Phenom II now "supported" on M2N-SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by ST19AG_WGreymon, Feb 4, 2009.

1. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    Ty for the info, I will stick with what I have at the moment then as the only issue I have is having to set the multiplier with Nvidia tools. Other than that I have no issues with my current Bios and I was hoping that this would solve the multiplier issue.

2. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    I guess TheWiz spurred Asus into getting in gear with BIOS updates.

Thread info has been updated.

What did you guys use to flash this BIOS?

The built-in utility or the Windows-based utility?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  3. Synapzz

Synapzz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 6950 1G
    I used EZ flash (built-in) and it worked fine.

4. blizard985

blizard985 Member

GPU:
    GigaByte GTS 250 1GB
    installed bios 5001 via asus utility 7.17.17 everything is ok, but ntune is needed for proper functionality of am3 cpu ;/

5. yota79

yota79 New Member

GPU:
    GTS 250 Palit
    For me is the same , the multiplier non change and i have more problem in the bios screen with the keybord not function property.

I become to 1803AM3 that for me works fine that this (5001).

6. blizard985

blizard985 Member

GPU:
    GigaByte GTS 250 1GB

the same issue with keyboard as well

7. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    I have the keyboard issue with 1701 and I have to use a PS2 adapter to make changes in the bios with a keyboard. If the multiplier is still not working properly then I will stick with what I have as all runs smooth.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  8. yota79

yota79 New Member

GPU:
    GTS 250 Palit
    Here a small test to the fastest frequency on the processor (overclocked by ntune, bios 1803AM3 )

Not bad, that i'd like to change the multiplier on the bios and not from windows

Thanks to Glabro76 for Motherboard Cpu and patient!!!!

[​IMG]

9. dadams

dadams Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon HD6870
    It seems I've reached a point where I'm running out of ideas. All the applications on my PC keeps on crashing randomly, including a BSOD thrown into the mix here and there. Currently running 1802, and I also just finished a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and still no luck. Considered flashing with 5001 but having my doubts that it will actually sort the problem as I'm pretty sure this must be a hardware problem (Motherboard, RAM or Graphics card) but surprisingly I didn't have this issues with my Athlon X2 4200+. I've also been running BlueScreenView in the background with the hope of pinpointing the problem, but each BSOD seems to be cause by a different component/service - Windows 7, NVIDIA, AMD, RAM etc. Hopefully I can sort this otherwise it will have to be a new Mobo and RAM.

So, gentleman, any suggestions?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  10. blizard985

blizard985 Member

GPU:
    GigaByte GTS 250 1GB

i have similar random crashes and bsod when my RAM is set to 800mhz, setting to 667 resolve the problem, maybe lower you RAM...

11. dadams

dadams Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon HD6870
    And what do I do when I have Corsair PC-5300 (667MHz)? Should I lower it to 533? (Should have bought 800, but I just can't remember why I didn't)

12. blizard985

blizard985 Member

GPU:
    GigaByte GTS 250 1GB
    i'm not an expert, but yes, try it, maybe that helps

13. Sopo

Sopo Member

GPU:
    2x 8800GTS Sli
    Isn't this a powersupply problem?

Greetings, I like this read a lot! I got infected too and bought myself a 955BE. Trying to update the bios I trashed it completely, but found a supposedly broken M2N SLI Deluxe that works perfectly, :)HAHA! Changed the soldered trashed bioschip on the first one for a socket, popped in the other chip and now I have 2 working boards.
    I ordered 2 empty bioschips, ready for testing the next mod when the fresh cooler arrives.

14. blizard985

blizard985 Member

GPU:
    GigaByte GTS 250 1GB

the same thought i have, thanks, i must buy new psu ..

15. AceTK

AceTK Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX-560TI @ 1Ghz
    Excellent, as you have a removable rom chip you would be an excellent candidate for testing out the next 1901 revision. This next version will feature the X6 chip support too.

16. TheWiz

TheWiz Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4850 OC
    Updates

Hey Guys,

sorry it has been so long since you heard from me, my trip was cancelled due to the volcano, so I never made it into Europe, which is good news for you guys because I will be providing an update for these boards. I never got a chance to reread the full thread, but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what is now working in rev 5001, and what issues there are. Also, did the update ASUS make do a better or worse job compared to my update :p

Anyways, I have gotten a copy of the microcode for the X6, so that will be soething asus will probably not update that I hope to. Also to dadams, I will be able to post that dmp now that I am not leaving, and during the week sometime you can contact me personally via IM and I will try my best to debug your system. (I feel bad it took so long to get going again :D)

To ASUS, I hope I made you realize that one person gets more done in a week then you do it a month.

Info regarding what's new and what needs to be in order is appreciated. Sos far I have on my list update microcode, and X6 support and remove music alarm.

Thanks,
    TheWiz

17. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    The Mulitplier still needs to be set manualy Wiz with the 955BE. The setting in the Bios does not work and Nvidia tools still needs to be used.

18. Sopo

Sopo Member

GPU:
    2x 8800GTS Sli
    Only thing missing is a sponsor for the X6 processor!

