Pentium 4 2.4b @ 3.4Ghz with Stock Cooling!!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Area512004, Feb 20, 2005.

1. pha|anx

pha|anx Guest

I don't fear a ban from this forum, as I haven't violated the rules. I've seen many results of 2.4B's, yet never have I seen any produce such grandiose results as your claiming. I usually end up showing frauds for what they are, the hard way-- ask AsianCC, he knows all about that lol :D

I still say you have a miracle chip, if this is a real overclock. 2.4B's still suck, and that opinion is not mine alone-- and yes I have owned '2' 2.4B's to have some relatively decent proof to back that claim (SL6EF, SL6PC)

what exact step is this chip? C1 what? 1.725 volts as I said could "in theory" do it, as thats over the max safe-- and what I had. if you reread what I posted, never once did I outright call you 'BS'. only a liar has something to fear, so if you tell the truth then why are you worrying what someone else charges you with? just computers afterall

:)

2. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Well to be honest, i cant really be bothered to dismantel my computer to tell you the exact stepping mate, seeing as i dont really need to prove anything to you.

Also, regarding this
    "never once did I outright call you 'BS'"
    after rereading your posts, here is a few of your words,

"you either got a 'miracle chip',or your lying through your teeth "
    "but nothing miraculous like 3.4-- and assuredly nothing absurd like 3.6 "
    "photoshop is a cheap program when someone 'shares it' for free "

Hmm seems to me you did call outright BS.

Im sorry both of your 2.4b's didnt reach any higher than 3.2ghz, BUT mine does, deal with it mate and move on, as you say,
    ITS ONLY COMPUTERS :) .

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  3. pha|anx

pha|anx Guest

unfortunate that, because if you were able to reach an OC that high-- you'd be a record holder I'd think

read em again mate. it wasn't ever written in stone :D

4. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    YAY!!! :D
    ---
    But anyway,
    On with the thread, or have you scared everyone away, in fear of being called a lier :) .

5. Subtestube

Subtestube Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N68128DH 6800 NU
    I've been experimenting a little with my own P2.4B, and (from those in the know) what is a reasonable middle ground temperature for these things? With a very mild overclock (2.6 Gig) I'm going up to 54 degrees with Prime95 going full bore, but I understand from someone over at NVNews that 57 is a pretty tolerable temp to aim for as a max under full constant load. Any other opinions on this?

6. Sobe

Sobe Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Download CPU-Z and tell us your stepping...

7. Subtestube

Subtestube Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N68128DH 6800 NU
    Here're the details from CPU-Z:
    Intel Pentium 4 Northwood, Brand ID 9.
    Package: mPGA-478
    Tech: 0.13 nano Voltage: 1.52v
    Spec: Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz
    Family:F Model: 2 Stepping: 7
    Revision: C1

I've currently taken it up to 2.7 Gig. Everything seems smooth at this clock, but I've not yet got it up to full temp - Prime95 is currently running in max heat mode.

Edit: I should say again - I WON'T be voltmodding.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005