1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCI latency? a Q for Gurus

Discussion in 'Links' started by Emile, Jan 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. nEVERmore

nEVERmore Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D Geforce 6800GT 256MB (AGP)
    oh i see... coz i think my MAJOR prob about FPS will solve this using PCI LATENCY TOOL thing...

i still dont know what causes my system to play a game in a low FPS 20-30 in EVERY game settings etc. >.<

2. TheGooseyOne

TheGooseyOne Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT (411/1180)
    probably a bottleneck somewhere....probably the RAM, CPU, or mobo.

3. jdemirdj

jdemirdj New Member

Hey everyone, this tool seems to forget settings as soon as I resume from standby or hibernation state. Anyone know how to make these settings stick? I tried making it into a service, but it still has the same result. After a reboot you can only make these settings stick, not from a resume from standby or hibernation.

Thanks

4. FalcX

FalcX Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4870 X2
    I changed my vid latency to 64 but am wondering about the others: also what is the best way to post an image, so I can post a pic of it. Thx. :)

I am using the onboard sound and the only network setting that shows up is "Nvidia Network Bus Enumerator" and it is set to 0.

EDIT

Srry, meant post an image/attachment in the forums here.........

I am not allowed to post attachments.:(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005

5. TheGooseyOne

TheGooseyOne Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT (411/1180)
    to post an image in-game...use FRAPS

anywhere else, just press print screen and paste it into photoshop or something

6. jdemirdj

jdemirdj New Member

Anyone know what I can do, based on what I posted above?

Thank you!

7. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
    What should I do here?
    [​IMG]

8. TheGooseyOne

TheGooseyOne Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT (411/1180)
    lower your fx5600 down to 64

and ive never seen anything with a value of 66 before...try changing that to 64 or 32 as well

usually it goes by powers of 2, due to the binary it is based on

9. {LSK} Otacon

{LSK} Otacon Guest

My opinion, raising the PCI/AGP latencies can damage your mobo and/or card. A few FPS isnt worth a $100-$1,000 card is it?

10. NightFright

NightFright New Member

GPU:
    nvidia GF GTX 560 Ti
    Guys, THX for that tool, it´s godsent.
    Every device in my PC was set to 064, except for my GF 6800 (which was 248). After setting it to the same value as all the other devices, restarting Windows and firing up Half-Life 2, I first could not believe it, but... the annoying stuttering was gone. COMPLETELY gone.

As long as this is not considering overheating your graphics card or such, I´ll definitely stick to it.

One question though: Does the autorun entry have to remain there after the first system restart, or are the new values saved in the registry then so that you can remove the autostart item?

11. Cargozer

Cargozer New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
    Uhm again, you guys got eny good suggestions for me with the prog?

[​IMG]

BTW, sorry for the topic i ACCIDENTLY made with the wrong button :/

12. DnBtekhnic

DnBtekhnic Master Guru

GPU:
    Foxconn 8800GTX OC'd Ed.
    i have an evga 7800gtx which is 490/1350 stock, i want to up it to something like 520/1400 ... should i mess with the pci latency options in the bios or use pci tools (not sure if it's the same, but in the bios pci frequency is set to 100mhz and the other pci clock setting is set to auto i beleive, other options with this is AUTO - CPU - and 33.33MZH)? i dont get too many artifacts in 3dmark05 but cs sources locks and the error i get int he console is fragment order or something to that nature... i really dont understand the pci latency option but i wouldnt mind an explanation. thanks. btw air flow is great and when cs s locks up the card is at 60-70 so i am not sure. thanks a lot.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2005
  13. DnBtekhnic

DnBtekhnic Master Guru

GPU:
    Foxconn 8800GTX OC'd Ed.
    i just installed the pci latency tool and my vid card isnt there? any ideas? thanks.

14. anomoly

anomoly New Member

GPU:
    ATI X800 Pro bb
    I just got an MIT MDP-130 HDTV Tuner PCI card & it stutters horribly in conjunction with my 2 SATA drives whenever I try to record or use the 'tivo' like function. I have heard that sata drives will slow down your pci bus & make recording difficult from a pci slotted tuner card.

I have to put the sata's back (complete reorder my drives) to test this utility which will not only save me money (by not having to buy an external sata enclosure) but should also enable me to use the default soft that came with the card. Right now I am using an ide for my os & a separate prog for the recording soft which is actually working ok. Miss my raptor. Will edit this after I clone my sata

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  15. ffa

ffa Member Guru

3.0:

http://www.savefile.com/files/9949765

Could somebody tell me if the x64 version is working/imploding/whatever?

"vid not there" see the readme.

new:
    -restores the settings after resuming from standby
    -import/export settings from/to files.
    -should be more stable.
    -it's smaller.

The latest version of Windows Installer is at Microsoft.com (~300KB).

16. azndragnz2k

azndragnz2k Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800Gs Oc AGP 256MB
    In a lot of game i have stuttering problems. My fps is fine, but when i like turn around in the environment it starts to stutter and i can hear my harddrive or whatever noise coming from my computer. Sometimes i get weird sound problems, like it repeating or something. Heck i upgraded froma ti 4200 and i get the exact frames in both games, but the ti4200 ran smoother. I even formatted and everything.

This is my setting, any suggestion to what i should do? My pc specs are also on the right.

[​IMG]

Please help, this stuttering is pissing me off.

17. Ver Greeneyes

Ver Greeneyes Member

GPU:
    Geforce 4 Ti 4600 from ASUS
    The link seems to be dead, sorry; tried with IE and Firefox.

18. ffa

ffa Member Guru

19. ffa

ffa Member Guru

Oks, I finally got myself an x64 system and this is 3.0 final, just in time for christmas, and a recommended update:

http://www.esi-pro.co.kr/spboard/board.cgi?id=FAQ&action=view&gul=36&page=1&go_cnt=0

Changes are described in the readme. Read it.

Importantly, this release fixes a pretty rare bug, resulting in an instant system lockup. The tool didn't check if the devices reported by Windows are actually present, and it turned out some of the devices were bogus (even though the parameters to SetupDiGetClassDevs specified that only PRESENT devices are to be reported!). An attempt to access the non-existing device resulted in an infinite loop at an elevated IRQL and at the same - a lock up.

20. binkgle

binkgle Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Geforce 6800nu 77.13 stock
    i just installed 3.0 final and my video card isn't showing up, while it did in 2.7 or whatever the latst version was. it's an agp leadtek 6800nu, and the readme suggests that it should show up...