Performance boost for most games.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, May 11, 2014.

1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    thanks. it's good to know. But on the pc I'm testing it on is i5-3330 with r7-240 so i doubt this will help at all anyway but will test on my rig at home

2. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    is this working on wath dogs as well? and how efficient is it?..
    compatible with 8.1 pro x64? do I have to enable page file?

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    This tweak can boost RAM access speed. So no matter what CPU and GPU you have. And page file is not in the way.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  4. peppercute

peppercute Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    These tweaks is bull****. Example - "SessionPoolSize" and
    "SessionViewSize" for servers (remote desktop). L2cAche tweak in newest CPUs reduce system overval perfomance.

5. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Agree. ;)
    I researched them all after that screen shot and came up with nothing compelling. Most are outdated or not intended for our application.

I've yet to see results from the main tweak, although I do love Cyberdyne's tool.

Can we get some screenshots of results?

6. K-putt

K-putt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Just tried it out on the Batman - Origins and Watch Dogs.

Got about 2-3 more avarage fps in the Batman benchmark. And i got 5 more fps in watch dogs. At least in the street i used for the comparison.

7. Tomatone

Tomatone Member Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 580 8GB
    Before you use this reg tweak you need to know two things:

1. find out the name of user account, that is used to run a particular game (start game, 'taskmanager'->'processes'->'User Name')
    2. use secpol.msc to set the 'Lock pages in memory' privileg for the windows useraccount, used to run that game
    ('secpol.msc'->'Local Policies'->'User Right Assignment'->'Lock pages in memory' add related user, don't forget to restart once)

fred41 GimmeMoarFrames

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190730(v=sql.105).aspx
    Anyway, this setting has nothing in common with virtual page size setting in OP.

Edit:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/...ck-pages-in-memory-do-you-really-need-it.aspx
    I.e. this setting allows application to lock its pages. I suspect not many games aware of such opportunity.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I know but it didnt change anything for the worse, so :D

Guess I'll revert back and try Watch Dogs again, I also suffer from this weird texture streaming stutter, but by me it looks like Bioshock Infinite type of stutter, not literal pauses.. 67-59-68-68-55-69-69-69,.. vram is in check ~200-300mb free, usually ~100mb free 90% of the time.

10. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    i5 2320 , 8gb , 7790 2gb , watch dogs 2-3 fps more and more smooth with drive .

11. Super1

Super1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I didn't get any improvement
    maybe cause I only have 4gb ram ?

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    Amount of installed RAM doesn`t affect possible improvements. Insufficient amount just can lead to memory fragmentation and thus to out of memory errors.

13. DigitalKilla_FL

DigitalKilla_FL Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Watchdogs & Dirt 3

I have used this on both Watch_Dogs and Dirt3 and it works. This allowed Watch_Dogs to run with High textures (cards with 2GB of VRAM) with no hitches. Before I was forced to run medium textures for smooth game play.

Dirt 3 seems to run better as well. I will use the Dirt 3 benchmark feature to post before and after numbers.

14. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Master Guru

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Thanks to harkinsteven, mbk1969 & Cyberdyne !

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes thanks guys, ill check this out when i get home.

16. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I am going to try this and see if it fixes the mini freezes I get with CS:GO. If it does (and I hope it does), I will be absolutely ecstatic! Those freezes are enough to ruin a clutch/lose a game!

17. Super1

Super1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    harkinsteven said It's recommend to have 64bit Windows + 8gb+ Ram,
    that's way I said maybe because I only have 4gb ram,
    I didn't get improvement using this tweak ?

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    so just trying the mbk's app, this is what I did:

Search for my .exe files in the right pane, once found, clicked "Add" in the top right corner, which added them to the left pane.

That's all, right? The save function in the left pane is for exporting .reg files for specific games, correct?

Not really sure what to use the search field in the left pane for? just for adding .exe files? no path required, I assume?

EDIT: nvm, just checked in regedit, all of the ones I added are showing enabled in there so all good.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    Looks like I failed to phrase my answer.
    Attempt # 2.
    You will get improvements regardless of amount of RAM. But the less RAM you have the more possible the "out of memory" errors.

Left pane shows all that is located in registry. So adding from right pane first tries to add exe to registry and if succeeded then adds it to the left pane.

Yes. But not for specific games. All keys in registry which have "UseLargePages" value go to the generated reg-file.

At the start of project these were strictly Add field and button which just adds exe from editor field to registry. Then I added search function - in case exe is already in registry the code just selects that exe in list.
    No path required in registry keys, so if you know exe-file-name you just write it in editor field and click Add button. This is main feature of application. The search in folders feature (and whole right pane) is just helper/bonus.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  20. danilkazawa

danilkazawa New Member

GPU:
    HIS R9 270x Iceq X2 turbo

can you explain this way for the beginner step, because I can't added the exe file you mean, that says:

"cannot import C:/My file location: the specified file is not a registry script. you can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor"