Pes 2017

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Bond!JamesBond!, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    PC version (based on the demo) looks like a last-gen port alongside the superior PS4 version.

Why Konami keep insisting on releasing gimped PC versions I do not know because Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain runs on the same Fox engine and that not a lazy last gen port of the PS3/Xbox 360 games with current gen models like this game is.

May buy it for PS4 at some point but I have FIFA 17 pre-ordered for PC for now, solely for The Journey mode which I really liked the look of in the demo.

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Bought it this week on PC, one of the worst football games in the past decade. Ridiculously poor. Recommend it only to people that aren't football fans. Gameplay wise this is below even amateur game development student level compared to FIFA.

Footy game credentials: Played every football game ever released since around 1982, including every PES and every FIFA ever released.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You need the console version to understand how good this is. The PC version is an old gen knock off. The console version is the best footy game I've ever played.

Long story short: you bought the wrong game.

Nice credentials though.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Well no, I knew the PC version was the lesser version, I didn't realise how much lesser it was, I still hoped it had some of that old PES magic from days gone by of playing on the PS2 but it was horrible in every way possible from top to bottom. Fortunately I only paid £14 but still feel like I overpaid! Considering my PS4 is sat at the summerhouse gathering dust buying the PS4 version wouldn't have done me much good ;)

Many people have said the gameplay of the PC version is the same as the PS4 version and that it's just visuals that are different, but it simply cannot be because if the PS4 version played as bad as the PC version there'd be a hell of a lot more negativity surrounding the PS4 version than there is!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I for one haven't played the PC version of PES 2017 but from what I'm hearing, it's a fair bit worse than the PS4 version. What I do know is that PES 2017 plays so much better than FIFA 17 on my PS4. I might still get FIFA 17 for the PS4 because all of my mates are idiots and never buy anything but FIFA.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @ eclap - From what I've read and played of the PES 2017 demo on the PC and PS4, the game is inferior both visually and in terms of gameplay on PC. It's a lazy hybrid of the last gen game with last gen lighting and the player models and stadium models of the current gen versions. I believe the global lighting is missing from the PC version as it looks very flat in comparison to the demo on PS4. PS4 version feels better to play as well.

Avoid on PC. If people buy this game then Konami will just continue to release inferior ports on PC. Vote with your wallet!

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I buy Fifa on PC because it takes advantage of the PC's hardware and looks better as well as having modding capabilities.

My PS4 is only for exclusives, every multi-platform game is better on PC, the only reason a game is worse on PC than consoles with their laptop hardware is developer incompetence and/or developer negligence (both apply in the example of PES).

8. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    next year guys..........next year
    they can't be supporting PS3 again, can they.
    It's so old it farts dust......

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    PS2 was supported up to 2014, so yes they will support ps3 next year too

PC is not the platform to play this game. Get it on ps4

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Fixed ;)

Just teasing, PES is not for me but if it meets anyone's perfect footballing needs that's all good :)

11. Bond!JamesBond!

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    71 is extremely generous IMO.

14. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Unless Konami's " Special Partnership " with Sony ends next year, I can honestly see PES 2018 on PC being another Last-Gen port.

15. Bond!JamesBond!

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016

16. Bond!JamesBond!

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Damn, Better than EA's work!

The future looks bright for PES....

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  17. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

Releasing another watered down F2P version shows that Konami are desperate to capture a larger audience. Don't get me wrong, PES has great gameplay but It remains flawed in many areas which haven't been fixed . FIFA offers a more authentic "Match Day" Experience which is why it sells by the shed load.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    the game to get is on ps4, not on pc, pc is just cash and grab ps3 port where konami don't give a single chilly bean fart about us pc gamers, they gave us ****ty kits for liverpool and dortmund in this latest update, who are u fooling?? we want stadiums, we want graphics like ps4.....where are those??