Phenom II now "supported" on M2N-SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by ST19AG_WGreymon, Feb 4, 2009.

1. raemen

raemen Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 640mb
    Hi does anyone know if Phenom II X4 955 (HDZ955FBGMBOX) is supported? It is suppose to be the 125W edition so would it work at full speed?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  2. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Try clearing the CMOS.

It's listed as supported in the first post.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Lol when will this thread die? You people seriously need to update your motherboards XD

4. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    ice445, just provide us bios with X6 support and we will make update => M2N-SLI Deluxe + Phenom II X6 :roll:

M2N-SLI Deluxe never dies! :war:

5. raemen

raemen Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 640mb
    YES KOLOS!

Ok I just got the CPU today and I had to use Nvidia system tools to manually adjust the multiplyer of the Phenom II X4 955. But I think that it is still a bit slow, I thought that going from a dual core at 2.6GHz to a 3.2GHz quad core would make a big difference. I always get a 45 C as temperature and a voltage of 1.23V, while others with the same CPU, same speed and mobo get 1.3 to 1.5V. Is my CPU suppose to be like that? Maybe something is bottlenecking it.

6. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    I have X4 940 and right now it has 47°C, motherboard has 39°C. Power plan is set to high performance (3 GHz @ 1,3V), room temperature is 20°C.

Do you use PC Probe II to monitor temperature and voltage?

I suppose that after upgrade you didn't make fresh installation of OS. I didn't and I have Vista32 from the time when I had X2 3600+, which has very rich history of installed and removed applications. I also have feeling that should be much faster, especially because I built Ubuntu system with X2 3600+ which runs very well. I know that fresh installation would make difference, but I'm a bit to lazy to start everything from the beginning. Maybe good occasion for this painful job would be once when I get bigger hard drive.

7. AceTK

AceTK Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX-560TI @ 1Ghz
    Lol well ive got my upgrade planned for april onwards and depending how bulldozer turns out I may even go to the darkside (intel).

But what il do is offer up my mobo if anyone wants it on this forum. Sadly the new AM3+ chips have an extra pin so its the end of the road for this mobo and the highest chip I cud use is an X6 1100T.

8. raemen

raemen Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 640mb
    I do have PC Probe installed. It shows 45°C and voltage of 1.37V. But I have this other program called HWmonitor and it shows 1.23V. Why is the volts different. I did do a fresh install of the OS because I was forced to. The computer wouldn't start so I reinstalled my Windows XP SP3(Still don't want to change OS

9. Curt217217

Curt217217 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ult
    I just jumped ship myself, got myself an Crosshair IV Formula, last proper upgrade for a while as I just got a MacBook Pro to see me through University, or if I choose not to go, until I can afford computer parts lol.

The M2N-SLI Deluxe board has served me for over 4 years (I think) and I cannot complain at all, I wouldn't have upgraded my board if it hadn't started to fail. I wanted to get 8GB RAM but two slots were dead - to do so I would have had to buy 2x4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz which works out more or less the same as, if not more than 2x4GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz, hence hwy I invested a bit and made the move to AM3. I plan to put my M2N-SLI Deluxe into my old case with all my old components and have a backup machine - that I expect will run for another 3-5 years so all in all, no complaints.

10. PhenomIIX4

PhenomIIX4 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 9800GT
    Hey there,
    just bought the AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 955 but I have a problem:
    I only get 800MHZ. I used BIOS 5001 but it was at 800MHZ. Then I tried to use BIOS 1804: AMD unknown processor model - 800MHZ :(
    Cool'n'Quiet is disabled and windows7 energy settings are correct - What to do?

11. PhenomIIX4

PhenomIIX4 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 9800GT
    Got it working. Thanx anyways.

12. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Check the voltage in Bios and if it's similar to readings in PC Probe, then stick with PC Probe.

Same with me, I don't want to upgrade, because I rather spend money for something else than giving them to M$. They could be fair (the word which is probably not in their vocabulary) and offer free upgrade for users with (could say abandoned) Vista.

13. andrewshooter

andrewshooter New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800gts 320mb
    How do I get EZ Flash 2 to recognize the USB drive that the BIOS update is on? It currently only recognizes A: B: and C: drive.

Should I use Asus Update Utility instead?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  14. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    I got the same issue. i updated my Bios to 1701 last year when I installed a 955BE but recently got the post issue after installing a ATI5850. I alawys press F1 to continue and it loads fine but I want to upgrade to Bios 5001 to get rid of this issue. I am not sure if the post issue effects the performance of my card.

My USB stick is formatted in NTFS but the flash utility does not see it.

15. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Format it in FAT32.

16. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    Ok did that and the Flash utility now sees the file but it tells me thats its not the right size 131072.

17. AceTK

AceTK Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX-560TI @ 1Ghz

Yeah thats fair enough. I dont think anyone here can complain about this mobo from a cost/duration standpoint. Its literally a technical limitation or a genuine fault issue that is making people upgrade. In my eyes I wish all motherboards were like that.

You are right about the ram tho, ddr2 costs the same as ddr3. That same reason means il be able to put my ram back onto ebay and make same cash back hehe.

From what ive read ram is going to slump to its lowest price point sometime upto July this year. Hopefully fingers crossed and budget permitting im going to go for the full 16gb. The tricky part is going to be finding 8gb sticks as im not interested in filling all my slots and hindering my maximum overclock.

18. Curt217217

Curt217217 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ult
    True, I have never had any problems with motherboards in operation sake - yes the board started to fail but thats because I got TIM inside the CPU sokey, on the primary PCI-E slot and the RAM slots. Even after a soaking of white spirit, the board lived on (yes with a few slots out of action) but thats what I call a board haha.

RAM is a monopoly at the moment, the prices are dropping but I guarantee they will jump again - as for the DDR2, I have some more sticks lying around so I might join you on selling them :p The good thing about the RAM prices dropping however, GPU prices will also drop which is the only component I have left to upgrade.

As for 16GB, you will have a super fun time, 8GB modules, especially DDR2 modules, are a) hard to find b) extremely picky and c) a job I would not want to undertake lol, good luck!

19. prekoshus

prekoshus New Member

GPU:
    MSI 250 GTS 1GB
    just ordered a x4 9600 BE to replace my x2 5200+ ..... was real cheap, so no issue if im not happy will just use it for another build. just want confirmation that i will notice slight improvement for HD video editing. I just didnt want to spend much on a new cpu as i plan on starting a new build sometime this year. i also bought coolermaster hyper n520 cooler... so i expect i would be able to over clock either cpu fairly well.... opinions wanted and appreciated

20. grolla

grolla Member

GPU:
    8800gt sli
    I think that was a bad upgrade.
    I just had a 9600be @ 2.3ghz - 2.6ghz overclocked, phenom cpu have a bug and is more o.c limited.
    the cpu model 9650 havn't the bug because was the second revision.

Now i buy a used PII 545 3.0ghz for 35€ and i reach in Overclock with M2N-SLI Deluxe 3.9ghz stable Rock solid 15x260. 4050mhz unstable with my new noctua d14.
    maybe i will buy a crossfire able like biostar 790gx a2.

with my PII955 BE I reach 19.5 x201 3.95ghz rock solid with noctua D14 3-fan :D

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011