PC vs Killzone 2 (graphics)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eduardmc, Jan 21, 2009.

1. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    I don't know how I got what you were trying to say, but I just did.

2. weston

weston Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    could you pass me some? haha I could use the entertainment!

3. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450

nothing really beats crysis from an all around technical standpoint but killzone 2 has come the closest, and not only that doesn't try to copy. it has its own style. the fact that its being done on a 7800 is even more impressive(heavily optimized with cell of course).

4. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    That trailer was probably made on PC.

5. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    well console game are made on pc :)

6. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    the only game that did come close was, is age of conan

7. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    :vader:

Textures, aa, af are not everything in graphics. Obviously PC depending on the configuration can use more of that but lightning, atmosphere in general, physics of KZ2 is what makes this game special

8. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Yeah I think I understand, though some words may be a bit confused. Would you say that CoD4 was evolutionary while Crysis was more revolutionary, in terms of the gaming scene as a whole?

I'd have to play the whole game before I could decide if the title was particularly special or not - like a professional reviewer would be - as the demo shows the game to be solid / polished but nothing to rave about, like many games.

edit: Played Drake's Fortune today after a few discussions on forums. Was pretty fun, but whoever said it was graphically as good as Crysis must have been on one hell of a trip. Still, I don't want to de-rail the thread.

Finally completed Resistance 1 on co-op as well - a good co-op game.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't think anyone ever said that Uncharted looked as good as Crysis.

10. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:

Yes , that's what I meant , COD4 being more of an evolutionary title and Crysis being more of a revolutionary title , in turns of the gaming scene , exactly.. ;)
    My apologies for not being able to put it so simply , my english is horrible and my english teachers never did any good , in fact they were much worse :(
    To top this off , I've never been great at being to the point in any language..
    I'm considerably dumb and slow..

11. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    To be fair your English is pretty good, and your spelling is better than many English people! Where you from?

on topic: I agree with most of that, COD4 does linear shooters very well while Crysis shows off future graphics and I enjoy the open environments.

12. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Age of Conan is not a bad looking game by any means..but it certainly hasn't left much impressions on the general public.

I've heard the question "is that in real-time?" for Crysis and Killzone 2 numerous times. Never for Conan. The very fact that this thread was made, however useless it is, just shows that Killzone 2 has made itself a contender. If the graphics weren't even comparable, surely it couldn't rile up a PC gamer forum.

13. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Coming from a PC/360 supporter, KZ2 is the best looking console game I've seen. Seriously, and the demo has a good framerate. I seriously don't know how they did it when every other dev out there can't manage shat with the PS3. I barely use my PS3 for games but I'll be buying this one.

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    They can manage doing it because the game has been in development for like three years, utilizing an engine that's designed for the PS3.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    just reading how they did kz2 and what they did utilizing the cell and the gpu it really is an impressive bit of programming. and on top it there is no install to the ps3 hd and yet the game runs solid for the most part. just wondering if it did install textures if the game could have run wo the loading hitches and pop up a bit better.

but either way they really performed some magic with the ps3 and squeezing the most out of it.

16. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Does seem to be an unusual decision not to install files to HD.

17. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Anything can rile up a PC gamer forum if it's worded correctly, espesically if it mentions consoles.

18. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    horse; check PM :D

Hey I was lucky , got Killzone 2 , seems like some retailers couldnt wait..
    It is loaded with non stop action , this game feels large scale..
    If you liked the Demo , you'll love the game loads more..
    You'll be surprised with the number of unites popping , on screen at the same time without slowdowns..
    The dust and the blur , the things the enemies do..
    Impressive..
    Weapons get better..

19. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Played it down at my freinds last night. I cannot really say much about it as all the motion blur gave me a massive headache and sickness. And the control sensativety was like snail pace even after adjusting in the options.

It did look nice though for the bit i played of the demo. Just too many effects forced on screen at once. I mean when you turn even really really slowley the end of the gun goes out of focus.

Thats about it really.

20. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    In general view no console game or console for that matter can t come close to a pc graphic.

All of this discussion is pointless