistake.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Bloody fricking hell .. is it just me or do people complain about every single little thing these days ? Sjeeesh unbelievable !!

15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 1060 6gb
    A bit of criticism is never bad! :D

16. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    wicked work by amd not to far from the top intel and when u think that the intell is like £800 amd is such a bargin :banana::banana::banana::banana: to amd for this

and to think i5/i7 are dieing boards u are so much better jumping to amd

lmao just think omg for the price of the top intell i could have amd 6core and the full set up and a gtx barginnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

all so why only 3 games benched not the 5 u did for intell m8 + i would have loved to see the res i use to play games in 1920 x 1200

17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Nice CPUs but for 90% of consumers they are basically useless like Intel 980X.
    In normal situations there´s no need for six cores so this is basically an overkill unless it´s used for professional reasons. Still it performs well and the temps are amazing! I think that for those who buy AMD this is the perfect time to buy a cheap 955 0r 965.

And great review as always!

18. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    there no point buying any chip bar the amd tbh if u going amd since for bang perbuck amd is +10 were as intell is +1 if u lucky

19. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    GTA IV tests should be included, that's the most cpu limited game available right now.

20. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    Thanks for the review.
    They seem to be really great CPU's, especially when considering money factor.

Regarding temperatures, I think that it may be a problem with a mobo or monitoring software. I can remember that AMD Brisbane were initially reporting too low temperatures, by 10 or 15 C. Maybe it's the same here. The processor has to be hotter than the environment, even in idle (unless you're on extreme cooling). I think it's reporting 10-15C low, at least in idle.