PC vs Killzone 2 (graphics)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eduardmc, Jan 21, 2009.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Crysis is one of the very few games with True 3d environments. no 2d skyboxes or backdrops. no cheap tricks to give an illusion...aside from parallel occlusion mapping but its really not that cheap.nothing like GT5's illusions

If you notice, these complaints mainly only happen when a game's options allow to go beyond the user's rig capability. Like Doom 3 and "Ultra" mode.
    If Crysis only had Medium as a max and labled it as "mega ultra oober zomfg" then everyone would be saying how great it runs, yet still looks as good or better than many games including the few lush outdoor games like Oblivion.

personally, i think its great that they futureproof games a bit. when you replay them years down the road, their gonna look better than if they developed it with current hardware only in mind.

2. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I can't put my finger on it but I think I've heard this somewhere before.....

3. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I with you on this, I used to have that problem but now I can't be bothered. If there's a tweak that will give a real felt benefit I'll try it but I'm not in no way gonna spend more than 5 minutes tweaking anything.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Back on topic; I thought that was the best advert for a game I've seen in a long time.

They had me until the spaceships blew-up and I saw the fire effects...not the best I've seen in a game by far. Still a delicious cut-scene if it is a cut-scene.

I could've just about been convinced it was real-time had I not already seen the in-game vids.

I would love in this case to be proved wrong though! Tell me it's truely real-time! ;)

Loved Crysis tbh. Got Warhead a week ago, but, have only installed and had a quick go in w7.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    imho killzone 2 looks like COD4 / 5 graphics wise... crysis is the best looking game out there, i dont like it but tbh its the best looking one.

Theres plenty of games that look better or on par with killzone 2. it looks good yea but its nothing that we havent seen b4.

gotta hope that KZ2 wont be as crappy as first one on the gameplay department

edit: and the first video in this thread is named like this

Killzone 2

Opening Cinema HD

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)

click here ---> http://talkplaystation.com/killzone-2-has-no-cgi-animation-everything-is-real-time/

Here are the official trailers

Click here 1 http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_9227_en.html

Click here 2 http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_9831_en.html

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    And so dreamcast2 shivers...counting its days ;)

8. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    haha! What? "so yeah guys its real time...well it was when we recorded it". Who really cares about the cutscenes, as long as the gameplay itself is good.

Exactly. I agree, had the game been locked at medium there would be a lot less trouble, it was just people trying to run much higher than that. e.g. g3d's reviews often benchmark crysis on medium, for sensible reasons.

Fair enough, as patches improved performance it wasn't perfectly optimized on release, but still. Load up the assault map on Crysis and see how much there is to display compared to your average game. Future-proofing is great, when I upgraded I could turn it up, and so on.

9. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    you are so right..when i first played that game i was so surprised..is such a beautiful game..

what's up, comparing a cinematic trailer with real time graphics !?

10. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    I agree!:nerd:

11. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Somebody put this thread out of it's misery. :biggun:

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    The videos here are worth a look even though you may never play the game as a gamer its interesting to see what new games are like, apprently theres no CGI at all it's all done using the ingame engine.

"1080p Kilzone 2 videos SPOILERS" ----> http://www.jv247.com/games/667-VIDEOS-Killzone-2.html

13. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6600XT
    seems pre rendered video.... not a gameplay.

14. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    When this game was first announced they had an awesome video for it and Sony said that it was all in-game footage. It was discovered shortly after that it was indded a pre-rendered CGI cutscene, actual in-game screens were shown by a website (the name escapes me) and it looked about as good graphics wise as Halo 3.

That was a long time ago though, so the graphics are probably better now but i wouldn't think by much.

15. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660S Gaming X

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    It's a hybrid graphics chip, you can't say its a 7800 because it's not. It's changed a TON since it's original design by Nvidia. It is purely the RSX chip, nothing more, nothing less.

@Mannerheim...

It's gameplay, people got to play a tech demo already.

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yes, it's all real-time. I ****ing can't wait. Feels good to own a PS3 and a HDTV right now.

18. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    It's a crippled G70 (8 ROPs, 128-bit bus) that Sony threw in there at the last minute when they realized that Cell wasn't good enough on its own. There's nothing special about it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i realy dont know what to believe. Cell or 7800 or PS3 is awesome or...damn.

20. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    It could be real-time but in my opinion theres going to a lot of disappointed fans come launch, regarding the graphics. In the supposed in-game footage it has character gaphics better than those in Crysis and i'm sorry but that is impossible for todays consoles.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009