Performance Issues Question(For people who play Overwatch)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BlackNova92, Oct 21, 2020.

1. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    I was just wondering if anyone noticed some issues with the game lately? I was able to run the game at 240 fps just fine with my 3900x and a gtx 1080, but all of a sudden i get the lightning bolt icons followed by fps drops and the 3 dots behind the fps counter whenever it happens. I'm not sure if the latency icon only shows networking issues or hardware issues as well.

i might actually need some help here, i've tried literally everything possible. I've checked everything, reinstalled everything, including: drivers, game, windows, updated my bios and nothing is running in the background whenever i play(noth that it should be an issue with that cpu anyway, but still.) Also, it can't be overheating/throttling cause my system stays quite cool.

Also when it comes to the 3 dots, is that cpu related or gpu?
    Could it be that my cpu is putting out frames faster than the gpu can display them or something similar?
    Sorry, i've never had to deal with that issue before, even on my older, and a lot weaker system.

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT Gaming X UV
    Is your GPU close to 100% load when playing without limiter?
    For me the game is pinned to constant 100fps with Polaris in 1440p, some details reduced and in-game limiter.

3. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    I'm not sure if it's hitting high loads, rtts won't display stats for me anymore, no clue why, maybe i forgot to change something, but i don't think so.
    I usually have everything on low and using 50-100% render scale makes no difference when it comes to the latency lightning icon followed by fps drops.

It's just weird because it was working normaly before, no huge drops or anything.

4. chris_2xtreme

chris_2xtreme Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1060
    I think its the game itself, this issue seemed to have started the time the Rein/DVa skins for Overwatch League came out, people (including myself) are/were having problems with slow loading times and frame stuttering, even on high end systems.

I don't have problems with slow loading times anymore, but there are times where the fps drop is noticable.

Here's an explanation I found on the icons.
    1 is CPU
    2 is GPU
    3 dots usually mean the render thread which feeds the GPU is limiting the frame rate (It has to get processed by the CPU initially, so if you have a slow CPU but fast GPU you can only give your GPU so much data that the CPU can handle which is why the threads are limiting the framerate.).

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

try this

1. Shift-click Restart in the login screen to bring up the safe mode menu. Select the options to boot into a Command Prompt
    2. Login as your primary local user account
    3. Navigate in the command prompt to your local appdata directory (%LocalAppData% or C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local by default)
    4. Navigate to %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows
    5. del WebCache, confirm when prompted
    6. Close and start as normal. You will be prompted for privacy settings on login, but they will be unchanged from your previously set preferences.