PCI Express 2.0 standard released

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

The official spec for PCI Express 2.0 has now been released bringing with it significant boosts to the interface. The total capacity of the PCI Express 2.0 bus will be 5Gbps twice the old standard and...

More...

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Damn, another thing to consider waiting for. But will it affect the Graphics Cards Performance that we have now (8800gtx etc)?

3. ReBeL

ReBeL Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    cool. Too bad my new parts are all on the way, but I guess you can always keep waiting for the next best thing....

4. Preachergeek

Preachergeek Guest

GPU:
    MSI 8800gtx @ 655/950
    Don't worry about it ReBel, it won't help much in terms of overall performance yet anyways, and you can always use the new graphics card you've bought with it if/when you do upgrade to a mobo that supports it.

lol, having said that i'm probably just trying to make myself feel better for having just spend like £1600 on a new system on Sunday. :p

5. MrFox

MrFox Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 580GTX SOC x2
    Yeah I'm telling myself that too. But if you just kept waiting and waiting for new stuff to come out you would never get anything.

6. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    That is true, the waiting game will never work as long as you feel the temptation for the new cutting edge stuff:)

7. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    AGP x8 doesn't even seem maxed out so I doubt this is necessary.

8. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Yeah but that is irrelevant. Necessary has nothing to do with it. Hell it looks like I am going to skip pci-e 1.x altogether. I'm happy and so is my fat wallet.

9. zinc99

zinc99 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    This may not help the GFX cards, but big servers with massive raid and processor cards will see a boost.

10. Preachergeek

Preachergeek Guest

GPU:
    MSI 8800gtx @ 655/950
    Yeah, very true my friend. I'm happy i've ordered now, i think it's probably a good time as the only imminent thing that's coming out will be the r600, and that probably won't be around until mid March, and even then it probably won't destroy the 8800gtx i ordered by too much.

11. allstopp

allstopp Banned

GPU:
    8800GTX SLI
    Great, just what we needed, more bandwith that will go to waste :) Where do I sign?...*sarcasm.*