Phenom II now "supported" on M2N-SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by ST19AG_WGreymon, Feb 4, 2009.

1. prekoshus

prekoshus New Member

GPU:
    MSI 250 GTS 1GB
    thanks for the reply, going to ship that back and grab the 955 BE ... should end up costing bout the same by the time i sell my X2

2. AceTK

AceTK Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX-560TI @ 1Ghz
    Yeah tiz true but finding the size is not the issue its the type. It only takes a short google session to find that all the available sticks of 8GB are ECC. Now while you can just bang them in and they will work albeit with the ECC disabled the cost of the ECC sticks is nearly double.

On the flipside though i've been doing some more googling and it would seem that newer boards dont seem to suffer from the having all the memory slots filled overclocking limiting issue. Plus depending on if I do end up selling out to the the dark side I may even get 12GB on a tripple channel i7 setup.

Never know tho they might decide to bring out larger DIMM's in time for bulldozer launch..... i guess now we play the waiting game.

3. MiNI

MiNI Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 unlock 950/1400
    Do these cpus work in the M2N32-SLI deluxe motherboard as well?

4. AceTK

AceTK Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX-560TI @ 1Ghz
    As far as i'm aware they do, from what little ive read it would appear that mobo has better support. This forum is simply for the M2N-SLI Deluxe so we'd be unable to give much more info than simply referring you back to the search button at the top of your page or google.

5. Curt217217

Curt217217 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ult
    Yeah ECC really hikes the price up, still could be worse - on my MBP the price of a 4GB module is the same as two 4GB modules on my desktop lmao.

To be honest I think my Formula would cope with 4 slots full - it definitely feels a lot more solid compared to my older boards, the QVL says it will work with for modules so it shouldn't diminish and overclock as a board branded for OC'ing - it really depends how far you want to push the CPU.

8GB is overkill IMO, the system copes better with rendering tasks but in general - no difference. Still I would like to have 12GB+ in my next system as it would speed rendering up even more!

6. AceTK

AceTK Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX-560TI @ 1Ghz

Well not overkill for me tho. Sure to the average desktop lizard 4gb is more than ul ever need ever. But even gta4 uses up 5gb of ram if you have it and add that to the 1-2gb that windows 7 uses + an extra gig for all the rest of your applications etc and you are already at 8gb. Plus I like to run virtual machines too in the background for media servers and pure unix p2p clients with 2gb each. Once you add those in on top ive breached the 8gb and into 12/16gb land. Will be really nice to have an 8 core bulldozer in May too thats for sure.

7. prekoshus

prekoshus New Member

GPU:
    MSI 250 GTS 1GB
    got my 955 in and clocked to 3.99, im sure i can tweak a lil more out of it. i doubt this is related, maybe an issue with the board.... my ethernet ports are pretty testy lately, after pretty much giving up on trouble shooting I installed a new card, when windows didnt find drivers automatically i got pissed and plugged back into a non working port and now it works. anybody ever have similar issues?

8. Curt217217

Curt217217 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ult
    Ah I get you, you can justify it well :) I use mine only for rendering, but it makes a difference for sure!!

9. AceTK

AceTK Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX-560TI @ 1Ghz
    Cpu cycles, memory...... om nom nom hehe. Also if you listen very carefully close to my router you can here the slurping sound of the the connection sucking maximum internet juice lol.

10. sirsaechao

sirsaechao New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT XXX Alpha
    So before I had a broken pin...I had the M2N-SLI Deluxe 5001 BIOS and AMD Phenom II X4 945 and it worked flawlessly. I had to get a replacement 945 so I put back the 9600 and it worked. I got the new 945 and installed it...now it won't boot up...but the 9600 boots right up with 5001...I even tried 1804...only the 9600 boots up...why??? Help pls.

11. danieldasp

danieldasp New Member

GPU:
    8800GTS Fatal1ty
    Hi guys ! I have a m2n sli deluxe.

Can i buy a Phenom II X4 970 BE ?? It will work fine if a change the multiplier by nvidia tools ??

Dont see anything about the 970 in this topic...

Thanks !!

12. grolla

grolla Member

GPU:
    8800gt sli
    maybe it's work!
    pII 970 is a deneb core 120w TPD, but i think tha's not a good choice: the deneb has a overclock wall around 4ghz for every processors.
    955 or 965 is more cheaper the 970 :D

13. danieldasp

danieldasp New Member

GPU:
    8800GTS Fatal1ty
    But the compatibility of m2n sli deluxe is the same with x4 970, 955 and 965 processors ??

i dont think in overclock the cpu.

14. grolla

grolla Member

GPU:
    8800gt sli
    the same compatibility with the other am2 mainboard but i don't know if the lastest bios 5001 support this new processor.

15. nescafe37

nescafe37 Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx295
    hiya guys..couple of questions for you...what revision 955 should i be looking for??? will the 125w work and will i notice much difference in gaming from my 6400 BE??
    cheers

16. danieldasp

danieldasp New Member

GPU:
    8800GTS Fatal1ty
    Hi guys !

Its working fine ! Phenom II X4 970 in my m2n sli deluxe !

Im using nvidia tools, cant change the multiplier in the software so i changed using notepad in the .NSU profile file.

There´s some problem using 17.5 multiplier all the time ?? Do i need to make a "idle" profile with 4x multplier ?

avarage idle temp is 47 C ...

Bios core voltage is 1.375

17. nescafe37

nescafe37 Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx295
    ok my 955 is on the way now....i already have the 5001 bios flashed...anything else i should do ??
    cheers chris

18. nescafe37

nescafe37 Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx295
    i have trolled through these posts but its all to much to take in...
    what settings should i use??

19. grolla

grolla Member

GPU:
    8800gt sli
    nothing else.
    only nvidia system tools

20. nescafe37

nescafe37 Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx295
    but what voltage and stuff do i change??