People upgrading in 2015, what phone are you getting?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Bentez, Jan 20, 2015.

1. CDJay

CDJay Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE SLI
    Absolutely the same here, although I'm jumping straight in (you get the docking station Gratis with the 950XL until Feb 16th)

Already running Win 10 mobile on my (green1) 1520. :)

CDJay

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    I must say, outside of all the phones i've bought(S3 G3 G4 Note 5) and the one i played with, the Note 5 tops all phones ever made and currently available, it's not perfect(lack of sd and removable battery), but the performance are the best thing on earth, especially with root and Arter97 kernel.

No other phone can run tekken 6 ppsspp emulator at 60fps on 1440p.

3. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    hopping GS7 fix all problems S6 family have in mention USB 3.0+

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Managed to get my hands on a free sony xperia m2. Not great but will tide me over for another yr maybe...

Cameras on phones getting better and better then I might splash out top dollar..

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    While it's not my job anymore in my school district I work for, I still get communications from Google. Verizon is getting the Blackberry Prim, and the Prim participates in Google's business plan for profiles, google management, and device management. So that means we can get them, and my work line might be upgraded to one since all they gave me in this job as an old iPhone 5C. The sad part is, I set this phone up for me in my old position! My Nexus 6 is just sitting in a desk until my old job is filled!

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    The Priv appears to be a $740 phone based on AT&T's pricing for it. Waiting for reviews now. Nov. 6th is the availability date.

7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I must say that Huawei has surprised me with the support they give to their devices. When I bought my Honor 6 I thought that chances for lollipop are slim yet they did upgrade it 5.1.1. Now they have promised Android M for Honor 6 too.

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    With regards to development and custom roms, how are Huawei doing in that department?

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Better than nothing but not great. They haven't published lollipop sources and the KitKat ones are a bit messy. For me the stock from is good enough.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Ah, well, as long as updates and fixes are a regular thing then it's sufficient...

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    The pricing for the Priv is a bit crazy. Personally, I wouldn't pay that much for a "me too" phone....

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Plus it cannot be rooted. Blackberry locked it. So, the phone can only run the version they release for it.

Going to wait six months and then see were the price is. If it follows the usual pattern, it will be close to half that by then. If the phone is not received well, then they will be leaving the mass consumer market and only be a software company.

Verizon and the other mobile networks are playing the wait and see game; letting AT&T be the guinea pig.

13. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Oneplus X

I've been looking for a 5inch phone with decent specs at a decent price for far too long.

14. Garnet Michaels

Garnet Michaels New Member

GPU:
    128 GB
    My service provider is giving me a Samsung Note 5 as loyalty reward.

15. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Got the z5 compact, don't like phones where my thumb can't reach the top, and that rules out all 5"+ screens.

Liking the compact a lot so far.

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Hows the camera?

17. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Went for the Nexus 5X yesterday should arrive on the 12th (black out of stock). Looking forward to the nexus experience for a change.

18. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti FE
    Getting a S6 64gb version mid january - it's a work related offer, have to fork out :

3800DKR which includes a subscription with 5 hours talk time and 2gb data (don't talk much and always on wifi at home)

That translates into :
    510 euros
    361 GBP
    546 USD

Not too shabby I guess :D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  19. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Sounds like a good deal.

20. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Got to play with my new Nexus 5X last night and this morning and really liking it so far. Feels snappy, the screen is lovely and the new fingerprint login works very nicely.

Not got my USB-C to A cable yet (annoyingly only the 6P comes with an adapter in the box) so cant transfer music on yet, got everything setup installed and updated though so the battery is sitting at 50% ish will see how it lasts the day.

Went for the Adopted frost case which should arrive today alongside my USB cable so hopefully thatll fit nicely. Build quality is definitely plasticky so go for the 6P if you want any kind of premium feel, the power/volume buttons especially feel really naff but work well enough at least.