pfft who needs a 120hz megabucks monitor anyway

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by davetheshrew, Mar 30, 2011.

1. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
  2. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    +100000000000 for 120hz 2D.

Can't look at 60hz anymore. It's painful.

-scheherazade

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    +2 for 120hz 3d red-cyan

4. Racer11

Racer11 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 960

5. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    I tried IZ3D out today with metro 2033 DX9 with a pair of magenta/green glasses and custom color settings.
    It's amazing that the affect works so well. However, I have a lot of residual magenta and green color, which sucks. Also I can't seem to get it perfect when configuring the convergence and separation settings. But I guess that's trial and error.
    It looks pretty cool but far from ideal. I've actually never seen a "real" 120hz 3d setup.

Anyway, how can I get rid of the residual color, especially the green? I figure I have to change the "greenness" level in the color matrix. Right now it is at the default m10=".3333" m11=".3333" m12=".3333" . I saw that some use m10="0" m11="1" m12="0" (for the left eye). Any tips?

Another problem is that in metro, when you start to increase seperation, your gun disappears!

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  6. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    theres a new beta 1.13, has a new interface and anaglyph is now much improved :)

7. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ^ Tried it. Didn't see much of a difference...

8. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    dunno mate works a lot better for me and better profiles and also new profiles for new AAA titles.

9. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, I gotta get some better glasses, maybe those pro Ana ones.
    Btw, to activate a profile do you just choose it from the list and hit apply? And do they include anything more than just preset convergence and separation levels?
    Thanks m8

10. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    yep and yeah they only have set sep/conv levels dude :) its good though stops the arseing around with settings lol

11. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for your reply, man. I actually don't mind changing the con and sep levels ingame. It takes a second and ideal levels really depend on the scene you are on.

I get pretty bad ghosting; my right eye sees a bit of the left eye's green picture (my glasses are L-green, R-magenta), and when I'm mostly concerned with objects close to me, I adjust convergence to get rid of this ghosting at that distance. When I'm in a scene where objects are farther away, I adjust it accordingly.

That's why I'm hoping that better glasses will result in less of this ghosting and I won't need to mess with convergence all the time.

Do you (or anyone here) by any chance lose sight of the weapon in metro when seperation is anywhere above ~6? For me after three seperation clicks it just disappears...

12. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gun fix: use simple stereo projection mode

13. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    hy guys, just got a pair of stereoscopic 3d red-cyan glasses (cheap ones) and i tried with the nvidia 3d settings, it works, i can see 3d, but the colors are washed out, i tried with the iZ3d driver, but don't know what configuration to use? any advice? thx.

14. imthelumberjack

imthelumberjack Member

GPU:
    2x 580gtx sli
    After playing around with a good pair of anaglyph red/cyan glasses I am extremely impressed by the quality of depth it can deliver and the sharpness of the scenes. Unfortunately the anaglyph glasses come at the cost of dulling a good deal of the colors in games and some strong eye rivalry occur in areas with white.

I am curious if other color combinations have proved better for other people? While the cyan lens provides great color the red lens completely dominates all colors making it so that that everything becomes almost variations of greens when viewed with both eyes.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  15. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    820M/2GB
    ^ Amber / blue is best IMO but that still depends on which colors are dominating the displayed picture, and the differences are not spectacular either.

16. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    lol i remember starting this thread being really arrogant imo, now I have nvidia vision 3d and a cracking monitor I feel I must retract my statement :) stereo 3d is fricken awesome and surpasses all expectations! glad I started this though it gives a nice entry point into 3d.

17. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 570
    I've used iZ3D driver before on my XP.
    But after I use win 7 I don't use it any more because nvidia stereo driver can do anaglyph just fine.
    I found this thread and interested using iZ3D again to try the yellow/blue anaglyph.

Then I found something: firefox 5 wont start if iZ3D stereo is enabled!!

First I thought it was firefox's problem since firefox is famous for crashing and I tried to download firefox 5.01 using opera (opera works just fine).
    But even the installation file can't finish extracting itself, stopped at 96% or something and then died.
    I extracted the installation file manually and run setup, but it also crashed!!

Then I remembered about iZ3D driver. I disabled the stereo, started firefox and whala, it worked..!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  18. johnny87au

johnny87au Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 480's / Wc'd ek
    do you have to use the red/blue glasses? Because i have 6x pair of 3D tv glasses.. if not i'll have to purchase a pair..

19. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    yes I would expect this would be conflicting with the iz3d driver as firefox is the only browser suporting HTML5 nvidia stereo 3d in youtube vids at this moment, YT3D is the search term :)

20. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I had no idea. I think its really neat. Crysis 2 looks awesome, and NFS-HP is amazing.
    What i did was download the beta driver and activated whichever game profile. No fiddling.

Cheers man.