People upgrading in 2014, what phone are you getting?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Bentez, Apr 16, 2014.

1. alsultan88

alsultan88 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 512mb
    Samsung grand neo

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm almost certain that I will switch to Z3 Compact. I'll give my Lumia 920 to my father or mother.

3. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I love my HTC m8 so much that I could care less about any new phones and their specs

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I here you on that just wish firewater would work on my version. So I could play around with some roms.

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I'm not upgrading yet, happy enough with my galaxy s3, still has another year warranty anyway.

but got a OnePlus One ordered for my dad to replace his old S2, he's wanted a bigger phone for ages and this is great specs for the price. Got a sandstone black 64gb, it's at the local post office so will collect tomorrow or Saturday and report back!

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Lumia 730 seems a nice phone
    maybe i am a bit to old to take more "open source " from Android/Google

7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm disappointed about the size of the new Windows phones. I wonder why every damn phone must have 5" or larger screen... and if they don't they usually suck in specs.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm disappointed in the way MS has handled Windows Phone. My next upgrade won't come until after WP9 launches so hopefully MS will make actual improvements to the UI and Nokia won't release more fisher-price inspired phones..... I refuse to own a phone that looks like it was designed by a toy company and I'm pretty much done with Android phones.

9. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Wait for galaxy note 4!!!!!!!!

10. petters0n

petters0n Guest

GPU:
    2g
    went from iphone 4 to 4s....really cheap now

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    iam MORE interested ***351;wht fingerscanner phones. what r they. so far S5 and iphone 5s and 6 has it. HTC one m7 big has it .what else?

12. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    @sykozis: same here, I'll wait for WP9 devices, current high end lumias remind me of the L900 from 2011, underwhelming, but even worst that 930's fat plastic back panel looks pathetic, if only sony decided to port their Z3-Z3 compact to WP like htc did with their M8.. these phones look stunning and running best in class hardware with unique features

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I almost bought a Lumia 635 but the fisher-price inspired plastic body just kills it. The hardware isn't "high-end" and the UI is rather dull and boring but Cortana (if the commercials are accurate) seems like a more useful feature than "Google Now". I also like that you can actually disable some of the tracking "features" in WP, unlike Android. I'm really growing to dislike how intrusive Google really is. Hopefully WP9 will be out by next summer cuz that's when I'll be looking to upgrade again.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    As I recall the s4 active is a lcd screen rather than an oled, so I'm not sure the reason to get that over a z1, unless you prefer the interface. S4 will have slightly better media support, but those two are powerful enough to power through it in software mode

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

I see, although I think both are LCD, Lumia925 had infinite contrast and 3k under sunlight and that is OLED if Im not mistaken.

Yeah I really like Samsung GUI, but that Z1 has better camera, cpu and gpu under the hood.. And this is what kinda bugs me by S4, but then again I see S4 has 4hr longer endurance rating. :infinity: :D

I would mostly buy a smartphone for camera, wifi and music, don't do calls much.

17. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Oneplus One easy, it really is a fantastic phone and considerably cheaper than anything else for the specs. It's got current flagship specs for about half the price. Battery is great as well. I really recommend it.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hm interesting, I see it has great specifications, looks good too, but not available locally..
    Just in some online store
    http://oneplus.eu/

Although its kinda big 5.5" and 64gb a bit over my budget.. Will still keep an eye on it, thanks :)

19. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    That's not the real store, that website sells the Chinese version that doesn't support all EU mobile frequencies properly, and it doesn't even come with Android, they unofficially put it on themselves.

If you're in Europe I'd use the UK one, can get an invite or pre-order from next month.
    Got my dad a 64GB Sandstone Black, very jealous of it, destroys my Galaxy S3, I want one!

http://oneplus.net/uk/one

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  20. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    Wait for the Z3 to launch in stores over there and the Z2 will plummet to current Z1 prices shortly. Z2 has a much better screen (IPS) and dual speakers (and 4K video if you care). I'm personally grabbing a Z3 from a Z, but I'm pretty much forced to due to moving to a different country where my old Z's bands are incompatible, and that the new copper color looks amazing.

With Sony phones, I think GSMArena doesn't test with Stamina mode on, enabling that and properly setting it up (with the apps you need) you can squeeze out a few more hours.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014