1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who can afford to drive Mercedes yet suck as drivers...How?!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Flukester, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I'd really like to know first of all how someone so dumb and that can't drive ends up with a really nice Mercedes. Or how about that idiot in a Porsche who goes less than the speed limit with miles ahead of them without a car yet insist on driving right along side another driver blocking anyone from getting ahead. Sometimes it just really pisses me off when I'm trying to get to work and some dumb ass driving a super expensive car has no clue. How do retards get cars like that in the first place.

How in hell do people get to have cars like this. Either i think the car was given to them or I'm definitely doing something wrong career wise to have to drive a common car.

I mean there must be others out there wondering how they heck these people who haven't a clue how to drive have cars like these! Why? How!?

Sometimes I wish I had a James Bond car with a rocket launcher in the front.

Last night I was behind this Mercedes with a guy like in his 30s maybe early 40s driving a beautiful Mercedes and he was going 60 in a 80 zone and driving along side a honda civic not letting a mile of cars behind him get by! I must of drove 15 miles with this dunce... Yet this dunce is driving a car probably worth 10x more money than mine..

OMG irritating.

2. Austyn

Austyn Guest

I feel ure pain, thats why i tailgate them.... then first chance i get, manouver around them then slam my brake's on. whilst throwing verbal abuse at them.

I drive a honda civic myself, beautiful cars, with a beautiful v-tec engine.

It does raise a very good point thou.

Is their a pattern between bad drivers and better payed jobs?

3. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    The amount of money you make doesn't transfer into driving ability.

4. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    I work my ass off and there is no F'ing way I can afford a Mercedes or Jag... Hell I had an old Porsche which I sold off recently but it was old needed work and honestly didn't cost a huge amount($35K, I was single at the time). These are new cars, not rentals or lease.

Catch this, the day before last I saw this old lady(60's maybe 70's) driving a really beautiful Jag... she was driving 45 in a 80 zone! People were cutting her off because the dumb ass was driving in the passing lane and wouldn't go over to the slow lane... Did she clue in? No...Her car was probably worth the value of my house...This other moron at the electronics shop was parked across 2 lanes in his Porsche...the store lot was pretty full and he wasn't there when I arrived, I saw it when I got out. I had half the mind to walk up to his car and run my key along the side of it...He must of really pissed off the guy in the mustang because the front of his porsche was blocking the passenger side...Like how much of a retard do you have to be to do something stupid like that...

And we wonder why there is road rage... lmao...

Another time, a Hummer was parked literally 3 inches from my side view mirror, I couldn't open the door my son and I had to get in from the other side of the car... like wtf..(My son was like look Dad what a bad driver. My son is only 5, he was going on about when he gets a Hummer he wont be dumb and park like that. I had to chuckle... I told him, good, you don't want to do that because people wont like you.)

Maybe it's ignorant ass people like this that just push some over the edge, like the school shootings...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007

5. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    No thats true, but I would think in this time and age you have to have some intelligence to have the money to afford cars like this. I work in a extremely stressful environment and make 'ok' money but when I see people like this it just doesn't seem very fair or right. The number of these people is increasing too...

6. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    You don't necessarily have to be intelligent to make a lot of money.
    A lot of intelligent people are very cautious drivers.

7. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    What's the point of that? That's just going to cause an accident.

Yes it is frustrating when someone drives slowly, I see it all the time, but just wait til you see a safe overtaking place and go past.. then forget about them. No point being up their ass and then slamming your brakes on in front of them.

There are a lot of idiot drivers on the road, not necessarily in expensive cars. and they were obviously at one point of a good enough standard to get their license.

Trouble is over time they can pick up bad habits and change their driving style dramatically. They also may not have covered everything involved in day to day driving in their driving lessons.

You can be dumb and have money and can then afford nice cars, but then again they may be very intelligent but just not a very good driver. Lots of possibilities.

8. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Are you a CEO?

9. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    People buy cars like that for the image, so that the mortals driving their Hondas and Toyotas know that the person in the 35000 quid Merc E-class is a better person than them - it's nothing to do with performance.

10. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    I drive the speed limit, but most people don't around here (kinda have too since my car is loud as ****), so they tailgate me and thats ****ing annoying honestly. I feel your pain though, there's lots of schools around my commute to work, and sometimes I get stuck in such heavy ass traffic, gets pretty nasty.

11. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Driving slow is one thing. But I was behind an old lady the other day (looked to be late 70s maybe early 80s) that was not only going 20 in a 45 (MPH) zone, but she was also driving off the road and into the oncoming traffic. Constantly. I had to pull back well over 100 feet from her from fear of her slamming into one of the big dump trucks cruising at 50 going the opposite direction. I was able to see her face and she clearly didn't have a clue what was going on, kind of the "lights are on but nobody's home" look. Luckily she pulled off the road to go visit the antiques shop so that she was no longer holding up the rush hour traffic.

People like that need to have their licenses revoked. She clearly wasn't in control of her gigantic late-model Mercury and was proving to be a hazard to all drivers on the road.

12. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    the worst for me is people jaywalking.. i just flipping hate it.. what i usually do is put the car on low gear, revv the mofo and zoom off real close.. the bastards are bound to learn something from that...

road is for cars, pavements are for people..

People in nice cars? well if i see someone my age (18) driving a flipping expensive car i generally try to overtake them closely to scare them a little.. (i have a crappy car).

13. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    best part is when you're on the highway, massive traffic jam.

Slowly you move up through the quicker lane, and all of a sudden it's 100% clear ahead of you.

You're like WTF?

You look back, and there's like a trick in the right lane, and someone who just doesn't care in the middle lane...

And ALL OF TRAFFIC is slowly funneling through the one lane that's clear enough to let people pass.

Then combined with the people who are back in traffic thinking "this is so slow i won't try" it just takes even longer for traffic to funnel through.

And, you know that the guy that 'just doesn't give a crap' is having a great day. I mean, traffic is wonderful. clear ahead for miles. rear-view mirror doesn't come to mind at all.

-scheherazade

14. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    Common sense is not so common my friend. My friends and I refer to it as "uncommon sense".

And by the by; it's not road rage, it is road JUSTICE.

15. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    That's what I was thinking, most people who have the smarts to have high paying jobs and can easily afford such cars usually do not have and pardon the pun "Street Smarts" aka Common Sense.

My brother for example is the head sports writer for the Dallas paper, he is very smart solid A's in school very intelligent. But, his driving is slow and painful, I hate it. He has almost no Street Smarts what so ever, he can barely even turn a computer on and he can't do anything mechanical, I had to teach him how to make a grilled cheese and how to change wiper blades on his car...lol

I thank God that I may have sucked in school, but I have all the common sense and "street smarts" in the world.

16. flat3sand5s

flat3sand5s Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX260 SLI
    Here in the states, any damn fool with a credit rating (good or bad) can lease or buy one, make a payment or two, and default on the payment. Then drive it until they come and take it back.

17. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    My Uncle was the head of Naval Intelligence and a nuclear sub captain for 20+ years, he drives 55 maximum.

18. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    How about people blocking intersections while waiting for red light at the next intersection? How about people blocking traffic while picking up and dropping off their children at schools? How about people who drive their cars all by themselves to work during rush hours? How about people talking on phones while driving? I HATE people who don't treat motor vehicles as power tools that must be used safely. Would you talk on phone while cutting wood on a table saw?

19. Shaman391

Shaman391 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 66GT 128mb@600/1320 1.6ns
    I hate ppl who goes 60 in 80 km/h zone, or those in the city, who drive in a speed line very slow. But I know how to get them pissed off too. I overtake them and drive even slower than they are... that make me smile :)

20. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I hate when a guy stops at a 4-way stop when I'm a block away, and then makes a left in front of me when i finally get to the stop sign.