People upgrading in 2015, what phone are you getting?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Bentez, Jan 20, 2015.

1. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I hope the new N5 comes out within a reasonable amount of time. My 2013 N5 is really starting to get iffy. Power button is being weird, and it's gotten pretty laggy. It's time for a new phone...

I guess that goes to show you, you get what you pay for. The Nexuses are good phones but they aren't really meant to hold up to 2 years of abuse.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There's a new N5 coming???

Mine blew the speakers out....lol. No more speaker phone function.

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    28th of September is the current rumour for release but as someone who's bought every nexus at release it's close to imposable to get one unless you sit and and hammer buy the second it goes live.

4. gdallsk

gdallsk Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Getting an iPhone 6S Plus next month to retire my old 4S. The difference in size between these two is gonna be immense with my tiny hands, although I did want a bigger screen for a while now.

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Stick with the 4S, that's what EVERYBODY keeps saying. They say the best ever iphone was the 4S. It went downhill after that...

Don't ask me why, it's what iphone users have been saying. When I ask why, they say it was the perfect size, great build quality, etc...

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Was not the 4S the last iPhone Stephen Jobs was involved with?

7. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not really. The 4S was great in terms of design, but the 5/5S to me looked the best. 6 has a much more modern screen size though. I didn't like the 6's design, but unfortunately had no choice while I moved to Japan (not willing to pay the same price for a carrier locked Android). TouchID is great and probably my favorite Apple feature, otherwise the app ecosystem is overrated, nothing really special but games and apps do seem alot smoother or better optimized if it is cross platform. I use both Android and Apple phones daily, so I've learned to love their strengths and avoid their weaknesses.

8. gdallsk

gdallsk Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    That's what made me buy it actually, back at the time when the 5 was around. Now, it just feels sluggish as hell, and makes me want to upgrade to something with a bit more oomph. :D

9. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
  10. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Note 5 64GB

Enjoying my 5 apps at a time before they close :)

11. MasterBash

MasterBash Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I love my Galaxy S5, I will definitely not buy a new phone but I do wish I had gotten the Xperia Z3+... It seems so good.

I definitely do not use my phone a whole lot, but the s5 was definitely one my best purchases this year.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Lollipop update started rolling out for Honor 6 apparently. It's officially out in India but not yet here in Europe.

14. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    why os so heavy???? they cant reduse ram usage?

15. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Been with google since the G1 and after the absolutely horrendous support my Note 4 received (aka none at all) I have gone to the dark side with a 6s plus. It's going to take a while to adjust to the simplicity of ios but so far so good

16. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Whats Note 4 support got to do with Google? Thats all down to Samsung.

The fragmentation issue is the biggest downfall of Android though.

17. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Never blamed google bud. I just know that if I stuck with google or came back it will always have to be a nexus. Samsung is never getting another dime of mine when it comes to phones and tablets is all i know

18. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I have never been so conflicted on what phone to get in my life. I can't decide if I should get the Nexus 5X, the 6P or the iPhone 6S plus. iPhone is back in the picture for me, because if I can't have to customization that nexus/roming gives me, I might as well have the stability that apple gives. Not to mention live photos and a few other things they have are really cool.

19. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    My bad thought you were saying it was googles fault about Note 4 support :p

I don't think you're the only one, the main reason for android is customisation/ROMS/Rooting but if things like Google Pay wont work with that then that makes it less appealing as id quite like to use NFC again (used to use EE Cash on tap before switching to a custom ROM).

iPhones are nice hardware and the biggest software issues have been solved in recent iOS version but there's still the stupid lightning cable and iTunes that puts me off those.

20. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Yeah that would be silly to say because there are companies that keep their stuff up to date in a timely fashion. Its just that samsung releases way too many models what seems like every six months now and once they do you might as well consider the old one obsolete -unless you want to take the side road and custom rom the stuff which my old geezer ass cannot really keep up with any more. Having said that I have no intentions of replacing the nexus 9 and shield tv with apple versions any time soon.
    Was also going to wait for the new nexus phones but the 5x is not really an upgrade from the note 4 and the 810 in 6p scares me because it has been a disaster in everything its been used in to date. I hope i am wrong and they have found a way to tame the thing