Asus?

You can reach me on PM too!

19. AceTK

AceTK Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX-560TI @ 1Ghz

lol yeah or the 10 emails i sent them, the last three being slightly extra snotty due to a lack of reply. Still though have not had a reply, but i did link them to this and other forums to show i was requesting on behalf of many people. Im curious about this new bios they have released tho, will get into testing it soon....

Yeah np, tbh ive been eyeballing the Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition but i cant see it coming for me anytime soon as im saving up for a fermi. :p

***Update

I'm chatting to a boffin at ASUS tech support right now who worked on the new bios......... check back here for updates....

*****Update 2

Ant> hello
    ASUSTech-David01> hi
    Ant> hi firstly id like to ask if you are familiar with the updates that are made to current am2+ boards to allow for the AM3 support?
    ASUSTech-David01> i can find out
    Ant> excellent, ok well atm using the M2N-SLi Deluxe ive tried all your available bios updates and even the new one still has the issue.
    Ant> now ive actually done some digging myself and even made myself a beta bios using CBROM with updated AGESA code. this beta bios actually saw the processor name but still exibited the x4 multiplier lock issue
    Ant> now ive reverted back to the official bios for the purpose of this union
    Ant> but it would appear that the AGESA is not the issue
    Ant> now as i understand there is a register within the cpu detection potion of the bios that defines wether a dual power plane cpu is supported or not. perhaps this is the issue. after much searching online and talking to bios modders they suggesed that the code is so deep within the bios that only asus may be able to make this change
    Ant> atm the 955BE works ok but i must force voltage and set multiplier in windows with nvidia tuner or phenom msr tweaker. also as im forcing the setting CnQ does not work and the cpu runs quite hot
    Ant> anyhoo, ideas? lol
    ASUSTech-David01> well...
    ASUSTech-David01> 1 moment
    Ant> ok
    ASUSTech-David01> so it is the 955BE cpu u are wanting to use?
    Ant> indeed
    Ant> its in running now
    ASUSTech-David01> well i am not sure why it is running at all since Asia doesn't support it on this board, but nice job.
    Ant> haa
    Ant> i know its not on the offical list
    ASUSTech-David01> Having said that, there is nothing else that Asus will do.
    Ant> hear me out though, i know its possible as biostar had a close model board that had an AM3 update
    Ant> there must be a way to do it
    Ant> even if you could just tell me why it reverts to the x4
    ASUSTech-David01> all that stuff is done in Asia HQ not North America.
    Ant> so you have no "bios gurus" on site at all?
    Ant> as you are my point of contact could you contact the relevant department and get the ball rolling please. Its just there are alot of people depending on this and im contacting you on my own and their behalf
    ASUSTech-David01> no, no 1 here in NA. i can give u head quarters number though
    Ant> hmm, im in uk could be expensive to call taiwan
    Ant> ok whats the number?
    ASUSTech-David01> +886-2-2894-3447 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************+886-2-2894-3447******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    Ant> cool. ok ive tried googling but i cant find the taiwan live chat support like this
    Ant> is there anyway i can do the live chat support with asia branch or perhaps use skype?
    ASUSTech-David01> no, there is none
    Ant> ok unrelated question while im here
    Ant> do you know when asus are going to release some AM3, DDR3, SLI mobos?
    ASUSTech-David01> no, we know when you and every1 in the world knows.
    ASUSTech-David01> well, if we read tech news we know.
    Ant> ah fair enough. thats the reason im eeeking out this mobo for so long
    ASUSTech-David01> well, lots of luck in the future
    Ant> lets just hope the new x8 / x12 / x16's on socket g34 in 2011 support sli
    Ant> thanks
    Ant> goodbye

As you can see ASUS are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.......

..... feel free to ring taiwan anyone.... lol

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  20. AceTK

AceTK Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX-560TI @ 1Ghz
    Sigh.... ive just been playing on asus live support again. I thought perhaps its like one of those crazy text adventure games, maybe if I asked the right question in the right way id get some progress. After multiple logons and conversations I can honestly say that asus are just so lazy its unreal. Even the delay between replys is at 5 / 10 mins long sometimes and even in one case they just didnt reply for over 20 mins then ended. Pretty much every question is given a quick unspecific response.

most sessions are dumb like this :-

Chad Ricker> How can I help you?
    Ace> hello yes you can please
    Ace> i need help with the beta bios listed on your site for my motherboard
    Ace> i was talking to someone before you and they go disconnected
    Ace> i need to speak with the beta bios department
    Ace>
    Ace> i have feedback regarding the bios, my 955BE has the multiplier stuck at x4, and CnQ is inoperable as I have to force the cpu core voltage. The multiplier can only be set in windows with phenom msr tweaker or nvtools
    Ace> as a result the cpu runs hot and above TDP
    Chad Ricker> We do not provide support for overclocking.
    Ace> im not overclocking
    Chad Ricker> You are overclocking.
    Ace> its worrying that you cant understand this
    Ace> i thought this was live tech support
    Ace> can you put on a senior engineer please

The Representative has left the session