1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCSX2 anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Loophole35, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Just wondering if anyone else is using this and if they have any setting they would like to share to make the games scale better or any games I should maybe try to pick up.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Great emu, the dev/s deserve a hi-five for their work. Wouldnt be able to play some of my fav games if it wasnt for there constant support and and hard work.

As for settings well i just click on stuff until it works, though its not often i've had to change anything from default to get games working as its pretty well sorted as far as performance goes.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I had really bad screen jumping when I first set it up and lines through the picture since then I've sorted those out but just trying to find some better options like a way to get AA working I can't see a difference with it enabled and disabled but thats a minor complaint this is n awesome emulator need to go get a bunch of games from game stop rip them and try them out since my fatboy ps3 took a dues on me and my PS2's look like crap on my HDTV.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    AA -
    1.Config
    2.Video(GS)
    3.Plugin Settings
    4.Hardware Mode Settings - Ive got Enable HW Hacks ticked.
    5.Configure
    6.MSAA - Drop down box. Im on 8x and the diff is great.

Also im using the GSD X 10 plugin with Renderer set to DX11 (Hardware)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Been using it for years, Way better then ps3 fats emulation definetly makes the games look better.

It also funny to go play and old ps2 game in 1080p with AA/AF and be like wtf this looks better then some current gen games. Besides most the good RPG i have are all on ps2, PS3 total let down as far RPG's go atlest in my eyes

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    im using pcsx2 for some games id still like to play aswell.
    unfortunately allot of games still dont work properly. (not even in software mode).
    Video and audio bugs.
    You will probably need exact versions of emulators for those games,or perhaps they still need some work.
    for the games that do work i try to force 4x native scaling (some games only 3x due to performance drop).
    I also try out the MSAA hack, but thats a too big performance drop in many games. final fantasy works fine though.

here is the wiki page where you find allot of information http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=PCSX2_Wiki
    On the left you can choose various game lists which will show Known Issues for games aswell.

If the game works fine, its very much worth it.
    you can also save at any point in the game with F1 and load with F3. (or choose save/load state from the menu).

My favorite game is SSX3 btw :D (playing skipdraw 1 (removes fog), 4x native and 4xmsaa. any higher and frames will drop).

some screens

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes i use it just to play FF-X, Maximo and MGS3.

8. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Games that worked fine for me

Ace Combat 4 ( in software )
    Devil May Cry
    Fatal Frame 1,2,3 ( 1 in software mode because of the camera bug )
    Final Fantasy 10
    MGS 2 & 3
    Odin Sphere
    Persona 3 FES
    Resident Evil Code Veronica X
    Silent Hill 2
    Silent Hill Shattered Memories ( in software )
    Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

Of course there are many more that work and just as many that don't. For which you can check the link WhiteLightning posted.

In the settings you should enable multi threaded emulation of the vector unit 1. the option can be found in "hacks".
    Rest is really up to you. Like resolution, AA, hardware or software, dx9 or 11...

9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    ah PCSX2, ive been following it since its in early stages and it definitely came a long way, rendering it 3x internal res and above looks pretty crisp, tho sometimes it creates issues (which can be fixed or not with hacks)

my ol videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrCKtDSAgbo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzISn6QwLHs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JuSJDOkMVM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJF7sLuYRM

Dolphin's progress is faster tho, perhaps because the hardware is not as complex as the PS2's emotion engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-aaOYQYaZ4

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    From Q2 2018 to Q2 2019 (1 year progress report). The planets aligned and the time came. A years worth of progress reports: https://pcsx2.net/290-2018-2019-progress-report.html

It's been +10 years since I last played Ratchet & Clank (2002) on my PS2 and I'm glad I found it. I just wanted a fun 3d platformer to warm-up my thumbs before the Spyro release on PC.

The game looks just like I remembered it with beautiful environments and interesting physics. Also emulating the game allows you to improve the graphics, but software rendering seems preferable.

I heard that Insomniac Games was finally acquired by Sony (be it for good or bad), but I just wish they'll have the same freedom as before and can keep making amazing games.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I tried it a couple years ago. The interlacing artifacts made the games unplayable for me. And sadly, there's no RetroArch core for this emulator. I've been replaying some of my favorite PS1 classics over the summer, and RA gives you some simply amazing results with its CRT upscaling shaders.

Before --- After
    Before --- After

Maybe one day we'll be able to run PCSX2 like that.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah I use to be really heavy in to pcsx2 and keep up with the builds OpenGL last i check which about year ago is far far beyond DX11 at this point in accuracy but that seem to of changed for the better in the GIT builds . I still think pcsx2 does better job of making ps2 games look HD then alot of the HD remasters. they also where doing ps1 coding slowly to emulate that but it was still consider beta and very few games launched and even less were playable that was about year go too.

It still amazing to this day how brutal emulation can be even now day cpus, but anyone that familar with BSNES/HIGAN already know this cause requirement for is far far far beyond the hardware of snes.

you talking about the scanlines for ps2 games? if so that is already do able there is build in scanlines and actual shader you can configure to your liking that does at along with other stuff.
    I use Asmodean shader still not sure how update but it should be cause part othe program now https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Shaders-for-GSdx?pid=288514#pid288514

if you talking about play ps1 games on pcsx2, give it time they are working on it slowly, likes said above

I do think development picked up too I see alot new names help with builds and changes.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  13. kalub

kalub Member

GPU:
    1GB memory size
    I have not tried pcsx2 yet but I really want to do it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if you love ps2 games and dont have CRT to play the ps2 games on this is best way to play them, providing you own your own games and ps2 to make a bios and or create you own iso of your games. if you dont i would be very careful about what you say and post on the pcsx2 forums. the amount people that post that stuff cause they didnt read the rules and stickys that got banned is endless, there is no tolerance for any of that for reason, pcsx2 dev's dont want to get letter from sony