PC vs Killzone 2 (graphics)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eduardmc, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    The shader model, shader rendering enhancements and tesselation engine aswell as a couple of other things are hardware only, so you will need a DX11 card to get full advantage.

Multi-threaded performance enhancements and the open shader language are backwards compatible.

2. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD6950 2GB
    I coud also waste my money to big TV and connect it to PC. Then play with real 1080p that is impossible to consoles... maybe not to tetris but...

They just scale the screen resolution higher and thats not good.... Is it?

3. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Yeah it definitely helps if your hardware is only generating 720p - or below - and upscaling it, gives you a bit more room to pack in the quality:

I'm not saying any one platform is completely better than the other, it's just that this discussion becomes even more ridiculous if people don't even have a clue what they are talking about, or create strawman arguments with no back-up such as "OMG PRICE!" or "GO BACK TO YOUR SMALL SCREEN!". If you don't have anything useful to add, shut up, haha.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  4. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    The demo looks quite good for a console, but
    You seem to forget that killzone 2 is running @ 720p.

Even Crysis is no biggy @ 720p. But hell, who runs a game @ 720p on a pc anyway, that's just uber low :p

5. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    the Demo is extremely impressive..
    Also the the guy who said the Xbox 360 has GOW 2 and the PS3 has Killzone 2 , should re-consider that statement big time..
    GOW2 looks horrible vs Killzone 2..

Killzone 2 has the " Wow factor " !
    This coming from a guy who loves Crysis/Warhead !!

Graphically Killzone 2 is quite the impressive stuff , it eats GOW 2!
    Those videos aren't fake , the game looks and plays very impressively a must play for everyone..

6. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    I saw people's posts after playing the demo. They were so amazed. I never thought i would be. Its better than COD4.

Try these controls Alternative 2 with zoom on hold to zoom

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Killzone 2 is realy amazing indeed (just got to love it) but i still think Crysis hold the tittle of best graphics...

8. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    also title off most unplayable game >_>

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How is it unplayable? Sure maybe at the highest settings with an old computer.. but even on the second highest it still has the best graphics. And The General has ran it on his P3 600 MHZ processor with 512 megs of ram.

10. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:

Yeah I believe so too but I have to give it to killzone 2 tho , it does pick a fight with Crysis/Warhead Graphically..
    It beats Crysis/Warhead with it's Graphics/performance/hardware results bigtime..
    But over all Crysis wins Graphically , although many PS3 fans now officially have an excuse to boast about Graphics on Consoles..

But Crysis is lucky , it's on the PC...lol
    U can always Crank up AA/AF/the res and tweak the game to look sleeker at anytime with the cost of performance of course..
    But for the average gamer , they'll be attracted to Killzone 2 more then they were attracted to Crysis/Warhead even Graphically !

Warhead wins , Killzone 2 comes in second..
    But killzone 2 does alot better then what I was expecting originally..
    The explosions seem to have improved alot , the blur is pretty and the lighting is cool , the A.I does fancy stuff and doesn't stay at one spot..
    The game does not suffer from jaggies the way most other famous Console titles do..
    In fact that was the first thing I was impressed by..

The other annoying thing about Killzone 2 is the ps3 controller..lol

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009

11. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Very true, hell my rig can run Crysis at 1280x720 in DX10 with all settings maxed out with 16aa and 16af and it's smooth, shame it looks like a dog scaled up on my 22" monitor though :D.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    there was alot of debatable hate at crysis mostly due to people actually following the hype for years and allowing them to think that somehow crysis was going to reinvent the fps game.

then there was the hate that people saw videos that looked close to real and when they could not run at max res at 60 fps and hell couple that with it ran worse on vista then xp, despite the hype about dx10. and pile on that the fact it could look nearly as good in dx9 vs dx10. it added even more ticked off peeps.

either way the deck was stacked against crysis before it even got released, especially with the people that blew a few grand on pcs just for crysis and expected the thing to run like butter with AA AF yadda yadda crancked.

i thought crysis was a darn good fps, and loved power struggle mp, the suit was darn cool and allowed you to play the game many different ways, first 3/4 of the game was sandboxy enough to give a ton of play choices, last few levels were more or less on rails. i still played the game several times through.

don't feel bad for liking crysis, nothing to be ashamed of :p.

glad ps3 got a good fps kz2 does look pretty cool, been playing skate 2 on my ps3 of late and liking that alot.

13. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Very true you hit the nail on the head, I was one of those guys who learned a lot we shall say about the limits of cry engine 2. I played the game in DX9 and averaging about 35fps with a mix of high and medium graphics 16x AF and 2x AA. These screen shots are from my AMD rig with a 5200+, a x16 and x 8 pcie slots and a 96sp and a 112sp 8800gts. So my current rig runs it at 35 fps average easy. My Amd one ran it at about 24 - 30 fps and all of this at 1920 x 1080p. All pictures taken at 1920 x 1080p as good as KZ2 looks I could crush those graphics and smoothness on my current rig at 1280 x 720p.

Back to topic the game looks smooth and ok, but it looks like anyother fps of today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ya i never went with vista, well i tried it hated it switched back in less than a day lol.

ran crysis in 720p ish and got totally playable framerates no AA didnt bother me much, did use edgeAA since as much time as you spend in the shrubs jaggy shrubbery bothered me more.

nice pics!

15. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Eh, the last thing I want to do is get into another freakin' console vs PC war. I'll just say that there is no way in Hades that KZ2 can touch Crysis Warhead set at a custom Gamer(forgot to save the link) mode at 1920x1200 under DX9(DX10 only gives improved blur effects, at least from everything I've read). I can run Enthusiast but even an occasional slowdown annoys the hell out of me.

For all of you Guru long-time vets out there, do you remember when Vinnie said that a single 7800 could handle Crysis? I argued till I was blue in the face that he was delusional. However, I didn't think that several years later a top-of-the-line SLI setup STILL would have problems running that game.

16. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Hey, has anyone tried if keyboard and mouse work with KZ 2?

17. Broseybrose

Broseybrose Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Heres what I dont get about this thread. Im a PC gamer, but I also have had a 52" Samsung 1080p and a PS3 for about a month. Only PS3 game Ive bought is LBP (and Pixel Junk Eden :)) and its awesome.

Now. Everybody comes to this forum for their PC hardware/software info and questions. Except this guy. He wants to come in and compare killzone 2 to "PC Graphics" - wait, not even compare - the thread title has VS in it, which makes it a competition... and there is no competition!

What kind of reaction did he expect?

18. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    It can, on low settings.

19. vdtwo

vdtwo New Member

GPU:
    Ati 4800 512 mb

gdc06 map with custom config. Specs below

q6600@2.8
    8800GT 512
    2GB DDR2800

1280x720 windowed

This guy was having 20 fps with a 8800 gt only. Now do you think it looks like any other fps of today. Dman it looks real

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Oh, it can handle enthusiast quality.

If you like looking at pictures instead of playing the game. =]