Phenom II now "supported" on M2N-SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by ST19AG_WGreymon, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Choice find. What about the M2N-E Sli standard.

Edit: I guess not.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  2. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Why are people still to this day trying to run this old ass board -.-

3. grolla

grolla Member

GPU:
    8800gt sli
    sometimes there are some body has not money for spend 500$ for cpu-motherboard-ram like you.
    with only 100$ i installed a 4 core cpu.
    2600k cost like my pc included vga, only for improve 15% of performance.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Wow, nice attitude. :wanker:

Btw, if you think the M2N is old then you should check out the ABIT A8N nF2 & ATI 9600XT rig I built for my parents. Running beautifully I might add....

I hate seeing perfectly good older hardware going to waste.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    It was a joke post people, relax. I merely find it funny that this thread is still around after almost 4 years now.

6. BenTTwiG

BenTTwiG Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    Hah! My brother is still running the Asus M2N-E board. We just picked him up a used Phenom II X4 955, once it gets here we will be dropping it in and hoping for the best.

7. hermanoscabra

hermanoscabra New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Gt 220
    What Proccesor you recommended me?

Hi, I dediced to upgrade my old CPu (AMD athlon x2 +6000) to a new one but I dont know which proccesor is better for my M2N-SLI Deluxe. I saw that the AMD Phenom 2 X4 945 is offcially supported for my mobo, but i saw people on this forum that have an AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 OR EVEN 965. Please i need help to take the best decission, i don´t want to buy the 965 and then my pc will not startup. Which processor is the best for this mother board? who is the most stable processor? This mobo supports CPUs higher than 95 watt? Thanks FOR the help, and sorry for my english :)

8. JoeSuplicz

JoeSuplicz New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 660 TOP
    Hello,
    can anybody say if a Phenom II 955BE Rev. C2 will work? i know, that on the CPU support list is a C3 rev. but i can't find one.

Thank you.

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah if the C3 works then so will the C2.

10. JoeSuplicz

JoeSuplicz New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 660 TOP
    Thx Pill Monster, good to hear, i can buy a C2. i read, that the C2 rev is not so good for OC.

11. JoeSuplicz

JoeSuplicz New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 660 TOP
    What about 965 BE C3? 965 is in the list on the first side, but will the BE work fine too? if it does, which BIOS will you recommend?

Because it is a 965BE C3, not a 955BE C2..

12. robtorbay

robtorbay Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980ti SLI
    WOW I can believe this MOBO is still rocken the forums lol! Solid MOBO!

13. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    It's one of those strong boards that never die.

deltatux

14. JoeSuplicz

JoeSuplicz New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 660 TOP
    After instaling the new CPU i updated the bios for 5001, because 1802AM3 coldnt show the Stepping and micro code..

My problem is: in CPU-Z it shows only 2 cores, not 4.

Should i reinstal the win7?

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What does Task Manager show?

16. JoeSuplicz

JoeSuplicz New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 660 TOP
    i overwrited in msconfig the boot, number of CPU long time ago, but after rewriting it, BSOD showed up, something about ACPI and bios... now its running, but i'm scared of the reset or shuting down the PC... :lol:

EDIT: This BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant - Virtualization was dissabled, now its enbaled and works :) funny thing, that Multiplier is on 17x, BIOS shows 3,4GHz but wins 800MHz..

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  17. PaulGo

PaulGo Member

GPU:
    AMD 6770
    Mine just did! I just died while I was using it on Sunday. I got the M5A99X EVO to replace it. Great motherboard. Also it was similar enough to allow me to boot into Windows as do an re-install of Windows 7 so I didn't have to reinstall all my software. Fr now I kept my AMD 945 (95 watts) processor. In the new motherboard I can overclock it to 3.6GHZ with DDR3 1600.

18. Deranger

Deranger New Member

GPU:
    OCZ GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    I currently have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3ghz) running on my MSN-SLI Deluxe, with 6GB of 800 RAM, Windows 7.

I have been looking at upgrading as cheaply as possible (needing to upgrade my HDD and CPU as they seem to be my worst parts at the moment).

Looking at the Phenom II's to upgrade to I have seen a Phenom II X4 965 125w for about £100 which I think is reasonable to bring up my system a bit closer to todays needs.

Am I right in thinking that this CPU should work for me (I need to check what PSU I have as it's 4 years old now)? I have quite a decent standard heatsink which I assume will go with my chosen CPU, but IF it does go with my current system I was wondering what sort of settings in BIOS (not upgraded to one that will allow the Phemon II yet) I would have to play about with (multipliers etc) and how would I know what settings to have it set to to get it to run.

(I built my current system starting about 4-5 years ago by myself and so far it's always worked, since then upgrading my RAM and OS to run more recent games).

Cheers

19. PaulGo

PaulGo Member

GPU:
    AMD 6770
    This board is certified for up to the AMD 945 95 watt processor with the 5001 bios. If you want to play around you can get the 965 to work but it may not be easy. Do some research to see what you need to do to get the 965 to work. You can get great performance with the AMD 945 without having to do anything but upgrade the bios.

20. Deranger

Deranger New Member

GPU:
    OCZ GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    Thankyou PaulGo, I will look into that and see if I can aquire an AMD 945 (Is this a Phenom or an Athlon? Have been reading alot of sites and gets confusing with all the info).